Thread: Flyers Wives Carnival

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody going to it?

For those fans of other teams, the Flyers have a carnival every year in Philly to raise money for cancer research.

Every Flyer and Phanton attends and sit in booths and sign 'graphs for $5. They also have an alumni booth where dudes like The Hammer (Dave Schultz)sign for you.

They have games for the kids and a 1/4 of the ice is left uncovered and you can shoot on the goalie in full gear..

They have a awesome raffle of assorted Flyer gear and a Flyer Harley. A couple years ago I went all out and won the Flyers locker room visit. 2 tix in the club seats with bar and "room service", then after the game we went downstairs for autographs and pics in the locker room, met LeClair, Recchi, Tocchet, really great time for me and my brother.

Any other teams do anything similar?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just checking the Flyers minor league team roster, and was very surprised to see former NHL'ers, and no strangers to the penalty box,

Craig The Chief Berube

Mike Peluso

PJ Stock

All 3 played in most recent Phantom game and either had a point, or a penalty, or both.

Gotta get my Berube jersey out of the closet for the carnival now...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mike Peluso on Phantoms is not same ex NHL'er from 'hawks, Devils, etc..

Went to carnival today, had one of those Flyers metal street signs, black with orange letters, got lots of dudes to sign it in silver sharpie, including Bobby Clarke, Gary Dornhoefer, Berube, Burke, Desjardins, Therien, Brashear, Keith Jones, Danny Markov, and Kim Johnsson, and the skating tripod, Kjell Samuelsson, just to name a few. Looks great, going up in the basement, with the Jets and Huskers street signs.

Got all of them on hockey cards too, plus Somik and Handzus. Turned out well, not too crowded, like in past years, it seemed.

Burke was saying that Phoenix does the same type of thing for their fans, had it just before he got traded.

Brashear was kind of "funny", they had him set up at a table, set back from the line of people by a row of seats, so you were about 4 feet from him at closest point, plus 2 handlers to take your items and give them to him. He seemed to be in bad mood. I had 3 8X10 pics of him from a Devil game this year and wanted to get them personalized to a friends new baby, my son for his birthday and my brother. Never been a problem in past, every Flyer always did whatever was asked. Brashear did the first one, mis spelling the name I spelled for him, then just signed his name to other 2 as handlers said "Oh, he's not allowed to personalize.".. Then when I got pics back the first one was smeared and all 3 the name was completely illegable. Total waste of time. As me and my brother walked away, we both said the same thing, he looks punch drunk. He did get a DWI a few months ago, maybe he just had a bad hangover..

Apparently Berube is a player/coach for Phantoms.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Chief is one of my personal heroes, and I hope to hell he ascends to coach the Phantoms and maybe at the NHL level down the road, much like Tocchet's gig in Colorado (still saddens me we couldn't find room in our system to groom him as a coach right here).

He's also a great interview and good to fans, especially the lovers of hockey fights.

PJ Stock is basically a trade loaner from Boston's affiliate, and as such he can't be called up or play with the team next year. It's a shame, as he was always another favorite of mine and the Flyers could really use him right now with all their injuries to the physical guys (Brashear, Primeau, Roenick). My hope is that Boston just rolls it into a draft pick trade, and we can have him as an official Phantom with call-up options for next season.

That Brashear anecdote is pretty funny; he was at an Eagles game in the press box with a friend of mine, along with LeClair -- and the situation was exactly the opposite. Brash was really chummy with everyone and was discussing past fights, while LeClair had a horrible hangover and just wanted to be left alone. It's a shame the fans hate Brashear so much because he doesn't play by the unofficial "Rules of Enforcement", but when he does fight he almost always wins. And it's cool to see an American-born black French Canadien who plays piano and has a 4th degree black belt or something in the NHL as a 3rdline/goon tweener.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 23 2004, 04:17 PM
    The Chief is one of my personal heroes, and I hope to hell he ascends to coach the Phantoms and maybe at the NHL level down the road, much like Tocchet's gig in Colorado (still saddens me we couldn't find room in our system to groom him as a coach right here).

He's also a great interview and good to fans, especially the lovers of hockey fights.

PJ Stock is basically a trade loaner from Boston's affiliate, and as such he can't be called up or play with the team next year. It's a shame, as he was always another favorite of mine and the Flyers could really use him right now with all their injuries to the physical guys (Brashear, Primeau, Roenick). My hope is that Boston just rolls it into a draft pick trade, and we can have him as an official Phantom with call-up options for next season.

That Brashear anecdote is pretty funny; he was at an Eagles game in the press box with a friend of mine, along with LeClair -- and the situation was exactly the opposite. Brash was really chummy with everyone and was discussing past fights, while LeClair had a horrible hangover and just wanted to be left alone. It's a shame the fans hate Brashear so much because he doesn't play by the unofficial "Rules of Enforcement", but when he does fight he almost always wins. And it's cool to see an American-born black French Canadien who plays piano and has a 4th degree black belt or something in the NHL as a 3rdline/goon tweener.
    I'd love to see a "Craig Berube" nite in Philly before the season is out, with him called up to dress in the orange and black one last time, but that apparently is not an option as he has AHL only contract. Too Bad.

PJ Stock, 2 years ago at Flyers carnival, had the HOTTEST wife/girlfriend I have ever seen. She took my breath away, sitting next to him as he signed 'graphs. Wifes/'friends dont sit with Phantoms, so I didnt get to see if they are still together this year.

As for 87, this was my first closeup of him, I dont know if he was having a bad day or what, but he looked down, and certainly wasnt bubbling over with conversation or smiles..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if you're lucky, Brasear will F.A. you with a hockey stick, McSorely style.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still cant believe that little tap sprawled out Brashear like that anyway...