Thread: LAPD cop murdered

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 cops flagged down by a woman who stated her friend was assaulting her, they respond to find male suspect and approach him and he opens fire, striking one cop below his vest, killing him. 2nd cop returned fire, but suspect escaped before massive manhunt captured him 3 hours later.

[url]www.odmp.org[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Stewdawg[/i]@Feb 21 2004, 05:53 PM
    [b] 2 cops flagged down by a woman who stated her friend was assaulting her, they respond to find male suspect and approach him and he opens fire, striking one cop below his vest, killing him. 2nd cop returned fire, but suspect escaped before massive manhunt captured him 3 hours later.

[url]www.odmp.org[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Another tragic, unneccessary death.

A lot of shots are getting through vests lately, can't say I like the direction I've seen shootings lately. Past couple shootings here in MI before DPD involved bullets 'finding their way' through panels in the vest.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was only 30 and 2 years on the force. It's just sad!!!
    I have a couple of friends that are in the LAPD, L.A. County Sheriffs, and CHP and just hope that never happens to them.

Those bastards deserve to be executed!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYJ310[/i]@Feb 23 2004, 05:28 PM
    [b] He was only 30 and 2 years on the force. It's just sad!!!
    I have a couple of friends that are in the LAPD, L.A. County Sheriffs, and CHP and just hope that never happens to them.

Those bastards deserve to be executed! [/b][/quote]
    The famlies of Officers Bowen and Fettiq, the DPD officers killed last week, are pushing Michigan Reps. and Sens. for legislation that would make the murder of a police a federal offense, punishable by the death penalty. A federal law would allow the death penalty for states like Michigan, where it will never become a reality.

If you support this type of legislation, I urge you to contact your US Representative and State Senators and speak your mind. They can be found at:

US HOR: [url]www.house.gov[/url]

US Senate [url]www.senate.gov[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Feb 23 2004, 06:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Feb 23 2004, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--NYJ310[/i]@Feb 23 2004, 05:28 PM
    [b] He was only 30 and 2 years on the force. It&#39;s just sad&#33;&#33;&#33;

Those bastards deserve to be executed&#33; [/b][/quote]
    The famlies of Officers Bowen and Fettiq, the DPD officers killed last week, are pushing Michigan Reps. and Sens. for legislation that would make the murder of a police a federal offense, punishable by the death penalty. A federal law would allow the death penalty for states like Michigan, where it will never become a reality.

If you support this type of legislation, I urge you to contact your US Representative and State Senators and speak your mind. They can be found at:

US HOR: [url]www.house.gov[/url]

US Senate [url]www.senate.gov[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the info Guns.

I will definitely speak out.