Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Interesting short article in the Daily News

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/166533p-145751c.html]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/...3p-145751c.html[/url]

A White House wonk says building a Big Mac is a manufacturing job.
    Fast-food jobs should not be considered service sector work because it actually is "combining inputs to manufacture a product" - and should be reclassified as manufacturing work, Gregory Mankiw wrote in the Bush administration's annual economic report.

Democrats accused President Bush's chief economist of trying to mask the fact that 2.2 million high-wage jobs have been lost since Bush took office.

"Unable to stop the hemorrhaging of American manufacturing jobs, the Bush administration is offering up some world-class job creation sleight of hand: Change the definition of what constitutes a manufacturing job," griped Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.).

Maxman
    I heard this yesterday on the radio and found it very scary. It is nothing knew though. A Tailor is currently considered to be a manufacturing job.

Similar to how the Unemployment #'s don't reflect those people who are no longer looking (says who) or those who are under employed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. I didnt mean to look partisan by posting this, as these days Im not enamored of either party. I just found it interesting how the numbers can be played with so easily.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [u][b][SIZE=4]LET'S FACE IT GOD'S PRESIDENT LIES AND KILLS!!![/SIZE][/b][/u]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by outsider[/i]@Feb 22 2004, 10:20 AM
    [b] [u][b][SIZE=4]LET'S FACE IT GOD'S PRESIDENT LIES AND KILLS!!![/SIZE][/b][/u] [/b][/quote]
    Nothing like having a productive discussion :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by outsider[/i]@Feb 22 2004, 10:20 AM
    [b] [u][b][SIZE=4]LET'S FACE IT GOD'S PRESIDENT LIES AND KILLS!!![/SIZE][/b][/u] [/b][/quote]
    Quite possibly the most unintelligent post ever on this forum.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you guys call it unintelligent because you can not rebut it. Furthermore, it is alright we all know it is the truth!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by outsider[/i]@Feb 22 2004, 11:20 AM
    [color=red][SIZE=4][b]TAILGATORS??????[/b][/color][/SIZE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, you all should definitely read "Fast Food Nation", a hell of a read, really gives you a good picture of how the homogenization of American businesses is affecting our economy as a whole.