Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Me? Or Has It Been Peaceful Around Here?

Hall Of Fame
    Sure has been nice around here lately. Calm, professional, and intelligent discussions (for the most part), no name calling or personal attacks since Tailgators declared his "Operational Pause".

I'm beginning to like it.

All League
    I think it has been kind of dead. There is not much new posted in here. I don't find anything to really get riled up about. Guess we'll have to wait for a big scandal.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 23 2004, 06:28 PM
    [b] I think it has been kind of dead. There is not much new posted in here. I don't find anything to really get riled up about. Guess we'll have to wait for a big scandal. [/b][/quote]
    Haha.

Both sides are sitting around, hoping it's the other one. :D

Hall Of Fame
    In fairness to Tail, I've been gone for a week too, perhaps that's why it's been more civil!

And ComeBacktoNY has still done his part by continuing to call everyone who disagrees with him an America Hating Terrorist, and continues to use his sig for personal attacks on Section109's fire extinguishing urinal motivation. But other than that, I think everyone's been civil. :lol:

I do have to say I'm glad GoB, Bob, Riggo, and Big Al stop by here more often now -- a lot of threads have gotten more interesting discussion, and it has made even some of the more normally hostile and one-line-putdown types open to responding at length with some degree of diplomacy.

Welcome back, 5ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks Broseph. Did the Disney thing with the fam (in-laws, etc). It was awesome. Hard to believe, but it was actually my first time ever at Disney. It was a school-break week so it was crowded as hell, but fun. Gmogmo's little girl was loving the parks and all; it was cool to see her reactions. Universal rocks and dorks like me like Epcot. (Loved sampling the different beers all over the "world" at Epcot)

I was unimpressed with Animal Kingdom, but the rest of it is quite impressive. Disney has a transportation system and infrasructure that rivals most major cities'. The scope is breath-taking.

I played golf at two courses down there, which was fun. 75 to 80 degrees and sunny every day...can't beat that. Now I'm back in cold Boston...yikes.

You know, it was kind of nice not reading the newspaper, going online or watching TV for a week...I think I should try it more often!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Set Junta[/i]@Feb 24 2004, 11:29 AM
    [b] And ComeBacktoNY has still done his part by continuing to call everyone who disagrees with him an America Hating Terrorist, and continues to use his sig for personal attacks on Section109's fire extinguishing urinal motivation. But other than that, I think everyone's been civil. :lol:

[/b][/quote]
    That's not true...my ire is directed at two people on this board who've constantly made statements against America and its' troops. I've disagreed with you but have never incinuated the such about yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Feb 24 2004, 11:36 AM
    [b] Thanks Broseph. Did the Disney thing with the fam (in-laws, etc). It was awesome. Hard to believe, but it was actually my first time ever at Disney. It was a school-break week so it was crowded as hell, but fun. Gmogmo's little girl was loving the parks and all; it was cool to see her reactions. Universal rocks and dorks like me like Epcot. (Loved sampling the different beers all over the "world" at Epcot)

I was unimpressed with Animal Kingdom, but the rest of it is quite impressive. Disney has a transportation system and infrasructure that rivals most major cities'. The scope is breath-taking.

I played golf at two courses down there, which was fun. 75 to 80 degrees and sunny every day...can't beat that. Now I'm back in cold Boston...yikes.

You know, it was kind of nice not reading the newspaper, going online or watching TV for a week...I think I should try it more often! [/b][/quote]
    Hey..glad you liked Disney, I love the place (will like it even more when they boot Eisner).

I proposed to my wife in Disney back in '99, renting out Cinderella's Rose Garden right by the castle (that's the way to score points for your entire life!). Ironcially we took our daughter there last October when she was 7.5 months old and you could tell she enjoyed it.

Where did you stay?

Disneyland in Ca. is also pretty good, quaint but a nice place.

All Pro
    And lately I do more lurking than posting.

There's a limit to how many times I can respond to "Bush is a primate" and "France is the wisest country in the world".

come back i better not be one of those people :lol:

i bash bush but fiercely support the troops - in fact that's why im anti-war cause their lives have value

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 24 2004, 12:52 PM
    [b] come back i better not be one of those people :lol:

i bash bush but fiercely support the troops - in fact that's why im anti-war cause their lives have value [/b][/quote]
    No...I was thinking along the lines of outsider and sec109; a pair of repulsive people who've even offended libs on this board.

All League
    [quote][b]I proposed to my wife in Disney back in '99, renting out Cinderella's Rose Garden right by the castle (that's the way to score points for your entire life!). [/b][/quote]

You should have done it at Universal when Jaws pops out of the water.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 24 2004, 02:42 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I proposed to my wife in Disney back in '99, renting out Cinderella's Rose Garden right by the castle (that's the way to score points for your entire life!). [/b][/quote]

You should have done it at Universal when Jaws pops out of the water. [/b][/quote]
    Another intelligent response from an idiot.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Feb 23 2004, 04:57 PM
    [b]Sure has been nice around here lately. Calm, professional, and intelligent discussions (for the most part), no name calling or personal attacks since Tailgators declared his "Operational Pause".

I'm beginning to like it.[/b][/quote]
    Didn't you tell him to wear a Kerry t-shirt on vacay so the terrorists would know he was on their side? Then this is ironic:

[img]http://www.mightyrighty.com/images/osama3.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Feb 24 2004, 11:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Feb 24 2004, 11:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Feb 23 2004, 04:57 PM
    [b]Sure has been nice around here lately. Calm, professional, and intelligent discussions (for the most part), no name calling or personal attacks since Tailgators declared his "Operational Pause".

I&#39;m beginning to like it.[/b][/quote]
    Didn&#39;t you tell him to wear a Kerry t-shirt on vacay so the terrorists would know he was on their side? Then this is ironic:

[img]http://www.mightyrighty.com/images/osama3.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Damn that&#39;s a funny sign.

All League
    Wow they&#39;ve moved the Free Speech zones all the way to Afghanistan.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 25 2004, 02:04 PM
    [b] Wow they&#39;ve moved the Free Speech zones all the way to Afghanistan. [/b][/quote]
    the democRATS have done that :D

All League
    [quote][b]the democRATS have done that [/b][/quote]

I thought you guys are praising the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan because we freed the people and brought them democracy.

Banned
    So I&#39;m spending my last night here in Cairo and I just happen to pop open my notebook to check my e-mail, then out of curiosity I come here to see what&#39;s up. Nice to see I haven&#39;t been forgotten.

It&#39;s also nice to see how well the mods are enforcing the so-called no personal attacks rule. Very mature guns.

Oh well its very late here and I&#39;m off to bed, I&#39;ve got a long trip ahead of me later this morning.

See ya&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Feb 26 2004, 05:02 PM
    [b] Oh well its very late here and I&#39;m off to bed, I&#39;ve got a long trip ahead of me later this morning.
    [/b][/quote]
    Must be a long trip into the mountains of Afghanistan. Ask your taliban friends not to tie your head scarf too tight. Wouldn&#39;t want to starve those brain cells of any more oxygen. That courier job requires lots of concentration.