Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: GG Girl......Fenruary 29th - D-Day

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just noticed the game on the schedule, your boys in orange are coming to town.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 26 2004, 11:47 AM
    Our IR list is longer than our roster for chrissakes. I may as well concede the season. Very saddened by J.R.'s bad news......which is MY bad news because we ain't gonna win the Cup without him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Feb 26 2004, 02:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Feb 26 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 26 2004, 11:47 AM
    Our IR list is longer than our roster for chrissakes. I may as well concede the season. Very saddened by J.R.&#39;s bad news......which is MY bad news because we ain&#39;t gonna win the Cup without him. [/b][/quote]
    Always liked JR....It&#39;s ashamed to see that happen to him.

AS for former WIng Keith Primeau....I can&#39;t say the same.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Feb 26 2004, 01:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Feb 26 2004, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Gang Green Girl@Feb 26 2004, 02:35 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria
    @Feb 26 2004, 11:47 AM

Our IR list is longer than our roster for chrissakes. I may as well concede the season. Very saddened by J.R.&#39;s bad news......which is MY bad news because we ain&#39;t gonna win the Cup without him.
    Always liked JR....It&#39;s ashamed to see that happen to him.

AS for former WIng Keith Primeau....I can&#39;t say the same. [/b][/quote]
    You sick bastid&#33;&#33;&#33;

F&#39;ers can&#39;t win without Keith and/or J.R.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Feb 26 2004, 01:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Feb 26 2004, 01:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 26 2004, 11:47 AM
    Our IR list is longer than our roster for chrissakes. I may as well concede the season. Very saddened by J.R.&#39;s bad news......which is MY bad news because we ain&#39;t gonna win the Cup without him. [/b][/quote]
    what is JR&#39;s bad news? I just came from the PF website and saw nothing new.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The F&#39;ers have played well without JR in the past. He&#39;s overrated IMO and often injured. How about that record-setting swamp thing? Marty rules&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 26 2004, 06:10 PM
    The F&#39;ers have played well without JR in the past. He&#39;s overrated IMO and often injured. How about that record-setting swamp thing? Marty rules&#33;
    T-Mac: I hear that your Devs are gonna start Scott Clemmenson for the playoffs. Who is this Marty guy you speak of?

What are your thoughts? Is your boy Scotty ever gonna return to the ice?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lou&#39;s got his work cut out for him. On the shopping list are defenseman, forward and veteran backup goalie(back to Albany, kid). He&#39;s a great GM, though, and always makes the right deals. Stevens is picking up the pace on the treadmill, but is still a long ways from playing. He&#39;s still hoping to get back at some point this season.

See? Your Pumpkins tied a good Ottawa team last nite. Don&#39;t panic&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 27 2004, 08:46 AM
    Lou&#39;s got his work cut out for him. On the shopping list are defenseman, forward and veteran backup goalie(back to Albany, kid). He&#39;s a great GM, though, and always makes the right deals. Stevens is picking up the pace on the treadmill, but is still a long ways from playing. He&#39;s still hoping to get back at some point this season.

See? Your Pumpkins tied a good Ottawa team last nite. Don&#39;t panic&#33;
    F&#39;ers had less than 20 SOG, compared to the Sens 41. Yet, I agree, it was a GOOD tie. Still, I&#39;m panicked.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big surprise that Burke plays 30x better on the road where the "fans" aren&#39;t booing him mercilessly the whole night.

At least we&#39;ll kill Boston in the rematch so I don&#39;t have to hear the Patriots Peanut Gallery wasting their time on this sub-board Monday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 27 2004, 11:55 AM
    Big surprise that Burke plays 30x better on the road where the "fans" aren&#39;t booing him mercilessly the whole night.

At least we&#39;ll kill Boston in the rematch so I don&#39;t have to hear the Patriots Peanut Gallery wasting their time on this sub-board Monday.
    JSJ: You sound like Sather.

Are you blaming the merciless fans in Philly for Burke&#39;s mediocrity? They&#39;re paying good &#036; to see their Orange & Black WIN. We haven&#39;t won the Cup since 1975&#33; Every year the Flyboys are close, but not close enough. We fans are getting restless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, if I was Sather I would have been screaming that this team will never compete until we trade Richards, Carter, Pitkanen, and Nittymaki for CuJo, Federov, and Bondra before the deadline.

I just think fans are buying into something of a groupthink mentality as they vent their frustrations on the recent playoff woes, the 29 year Cup drought, and the fact Burke didn&#39;t have a good first tour of duty in the O&B for a variety of reasons.

There&#39;s been this huge groundswell of knee-jerk people who masturbate furiously over any player under the age of 28 on the team, refuse to acknowledge any of their flaws, and scream bloody hell towards Clarke and Hitchcock if they are ever sat in favor of the veterans -- you see this on every Flyers msg board out there.

Now granted, there&#39;s no excuse Chris Therien should EVER be in the lineup for the team, and his refusal to disappear as a utility blueliner has been the subject of endless conspiracy theories. But I don&#39;t buy into the wisdom that with Esche gone indefinitely, we should have been playing Nittymaki every single night with Neil Little as his backup. I know he did faboo against the Rangers and Devils, and I hope we let him continue to develop. But I&#39;m also glad Burke is here for now, and hope the team D in front of him settles down. He should be the last scapegoat for the way things are going; half the freakin&#39; team is injured right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

7pm Tonight. Robert Lang&#39;s debut as a Red Wing against the Flyers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 29 2004, 01:22 PM

7pm Tonight. Robert Lang&#39;s debut as a Red Wing against the Flyers.
    On the Duece.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    U watching stew??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 29 2004, 04:13 PM
    U watching stew??
    Robert Lang--nice pickup&#33;&#33;&#33;

Chris Therien has no business on the ice.

Looks like Cup winner is coming out of the West&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Mar 1 2004, 11:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Mar 1 2004, 11:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 29 2004, 04:13 PM
    U watching stew??
    Robert Lang--nice pickup&#33;&#33;&#33;

Chris Therien has no business on the ice.

Looks like Cup winner is coming out of the West&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Therien has been such a ficture on D for so long, yet all I hear is grief about him, cant figure it out. I guess Clarke loves him, yet he doesnt seem like his "kinda" guy, no fighting, no monster hits.

The deflection he had on that goal was probably the nicest of his career, too bad it went in the wrong net...