Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Bernie Williams

Maxman
    He had an emergency apendectomy today. He will start the season on the disabled list.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez do they have anyone who could fill in?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's no biggie, he'll be back pretty soon.

Maxman
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Feb 26 2004, 07:00 PM
    It's no biggie, he'll be back pretty soon.
    Regardless you know Kenny Lofton was happy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curt Schilling pitched some 2 weeks after the same procedure. Bernie normally takes a while to get back in the swing of things., I say he will be ready to go, full speed, when the Yanks return from Japan. So he misses 2 games. He will play some games with the minor league team and be ready for game #3 of the season.

No big deal.

Maxman
    Originally posted by mbn007@Feb 27 2004, 08:51 AM
    Curt Schilling pitched some 2 weeks after the same procedure. Bernie normally takes a while to get back in the swing of things., I say he will be ready to go, full speed, when the Yanks return from Japan. So he misses 2 games. He will play some games with the minor league team and be ready for game #3 of the season.

No big deal.
    I just read that his appendix had not burst. So they did the least invasive surgery possible. That should help the recovery time as well.

Plus not taking the Japan trip should help. I really hate the Japan thing...it seems to just tire them out early in the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Maxman@Feb 27 2004, 11:07 AM

Plus not taking the Japan trip should help. I really hate the Japan thing...it seems to just tire them out early in the season.
    That Japan trip will probably cost them some games in April. It's tough to fly halfway around the world twice in a week, and continue the season with only a couple of days off.