Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Rangers/Islanders

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cairns went after Purinton at whistle during their first shift, Cairns dropped his stick but then they were seperated by linesmen.

It looked like half-hearted effort to get at each other to me..

11:30 to go in first and its 2-0 Rangers already, Snow pulled for DiPietro

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap, Purinton IS a gutless puke!!!!

Big scrum, Cairns starts with #5 again and he turtles up, then refuses to fight when Cairns calls him out to center ice.

Goddard and Simon have a good one, looked even.

Messier got between Cairns and Purinton to protect the little queer...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The linesmen did not break up the first cairns attempt to fight Purinton, Purinton just didnt want to fight.

Im a little disappointed in cairns. there is a time and place for that. Usually at the end of the game. Now late in the 3rd period if the game is out of hand the Rangers will goon it up and we only have Godard. Asham can only fight the middle weights... This sucks...

Cairns had to be smarter than that.

Purinton should be ashamed of himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smart move by Puritan. The resulting power play cost the Icelanders a goal, made it 3-0. That was basically the game, even though the Rangers did get 3 more after that.

Bad timing by Cairns, and smart decision by Puritan not to even up the penalty box.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So where's this great Dipietro I keep hearing about on this board? I was stuck with this feed while trying to garner Sens-Flyers updates, and figured I'd stick with it for the fighting alone once it got out of hand. But DiPietro was flat out brutal. Just not a good night to check him out, or has he been inconsistent this year for the Isles?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 27 2004, 12:52 PM
    So where's this great Dipietro I keep hearing about on this board? I was stuck with this feed while trying to garner Sens-Flyers updates, and figured I'd stick with it for the fighting alone once it got out of hand. But DiPietro was flat out brutal. Just not a good night to check him out, or has he been inconsistent this year for the Isles?
    I would say this was one of his worst games in recent memory. :wacko:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mbn007@Feb 27 2004, 12:42 PM
    Smart move by Puritan. The resulting power play cost the Icelanders a goal, made it 3-0. That was basically the game, even though the Rangers did get 3 more after that.

Bad timing by Cairns, and smart decision by Puritan not to even up the penalty box.
    Are you kidding me? Purinton knew the deal coming in, nobody was looking for him to use his head and get the Rangers a PP.

The Ranger fans were looking for him to take on Cairns after he ripped him in the paper, and he pussed out, big time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 27 2004, 11:52 AM
    See him last night in Buffalo? Kid was standing on his head. (hockey term). 42 saves; 19 of them in the 3rd. As long as the Blew$hirts don't form their own nation, DiP might just be the leading candidate for the 2006 Olympic starting job for the U.S.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Rockaway Mike+Feb 28 2004, 08:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rockaway Mike @ Feb 28 2004, 08:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Set Junta@Feb 27 2004, 11:52 AM
    So where&#39;s this great Dipietro I keep hearing about on this board? I was stuck with this feed while trying to garner Sens-Flyers updates, and figured I&#39;d stick with it for the fighting alone once it got out of hand. But DiPietro was flat out brutal. Just not a good night to check him out, or has he been inconsistent this year for the Isles?
    See him last night in Buffalo? Kid was standing on his head. (hockey term). 42 saves; 19 of them in the 3rd. As long as the Blew&#036;hirts don&#39;t form their own nation, DiP might just be the leading candidate for the 2006 Olympic starting job for the U.S. [/b][/quote]
    The kid was phenomenal last night. I think the whole team is just snake-bitten when they play the Rangers. Just about everyone on the roster tanks when they play them.

Not to worry - won&#39;t be facing them come playoff time anyway