Thread: Fantasy Baseball help...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my first year and i didn't get a chance to study up to play because i joined late...

So can anyone give me a heads up on on how to play?

Guns...Mavrik...Do we start 9 guys?

how many pitchers?

In FFootball RB are the key...what the key to this ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...My draft in sunday...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't played in 2 years, but I know a little something. SPs are very important, but you usually only have one or 2 pitching per day. You just need the perfect offense... little bit of speed, good average, good power combined with a pitching staff that will give you a few ace-like starts per week. Then again, I haven't finished above 4th place in my 2 years of playing, so maybe I'm not the best judge. The key thing is that there are A LOT of trades that will happen... if your team sucks on April 1 it can be much better by May 1.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what do you get points for?

Are HR's scored higher than a triple?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'd have to check the Yahoo tutorial for this stuff. But, yeah, it should be. You'd get points for 1) the actual HR 2) the hit 3) the run scored 4) the RBI ... so that ends up to be a lot. I played on Sandbox before, so I'm not sure on the Yahoo specifics.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smizzy-

The way it works is that you will have guys at every position on Offense, and including two 'utility players' to start. Guys that might play the same position as somebody else, but you can't start the two guys at the same position. For pitching, there will be 3 Starting Pitching slots, 2 Relief Pitching slots, and 2 "pitcher" slots, which you can put anyone in. There will also be 5 bench spots that can be either all batters, all pitchers, or a mix of both, whatever you prefer. That brings the total players to about 22 players. So we'll all be drafting 22 guys in the draft tomorrow. Generally, I like to go with pitching to start the draft, but since i have the #2 pick I might think of going with one of the big sluggers. I usually don't get a chance to have a high draft pick so who knows.

Lookin forward to drafting with you guys tomorrow. It's at 6:45, so try to hop on at least 10 minutes early. I've never used the online draft before so we'll have to see how that works. Any other questions let me know.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The online draft is pretty easy and I believe it has a 1 minute timer on it..Also if you look at the way the league scoring system is set up that should help you draft your team....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.

So each night i start 11 fielders....7 pitchers.....3 starters,2 RP and 2 what ever i want?