Thread: Kerry: The old versus the new

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The NEW John Kerry says that he now supports some of the tax cuts in the President's plan. The fact is that the OLD Kerry voted against tax cuts for American families when he had the choice...

The NEW John Kerry has slammed NAFTA, saying he would vote against it. The OLD Kerry praised NAFTA as a path to the future...

The NEW John Kerry slams the Patriot Act. The OLD Kerry, who helped write the law, praised the Patriot Act as key to the War on Terror...

The OLD John Kerry said that Saddam Hussein was a threat and must be disarmed. The NEW Kerry says that the President made a mistake in addressing that threat...to be continued

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You're gonna cry like a little girl when he beats AWOL-boy this fall, aren't you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is standard politics...nothing to be excited about.

All polititians must be hardline in the primaries then soften for the general election. The trick is not to make it look too obvious, but everyone has to do it.

Bob, I've never voted for a Dem before, and I have no interest in walking away from Iraq. but.......
    What is kerry's position regarding global warming?

I'm no tree hugger, but I'm convinced from a purely scientific perspective that my fellow Republicans corporate ties are going to kill us all on this issue.

...but Is Kerry going to do anything regarding greenhouse gases...or does he have a history of being a sellout also?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/energy/]Here's the link to the environment and energy page on Kerry's website.[/url]

What I would expect is a gradual move toward environmental sanity. Kerry (like all politicians) is aware of the economic ramifications of too much action, too quickly. I would expect a return to the Kyoto accords, and some action on the recent Pentagon reports regarding global warming. There would likely be incentives for ecology-friendly economic development, as opposed to the current giveaways to Bush's pals in the extaction industry.

The wholesale clearing of our national forests would be brought to en end, which probably has more impact on global warming than we know. I know - the real problems with clear-cutting aren't within our borders, but are in South America and Africa. Still, we could stop adding to the problem

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 28 2004, 03:13 PM
    [b] You're gonna cry like a little girl when he beats AWOL-boy this fall, aren't you? [/b][/quote]
    I doubt America votes for a self-admitted war criminal who turned his back on fellow GI's.

"While American GI's were tortured and forced to speak against their country in Vietnam John Kerry did so of his own free will here at home."

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    John Kerry is a war hero. George Bush is a draft dodger.

Those are the facts, no matter how much you try to spin it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 28 2004, 05:27 PM
    [b] John Kerry is a war hero. George Bush is a draft dodger.

Those are the facts, no matter how much you try to spin it. [/b][/quote]
    Gets your facts straight...clinton was the draft dodger.

Yes...Kerry was in Vietnam four months and awarded a medal for shooting a man in the back, then threw someone elses medals over the gates of the WH pretending they were his.

He's a self-admitted war criminal but then again, the Rats put up a draft dodger in '92 so why should we be surprised?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why was it bad to be a draft-dodger in '92 and '96, but OK in '00 and '04?

The hypocrisy of you cons is funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 28 2004, 05:39 PM
    [b] Why was it bad to be a draft-dodger in '92 and '96, but OK in '00 and '04?

The hypocrisy of you cons is funny. [/b][/quote]
    Who dodged the draft in '00 and '04? Nice try anyway......

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hypocritical AND ignorant. Nice way to go through life.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 28 2004, 05:53 PM
    [b] Hypocritical AND ignorant. Nice way to go through life. [/b][/quote]
    The motto of the democRATic party!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 28 2004, 03:52 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/energy/]Here's the link to the environment and energy page on Kerry's website.[/url]

[/b][/quote]
    Thanks, Bob.

My own wife doesn't know I'm thinking Dem this time.

A month ago I was up at 2am watching that arcane "Link" international channel, and they showed a January speech given by Al Gore regarding Global Warming. From a science standpoint, it was very compelling. I'm definitely on his side of the aisle........for this issue.

Additionally I've heard that before we fry ourselves, a minor amount of global warming could likely trigger a naturally occuring Ice age...and according to the Antarctic geological record they've set in in as little as 20 years.

Imagine....a 500 foot [b]deep[/b] layer of snow and ice across most of the northern hemisphere in as little as 20 years! It would be incredible to see in my lifetime, but it would also be understandably devastating.

Unfortunately, It won't be gradual enough to prevent politically...at least it seems that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK+Feb 28 2004, 06:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JerryK @ Feb 28 2004, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Feb 28 2004, 03:52 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/energy/]Here&#39;s the link to the environment and energy page on Kerry&#39;s website.[/url]

[/b][/quote]
    Thanks, Bob.

My own wife doesn&#39;t know I&#39;m thinking Dem this time.

A month ago I was up at 2am watching that arcane "Link" international channel, and they showed a January speech given by Al Gore regarding Global Warming. From a science standpoint, it was very compelling. I&#39;m definitely on his side of the aisle........for this issue.

Additionally I&#39;ve heard that before we fry ourselves, a minor amount of global warming could likely trigger a naturally occuring Ice age...and according to the Antarctic geological record they&#39;ve set in in as little as 20 years.

Imagine....a 500 foot [b]deep[/b] layer of snow and ice across most of the northern hemisphere in as little as 20 years&#33; It would be incredible to see in my lifetime, but it would also be understandably devastating.

Unfortunately, It won&#39;t be gradual enough to prevent politically...at least it seems that way. [/b][/quote]
    I actually enjoy that Link station; I watched this report they did on the logging industry in Indonesia; it was compelling.

Here&#39;s one of my many problems with Gore; he goes from event to event berating the President on enviromental issues yet he takes a gas guzzling limo to get there&#33;

I know someone who worked at the Beacon Theatre when he gave his speech there in January, spoke on global warming a day when the tempature outside was 5-degrees- he said the vehicle that drove Gore never shut its&#39; engine off&#33; He assumed it was to keep the heat on&#33; What a croc&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The original point of this post pokes humor at Kerry&#39;s split personality. He votes FOR issues like NAFTA and now criticizes NAFTA.

That&#39;s not standard politics at all. Moreover, Kerry has [b]too many[/b] of these situations where he voted one way and now professes to support the other.

I just don&#39;t see democrats and (especially) independents coming out for Kerry come election day because who the heck knows what he stands for?

The onus is on Kerry&#39;s shoulders to unseat an incumbent president. Kerry is the challenger. The voters who voted for Bush in 2000 will be there to KEEP Bush in office. The way this country is right now Kerry should be HAMMERING Bush in the polls and he&#39;s not - that&#39;s a bad sign.

Having directly opposing positions on issues will be suicidal for Kerry and the democratic party.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 28 2004, 08:04 PM
    [b] I know someone who worked at the Beacon Theatre when he gave his speech there in January, spoke on global warming a day when the tempature outside was 5-degrees- he said the vehicle that drove Gore never shut its&#39; engine off&#33; He assumed it was to keep the heat on&#33; What a croc&#33; [/b][/quote]
    And so is this story. CBNY, you don&#39;t know anyone who works @ the Beacon Theatre.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Feb 28 2004, 10:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Feb 28 2004, 10:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 28 2004, 08:04 PM
    [b] I know someone who worked at the Beacon Theatre when he gave his speech there in January, spoke on global warming a day when the tempature outside was 5-degrees- he said the vehicle that drove Gore never shut its&#39; engine off&#33; He assumed it was to keep the heat on&#33; What a croc&#33; [/b][/quote]
    And so is this story. CBNY, you don&#39;t know anyone who works @ the Beacon Theatre. [/b][/quote]
    How the fuq do you know numbnuts? Welcome back a&#036;&#036;hole&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 29 2004, 01:22 AM
    [b] How the fuq did you know? [/b][/quote]
    I knew because your lie was obvious. On the very day of Gore&#39;s address on the emerging global warming crisis, Rush Limbaugh speculated about the former vice President&#39;s mode of transportation. You merely parroted Rush&#39;s silly conjecture.

CBNY please be advised that the moderators here have placed a ban on personal attacks, if you persist in leveling them at me I will have no choice but to report you.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Feb 29 2004, 11:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Feb 29 2004, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 29 2004, 01:22 AM
    [b] How the fuq did you know? [/b][/quote]
    I knew because your lie was obvious. On the very day of Gore&#39;s address on the emerging global warming crisis, Rush Limbaugh speculated about the former vice President&#39;s mode of transportation. You merely parroted Rush&#39;s silly conjecture.

CBNY please be advised that the moderators here have placed a ban on personal attacks, if you persist in leveling them at me I will have no choice but to report you.[/b][/quote]
    No moron...I speculated in that thread about his mode of transportation and then confirmed it later that week. Who&#39;s lying now moron?

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=15072&hl=al+gore]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.ph...5072&hl=al+gore[/url]

You are a whiny little bastard; don&#39;t come on here, call someone a liar then expect no retribution. You&#39;re a real internet tough guy who challenged me to drive 1-hour plus to meet you at your favorite restaurant (IHOP) so we could fight (I still have the PM&#39;s saved if the mods want to see them).

Its&#39; obvious from your uncomfortable past with the owner of this site you&#39;ve been cited as a trouble maker on more than one occasion.

Go back with your terrorist buddies in eygpt&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can&#39;t wait until the party of doofuses select king doofus this Tuesday.

The "war hero", best friend of Jane Fonda, that consistently voted against a strong national defense and tried his best to gut American intelligence.

The "environmentalist" that kept alternative sources of energy, windmills, out of his backyard.

The "champion of the American worker" who is co-owner of an evil corporation that employs over 80% of its workforce overseas.

A "man of the poor and downtrodden" also known as one of the richest men in America.

The "common man" that doesn&#39;t even know what kind of cheese to put on a cheesesteak.

A "washington outsider" who has been a member of the Senate for over 20 years.

The "moderate" with a voting record left of Mao Tse Tung.

Yes, the free ride ends Tuesday. We&#39;ll see who&#39;ll be crying come November. All we need now is that ever-important endorsement from Al Gore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It&#39;s starting already, Weeb-

From Drudge-

Democrat frontrunner John Kerry is not sure God is on America&#39;s side in the war terrorism. Kerry made the startling comments during Sunday&#39;s Democrat presidential debate in New York City.

Elizabeth Bumiller of the NEW YORK TIMES asked Kerry: "President Bush has said that freedom and fear have always been at war, and God is not neutral between them. He&#39;s made quite clear in his speeches that he feels God is on America&#39;s side.

"Is God on America&#39;s side?"

KERRY: Well, God will -- look, I think -- I believe in God, but I don&#39;t believe, the way President Bush does, in invoking it all the time in that way. I think it is -- we pray that God is on our side, and we pray hard. And God has been on our side through most of our existence.