Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, the shine is off these Knicks

Not that the shine was bright but they were playing decent basketball, got you excited about making the playoffs and maybe getting a big series from houston and marbury and pulling of a stunner. But my gosh, have they regressed. THey cant play any defense, cant grab a rebound, no prescence in the paint, Marbury has had his head up his @ss this whole west coast trip. Just a debacle.

I told you...and JetsD-Master mind wants to buy Finals tickets...

TomShane
    In fairness to the Knicks, that girl Allan Houston has been laying up with an ouchy knee (p***y), and it has limited the Knicks chemistry. That, and factor in the meshing with Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed, and you're bound to have problems.

I do get a kick out of all these "we miss Keith VanHorn wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh" guys though. They kill me.

All League
    Hey, it's a slump.

All average teams go through it, I wouldn't jump ship until they're out of the playoff hunt.
    And they're like still in the 6th seed.

Originally posted by TomShane@Mar 1 2004, 12:35 AM

I do get a kick out of all these "we miss Keith VanHorn wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh" guys though. They kill me.
    I agree. They gave up 107 points lastnight. 90+ to the CLippers. Defense is their main problem. Its not like Van Horn was great defensively.

The defense and rebounding have regressed the past few games, It seems that since the trade on All Star weekend, guys are not sure where they belong on the defensive end, and in rotation. Sitting Mutombo for whatever reason is not helping either.

It will come together soon. The key is the next 10 games or so, all against the Bostons, Washingtons, Philly, etc. We need to get it together quick, and put some distance between us and the rest.

The Van Horn trade was uneccessary. Both times.

Originally posted by Joshua@Mar 2 2004, 08:32 PM
    The Van Horn trade was uneccessary. Both times.
    Unnecessary for now, maybe. But for the future, this was a "must do" deal. Last night showed what these guys can do. Philly was tons more athletic then we were at the beginning of the season. Last night, we showed we have caught up.

All League
    You all still jumping the ship? Or maybe a little 3-game winning streak changed peoples minds?

Originally posted by Icer@Mar 8 2004, 12:54 AM
    You all still jumping the ship? Or maybe a little 3-game winning streak changed peoples minds?
    They need to continue this against Boston and again against Philly. Then a nice win again the Bucks on Sunday will show that they have taken a step up.

Originally posted by Icer@Mar 8 2004, 12:54 AM
    Yea, I know think they are a serious contender after this 3 game tear :lol:

All League
    Hey everyone dismissed them after 6 game losing streak, NY fans love to go from hate to love.

Tim Thomas has showed now that he can fit in. He is a superior athlete compared to KVH. It's not even close. He runs the floor and defends much better then KVH. Along with Nazr, the knicks are playing much better team defense. After getting smoked by Toronto for 62 points in the 1st halk, they clamped down and held them to 14 in the 3rd, and 41 for the entire 2nd half.

The trade was a net gain for NY. The current starting 5 is jelling, and if Houston remains somewhat healthy, they will score and be a threat come playoff time.

And Deke will be around for 15-20 minutes a game in the playoffs. Wilkens knows that he has slowed down, but he can be a defensive presence in the halfcourt game that the playoffs always become. He will contribute.

Well, they lost a tough one to Boston last night. The inability to hit foul shots did them in, as well as their inability to get a hot (7-11 in the 2nd half) Houston the ball the last 2 times down. Need to regroup for Philly and the Bucks, which now become must wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Smizzy@Mar 1 2004, 12:16 AM
    I told you...and JetsD-Master mind wants to buy Finals tickets...
    Did he move to Sacramento, or something? :lol:

Vin Baker was set free yesterday by the arbitrator. Is he a fit with the Knicks??

His game is low post, which the Knicks need, and he can hit the jumper from 15-17 feet out. However, he will need time to get into the flow of things, and understand the Knicks defensive schemes. And time is what we are running out of.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A loss to Philly? What once looked like a 4 seed may not even make the dance. This team needs some W's fast.

Terrible coaching job by Wilkens tonight. He left the same 5 players on the floor for 2 OT sessions and they couldnt throw the ball in the friggin ocean. What did they sign Baker to do? Sell hot dogs? This clown MOhoammed is dropping every rebound like its a hot potatoe but he plays both OT's, meanwhile this bull Sweetney is ripping down every offensive rebound in the house but he cant get any run in OT. Pathetic.

O yea, Marbury is overrated. Good player, but badly overrated. His shot selection absolutely sucks in big spots. I've seen it too much now. The guy is at his best when he penetrates and either dishes off, hits the field goal or draws a foul but in big spots he wants to heeve up 50 foot bricks. Whatever. Again, good player dont get me wrong, but overrated.

Houston, hit a big shot please.

Thanks for reading.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Starbury is too wild. Out of control. He penetrates with no plan and is often trapped.

I would think Baker is still quite a ways from seeing any meaningful minutes.

Correct me if wrong, but didn't the Knicks improve when Houston went down? He's another that dosen't look to pass.

Banned
    I still think the Knicks will make plenty of noise in the playoffs.

Jumba, have you watched Marbruy lately, he has matured big time since being with the lowly NETS. He doesn't penetrate unless he sees he can draw the double coverage to get somebody open.

Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammad have been playing very well lately, and even though they lost tonight, they'll put together a stretch.

I do like the signing of Vin Baker, because no matter how you put it, this guy is a presence who can rebound and give you muscle and size in the paint. You can never have enough good big men.