Thread: Things are lookin' up in Philly

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    J.R. doesn't have brain damage as first thought and will NOT be sent into an early retirement!!!!

Keith will be back for the playoffs!!!

Looks like the Cup will be comin' back to its rightful place!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....not if you have to come to the "old barn" on the Island....Dipietro is looking good and just might be that "hot" goalie every successful playoff team needs....Parrish is back, and Yashin's coming back. Even though at the bottom of the eastern playoff pile, the Islanders are a VERY different team than last years spent version.

Playoff hockey is a month away. As just a casual college hoops fan who doesnt really watch until the "Sweet 16", waiting for March to end and "real" hockey begin is like torture....the month lasts forever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Mar 2 2004, 10:33 AM
    Looks like the Cup will be comin' back to its rightful place!!!!
    Exacty.. Detroit

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guns....Is Detroit lookin to acquire some people before the 9th? I heard they're looking at Leetch...Ranger scum.

Anyway, Detroit is always active acquiring players...will this year be more of the same? Have you heard any rumbling about my beloved Islanders picking anyone up? I thought I heard they were looking defense as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shade and GOB: You guys are so naive and just plain WRONG. Playoffs are a month away and the Flyboys are gettin' healthy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything to improve on what we have out there right now. Although for all my frustration, the team never did go into its annual February slump; even with the recent ignoble defeats to Boston, Tampa, Detroit, et al they have the excuse of injuried and were able to go unbeaten against the Devils, Rangers, and Senaturds.

Primeau MUST come back; having Roenick in there for leadership and attitude alone would be a bonus, but I'm not counting on hard play from him no matter what happens. Still remains to be seen how Esche will hold up post-injury.

The most underrated and forgotten intangible in this whole affair is getting Rico back; then we can scratch Bundy for the playoffs. Or so go my most desparate hopes. That guy just won't go away.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Mar 2 2004, 12:36 PM
    Anything to improve on what we have out there right now. Although for all my frustration, the team never did go into its annual February slump; even with the recent ignoble defeats to Boston, Tampa, Detroit, et al they have the excuse of injuried and were able to go unbeaten against the Devils, Rangers, and Senaturds.

Primeau MUST come back; having Roenick in there for leadership and attitude alone would be a bonus, but I'm not counting on hard play from him no matter what happens. Still remains to be seen how Esche will hold up post-injury.

The most underrated and forgotten intangible in this whole affair is getting Rico back; then we can scratch Bundy for the playoffs. Or so go my most desparate hopes. That guy just won't go away.
    Amen!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

We can't win without Keith, but I'm hopeful he'll be back soon. Robert Esche needs to return to his pre-injury form--I'm confident for the first time in a long time that we've finally got a goalie here!

But we're still thin on D--we need Eric Desjardins back.

I really want to finish ahead of the Devs.