Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Free Agency and Draft Comments

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***Free agency--Jets need to sign two safeties and a guard.
    SS Mike Logan
    S Rogers Beckett
    OG-?
    WR Marcus Robinson?—in case of Wayne?

**2004 NFL Draft—trade down (Denver?--they need a running back)
    Needs—still CB, LB, S and OL—the Jets need youth

Trade Vinny Testerverde and LaMont Jordon to Dallas for a second round pick.
    Trade Anthony Becht for a 3rd round pick
    Trade down for a later 1st round pick and 3rd or 4th round pick--you still pick up a CB or LB and then another LB in later rounds.

Terry Bradway must go!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    why would parcells trade for Vinny and have to pay him an outrageous contract when he knows that he's gonna be cut and that he can sign him on the cheap?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by usafsuperman[/i]@Mar 7 2004, 12:10 PM
    [b] ***Free agency--Jets need to sign two safeties and a guard.
    SS Mike Logan
    S Rogers Beckett
    OG-?
    WR Marcus Robinson?—in case of Wayne?

**2004 NFL Draft—trade down (Denver?--they need a running back)
    Needs—still CB, LB, S and OL—the Jets need youth

Trade Vinny Testerverde and LaMont Jordon to Dallas for a second round pick.
    Trade down for a later 1st round pick and 3rd or 4th round pick--you still pick up a CB or LB and then another LB in later rounds.

Terry Bradway must go! [/b][/quote]
    No way does any trade for Vinny, they just wait for him to be cut.

No one will trade a 3rd to get Becht. The JETS should keep him on as a back-up, where he'd be better suited.

I agree Trade Jordan, but the JETS will only get a high 2nd, or low 3rd for him.

I also agree that the JETS need to trade down and draft a cornerback.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Those that suggest trading Vinny are obviously clueless.

VINNY IS UNTRADABLE and will likely retire in June.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Mar 7 2004, 12:22 PM
    [b]
    VINNY IS UNTRADABLE and will likely retire in June. [/b][/quote]
    DUH! [SIZE=3][b]usafsuperman[/b][/SIZE] pay attention will ya! :o

wickedtwisted
    haha i love people's first posts... non sense... nice try but the only moves I see us doing right now is trading Lamont and John Abe and then moving up to get Sean Taylor...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is my first post. As the Highlander, I am crude and slow and my post was no better than that of a clumsy child's. But if Vinny is cut, there is less likely a chance a team like Dallas could get him. He COULD (that is a very big could) go somewhere else. Now, I agree with the fact his contract is the worst but you can renegotiate that before the trade. With Garcia going to Tampa and Couch maybe being too expensive for Parcells, wh else is out there???

Dallas would be basically trading for Jordan, which I do believe he is a solid third round pick--MAYBE a second round pick.

Example--Look at Brunnell. He is crap but look what happened in DC?

Becht is horrible but was a first round draft pick and they are going to have to sign him next year. Chris Baker is a better TE.

Trade Becht.

How seroius is Abraham's injury from last year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Trade Vinny Testerverde and LaMont Jordon to Dallas for a second round pick.
    [/b][/quote]

Thats Funny :lol: Thats never going to happen..... Vinny&#39;s Contact the gift that keeps on gifting <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: Bradway must got because of what you wrote?????Man go back and read what you wrote.....hello&#33;&#33;&#33;

Bradway is having a decent offseason (finally) please put the bashing to rest.
    This is a make or break (get fired ) year for him and so far he is doing well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradway is having a decent off season, although i would have held on to conway untill I got somelone else, he didn&#39;t have any roster bonus coming
    and why cut someone till you have a replacement or you need the room tosign someone. Oustside of Moss and Macrennins, you got Chrebet who should call it a day, and nothing else. Conway shuld have been kept till training camp at least.
    And you wont get a 2nd rd pick for Jordan in the last year of his contract.
    he was a 2nd rd pick to begin with and has not shown anything that would make a team commit to him long term. You dont spend a 2nd to give a guy a one year audition to make himself more valuable in Free agency.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conway did have a bonus coming today or tomorrow if he wasn&#39;t cut. They saved in the short term about &#036;1.8 million on the cap with a &#036;830,000 cap hit this year at some point. Chrebet is coming back from all I have seen and J. Carter showed some signs of being a decent deep threat (at least in 1 game).

It has been a solid off-season for Bradway - the key will be what he does with the guys that are coming up for FA next year. Chad will be re-signed but the key issue is how they deal with Ellis - Abraham - Kareem - Lamont (who is a 3rd round draft pick if I&#39;ve ever seen one). The major issue for Bradway is that its his first solid off-season - though I do have to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the horrific SC situation he walked into.

Overall this year&#39;s draft will be key becuase next year the Jets are going to be cap-strung yet again I think with Vinny gone in June. Thats part of the reason I think the Jets need to trade down and gather draft picks.