Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Round 1 of 28 goes to the Yanks

  1. #1
    Yanks comeback from 4-0 defecit rocking two unknowns.

    Contreras was in early season form - bad - as he crafted a nice 18.00 ERA. That would be sweet in itself, but the cherry on top of the cake was Contreras being taken deep. Manny? No. Nomar? No. Millar, Varitek, Ortiz? No, No and again No. Pokey " I carry a big stick" Reese took the ageless Contreras deep.

    Plus, Jeter had an error. :lol:

    Things are shaping up nice in Boston.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Meaningless. Though Mariano Rivera was in top form. Looking forward to 4/16 at Fenway.

  3. #3
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Mar 7 2004, 07:48 PM
    Yanks comeback from 4-0 defecit rocking two unknowns.

    Contreras was in early season form - bad - as he crafted a nice 18.00 ERA. That would be sweet in itself, but the cherry on top of the cake was Contreras being taken deep. Manny? No. Nomar? No. Millar, Varitek, Ortiz? No, No and again No. Pokey " I carry a big stick" Reese took the ageless Contreras deep.

    Plus, Jeter had an error. :lol:

    Things are shaping up nice in Boston.
    Typical Boston Fan post. The team loses badly and instead they talk about what they think is wrong with the Yankees.

    Jose C gave up one unearned run. He looked pretty good in the postseason if you remember so I would worry more about your own staff then anything related to the Yankees.

    Another thing funny about this post is (again like a typical Boston fan post) that it is not true. I was not a math major. But if I gave up an earned run every other inning that I pitched I think that would make my ERA 4.50 instead of the 18.00 that was posted here. But hell why should the truth matter? Name calling and lies are so much easier for a Boston fan.

    The Yankees did most of the damage off a guy that was on the roster and had over 20 relief appearances last year. But it doesn't matter because Jeter had an error. Keep rooting for those Jeter errors. If he makes a ton more (and Nomar stays on the bench nursing injuries as usual) then maybe Nomar will someday pass Jeter and have a higher lifetime fielding percentage.

    Things are shaping up nice in Boston? Huh? I guess 2nd place is all you really want out of a season. Again.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,348
    Max


    You da' man.

    Things are shaping up nice in Boston.
    :lol:

  5. #5
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Mar 7 2004, 09:23 PM
    Max


    You da' man.

    Things are shaping up nice in Boston.
    :lol:
    How awesome is this season going to be?

    If the Yankees win it all it will be great to see Mattingly finally get a ring in pinstripes.

  6. #6
    That is why we have Spring Training. Have learn how to read a boxscore. Mea Culpa.

    It does not erase the fact that Reese took Contrearas deep and Jeter had the first of many errors.

    Max I follow the Sox pretty close and I do not know who the hell Shiel is. Obviously, he was not on the post season roster and looks to be the guy you throw innings when getting crushed or winning by a lot.

  7. #7
    Maxman, you're A-OK. You knocked the wind right out of his sales.

    Tony Clark hits 2 hrs. He might not even make the team.

  8. #8
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Mar 8 2004, 03:14 PM
    That is why we have Spring Training. Have learn how to read a boxscore. Mea Culpa.

    It does not erase the fact that Reese took Contrearas deep and Jeter had the first of many errors.

    Max I follow the Sox pretty close and I do not know who the hell Shiel is. Obviously, he was not on the post season roster and looks to be the guy you throw innings when getting crushed or winning by a lot.
    You don't know Shiel. He is a 27 year old who was highly touted coming up before arm problems delayed his first trip to the majors. He is still not 100% yet but they think he can be a 3 - 4 starter next season if he gets some innings this year and has no setbacks.

    Okay seriously...I have no idea about the guy either. He really did have 20 something appearances last year. But MLB being what is is these days that last spot in the pen is certainly a revolving door.

    As fas as Jeter goes I will say this...he looked bad in a Yankee win. Much better then the alternative!

  9. #9
    Max I believe you. I looked up myself and was wondering who the F he is.

  10. #10
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Mar 9 2004, 08:51 AM
    Max I believe you. I looked up myself and was wondering who the F he is.
    Actually, during May of last year, he was one of the guys who the BoSox thought might be their closer when they were in the "committee" mode. He didn't pan out, and based upon his appearance against the Yanks, he still looks like he's not ready.

  11. #11
    I would hate to see what the Yanks do against him when he is in mid-season form.

  12. #12
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Mar 9 2004, 02:19 PM
    I would hate to see what the Yanks do against him when he is in mid-season form.
    Similar line on ESPN this morning about Mike Hampton. They said Hampton is in mid season form. They then went on to say that he walked 4 and gave up a few hits in 2 innings.

  13. #13
    Originally posted by Maxman+Mar 9 2004, 08:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Mar 9 2004, 08:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PFSIKH@Mar 9 2004, 02:19 PM
    I would hate to see what the Yanks do against him when he is in mid-season form.
    Similar line on ESPN this morning about Mike Hampton. They said Hampton is in mid season form. They then went on to say that he walked 4 and gave up a few hits in 2 innings. [/b][/quote]
    If you look around the league at the 1st weeks results, there were an awful lot of games where 1 team scored at least 10 runs. Either the hitters are way ahead of the pitchers thus far, or the ball is juiced beyond belief.

  14. #14
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by mbn007+Mar 10 2004, 09:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Mar 10 2004, 09:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Maxman@Mar 9 2004, 08:52 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--PFSIKH
    @Mar 9 2004, 02:19 PM
    I would hate to see what the Yanks do against him when he is in mid-season form.

    Similar line on ESPN this morning about Mike Hampton. They said Hampton is in mid season form. They then went on to say that he walked 4 and gave up a few hits in 2 innings.
    If you look around the league at the 1st weeks results, there were an awful lot of games where 1 team scored at least 10 runs. Either the hitters are way ahead of the pitchers thus far, or the ball is juiced beyond belief. [/b][/quote]
    Check the balls for steroids has a whole new meaning now&#33;

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us