Thread: Chris Gamble will be just that....

I think CG is the way to go
    1-because there isn't the preasure to start,
    2-alot of upside & he will have the time to get it together
    3-he will create a good competition to start

The gamble is......not how good he is now, but how good can he be.

Hall may be better now, but who will be better next year.

it's a gamble........should we take it! [b]( of course if no one real special slides to #12)[/b]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

if we stay @ 12 i would grab him

the way 12 is shaping up it loks like Roy Williams or Vince WIlfork are the top two candidates... Gamble might even fall out of the first round that's how much of a "gamble" this kid is...

Rookie
    At this point I would love to trade down from #12 and try to grab one of the LB later in the first round and maybe get back a 2nd or at worst another 3rd.

Hall Of Fame
    I really dont like Gamble. He got picked apart against Michigan, and for the 12th pick, you better dominate those games. I am worried his combine numbers are going to deceive people because Ohio St.'s track is known as one of the faster tracks. Gamble is going to be a bust, so I hope they go for Robinson, Hall or Poole. Obviously, 12 is high for those guys, but we shall see if the Jets trade down.

Undrafted Free Agent
    For a guy that has the talent to play WR, CB, and KR I would definately take him with the #12.

For those that doubt Gamble you have to remember that he has only played one full season at CB and is already on the same playing field as Poole, Hall, etc. ( guys playing CB their whole carreer ).

I'd definately take a " Gamble " at #12 and if Will Allen ( safety Ohio State ) is there in the 3rd I think that would be a steal.

Rookie
    Here's one other thing in his favor- other recent CB's from THE Ohio State Univeristy include...

Nate Clements, Shawn Springs, Ahmend Plummer, Derek Ross, Antoine Winfield

pretty good pedigree

it takes a lot of balls to gamble with the #12 pick. 3rd rounders and lower i'm a little more comfortable taking a flier on.

Ive watched Gamble play and he has good stuff but i think its guna take awhile for him to start producing and the jets are looking for a winning season now plus the Cb we picked up is verry underated i looked him up even know we payed him to much

All Pro
    that dude has potential dont believe me! ask LIjet! :o

Id much rather go Deangelo Hall than Gamble,but I still feel neither is worth the 12th pick,if we went them we gotta trade down

Poole is the right guy for the Jets. He is physical, which is what you need to be when your playing man, look at Ty Law. He would be nice to pick but not at 12. If we stay at 12, and Wilfork is there, grab him.

I like how people talk about Hall's speed and his explosiveness and especially his recovery speed (one of the most important assets of a corner).

But he ran a 4.4 in the combine?

I thought he was a sure 4.3 even a 4.2 on good days.

For this reason, im hesitating on Hall.

Gamble has lots of potential, yet he doesnt know corner. He's definately a project.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 01:23 PM
    [b] the way 12 is shaping up it loks like Roy Williams or Vince WIlfork are the top two candidates... Gamble might even fall out of the first round that's how much of a "gamble" this kid is... [/b][/quote]
    Bit,

Roy Williams ran something like 16 40's in a row at about 4.2

He is a freak....might just be the 1st WR taken :o

Heard it here!! ;)

Practice Squad
    I don't like Gamble, he is a project. I like Winslow or trading down.

If winslow is there at 12, i guarentee we take him. But i doubt he will.

On Gamble.... he'll be a nice pick for a team in the mid to late 1st that has a very good old CB to groom him for a few years (Champ Bailey/Darrell Green type situation). He won't produce right away by any means, but that doesn't make him a bad pick.

On Roy Williams..... If the guy doesn't produce like a top 12 pick in college, what makes everyone think he'll produce like a top 12 pick at the NFL level?

I'm a bit biased here, because I'm influenced by the Pats preferences for WRs (route running, change of direction, work ethic, college prodcution being the four pillars.).... but I'd wager that either Rashaun Woods or Lee Evans outperforms him as a pro. Maybe both.

On Rashaun Woods..... How is this guys stock so low? I mean jesus, every game I watched him play it was The Rashaun Woods Show. The kid can *play*.

On the Jets draft needs.... The Jets shouldn't be afraid to take a player who "won't help a lot in '04"..... at the same time with that coaching staff, you don't necessarily want a guy who needs to be coached up.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+Mar 8 2004, 08:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ Mar 8 2004, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 01:23 PM
    [b] the way 12 is shaping up it loks like Roy Williams or Vince WIlfork are the top two candidates... Gamble might even fall out of the first round that&#39;s how much of a "gamble" this kid is... [/b][/quote]
    Bit,

Roy Williams ran something like 16 40&#39;s in a row at about 4.2

Heard it here&#33;&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
    with all due respect JonEJet I heard exactly that from Mike Francessa on the Fan "first&#33;" :unsure:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I&#39;ll be honest.....I&#39;m pretty pleased with the direction the Jets are going in...if we take Gamble I am willing to take the "Gamble"

[quote][i]Originally posted by darsel+Mar 9 2004, 12:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (darsel @ Mar 9 2004, 12:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -JonEJet@Mar 8 2004, 08:02 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 01:23 PM
    [b] the way 12 is shaping up it loks like Roy Williams or Vince WIlfork are the top two candidates... Gamble might even fall out of the first round that&#39;s how much of a "gamble" this kid is... [/b][/quote]
    Bit,

Roy Williams ran something like 16 40&#39;s in a row at about 4.2

Heard it here&#33;&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
    with all due respect JonEJet I heard exactly that from Mike Francessa on the Fan "first&#33;" :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    I heard that too as I was driving..... All I could think was, any team taking Williams in the top 6 is gonna be disappointed. He&#39;s an amazing speciman, but to date he&#39;s not an amazing football player.