Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GET SAPP

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    AAWhy dont we get sapp to go along side robertson sign him for a short term deal.

Then our D-line would be brilliant.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    NO!!!!!

thank you B)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JJMAX[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 01:22 PM
    [b] AAWhy dont we get sapp to go along side robertson sign him for a short term deal.

Then our D-line would be brilliant. [/b][/quote]

I thought DRob [u][b]was[/b][/u] the next Sapp? :blink: :blink:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Mar 8 2004, 01:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Mar 8 2004, 01:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JJMAX[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 01:22 PM
    [b] AAWhy dont we get sapp to go along side robertson sign him for a short term deal.

Then our D-line would be brilliant. [/b][/quote]

I thought DRob [u][b]was[/b][/u] the next Sapp? :blink: :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Who say&#39;s he isnt?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sapp is at the very end of his career. He may have 1 or 2 good years left. But he isn&#39;t gonna be looking for a deal that is equal to a 1 or 2 year DT, he will be looking for superstar &#036;&#036;&#036;. Not worth it at all. DRob is gonna be alot better this year and to be quite honest, Ferguson/Evans are just as good as Sapp at this point of his career IMO.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I thought DRob was the next Sapp?[/b][/quote]

Very funny, its sad everyone keeps riding him so much. The guy has played one season, lets give him at least one more to truly evaluate him.

As far as the Sapp thing, No way. There is already way to much depth at that posistion. Sapp will not come cheap, I think he will get less money then what he thinks he deserves but that will still be more then its worth to spend. Hopefully Evans keeps his stupid A&#036;&#036; out of trouble and him combined with D-Rob should be a good combo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I for one think the D-line is fine, both staters and depth. I do not think we should address this at all in F.A. or the draft unless something happens w/ Evans. By the way, Glock is gone, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JJMAX[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 02:22 PM

[/b][/quote]
    Short term deal? :huh:

Does that include all the paternity suits he can rack up in that short term? :lol:

Great idea in theory, but we don&#39;t need any more bad press - right Joe Willy? Four decades of Jets football down the crapper in 10 seconds of nationally broadcasted airtime&#33; :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sapp is not needed and this weekend both WFAN and ESPN Radio both said that we need to give D Rob this season to start grading him -

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get Sapp? With what &#036;&#036;???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sapp is overrated, overweight, and overpaid. Let him stay in Florida, the strip clubs there are better anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JOHN B[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 03:01 PM
    [b] Let him stay in Florida, the strip clubs there are better anyway. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know about that John B. ;)

I think Sapp coming to New York is like giving a 6 year old keys to his very own candy store&#33; :lol: :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    no we dont need Sapp. Evans, Ferguson, Robertson, Reed. We&#39;re fine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt say were are exactly "fine," another star wouldnt hurt. But Sapp isnt the answer. I highly doubt he will take a paycut and short term deal to play with the powerhouse Jets. Sapp got his ring, now he just wants a ton of money...something this team cannot afford and should not offer.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Let him go to Washington. Dan Snyder loves those overpriced, end-of-their career types.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think we need to sing Sapp when we already have Baby Sapp lol. We need to draft the Big Wilfork with the 12th overall. Then our line would be brillant.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i say the jets trade for owens and moss, sign the three best available WRs in free agency and package them to the rams for orlando pace. then, send the 7th roud pick to miami for junior seau and the first rounder for priest holmes. and then ask the nfl to raise the salary cap to &#036;100 million. sound good?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terrible idea to go get sapp. Completely idiotic. Also, once again, this board fails to realize that this is a real life version of madden where you can just get whoever you want on your team. Sapp wouldnt come here in a million years

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea lets spend more money on our D-line,how bout we spend the money on the OL,we already have 3 above average DT in Evans,Robertson,and Fergie.......... Harper and Reed can do fine in the 4th position

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all of the holes the Jets have on the team and the need to get younger and faster on defense to me Sapp is just not an option at all...too much money and does not address a need...... not even an interest in Owens..waste of time and money