Thread: We (my Flyboys) just got Malakov

Well....we need D-men badly since ours are going down quick!!

Trading continues, Sather sends Malakhov to the Flyers

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has acquired right wing Rick Kozak and a second round draft choice in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for defenseman Vladimir Malakhov.

Kozak, 18, has skated in 51 matches with the Kamloops Blazers and Brandon Wheat Kings of the Western Hockey League (WHL) this season, registering 13 goals and seven assists for 20 points, along with 153 penalty minutes. He currently ranks second on the Blazers with 153 penalty minutes and is sixth with 13 goals.

A native of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Kozak has appeared in 93 career matches with Kamloops, Brandon and the Prince George Cougars (WHL), registering 22 goals and 13 assists for 35 points, along with 251 penalty minutes. He also skated in 16 post-season matches with Brandon (WHL) last season, registering six goals and five assists for 11 points, along with 51 penalty minutes.

The 6-2, 210-pound winger was originally Philadelphia’s third round choice, 95th overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

Malakhov, 35, has appeared in 56 matches with New York this season, registering three goals and 15 assists for 18 points, along with 53 penalty minutes.

My Islanders could use a defenseman, too.

I went to Isles/Blues Sat nite....Islanders were pathetic....certaintly didnt look like a playoff team. Godard got hammered by Lowe(I'm pretty sure it was Lowe).........absolutely hammered....Godard doest get beat up very often.

Isles are lookin wwweeeeak.

Jesus, triple-G, you're missing the best part....

NO MORE CHRIS F'IN "BUNDY" THERIEN!!!!!!!!&#3 3;

We traded him to Dallas for an 8th round pick, a bag of pucks, and 4 day-glo pylons.

I never thought I'd see the day. Figured that dude would be haunting us on the last D pairing in 2007.

Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Mar 8 2004, 03:20 PM
    Jesus, triple-G, you're missing the best part....

NO MORE CHRIS F'IN "BUNDY" THERIEN!!!!!!!!&#3 3;

We traded him to Dallas for an 8th round pick, a bag of pucks, and 4 day-glo pylons.

I never thought I'd see the day. Figured that dude would be haunting us on the last D pairing in 2007.
    Long overdue IMO. Doesn't matter how bad Malakhov turns out to be, it will be a huge improvement over that stiff.

All League
    Malakhov was one of the many mistakes Sather has made in bringing in old high salary players. To pick up a second round draft choice is well worth it. He was a major disappointment in boosting the power play which was the major reason we got him for

Brenjetsfan
    yeah yah ...ggg....its takes a ranger player to help out those sorry a$$ flyers....lol..just like the patsies have to take all our JETS to win a SB :lol:

Originally posted by Brenjetsfan@Mar 9 2004, 10:02 AM
    yeah yah ...ggg....its takes a ranger player to help out those sorry a$$ flyers....lol..just like the patsies have to take all our JETS to win a SB :lol:
    Hey.....watch it, Sista!!! At least we're goin' to the playoffs!!

Can someone please tell me what the F'ers want with Malakhov???

All League
    Malakhov is yet another European player for the Flyer roster, which seems to be all they are interested in over the last few years.

Any more face shields on this team and they might as well play in the NCAA