Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeff Garcia to the Bucs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by altoon+Mar 8 2004, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (altoon @ Mar 8 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JStokes[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 05:45 PM
    [b] Chris Simms?

Even if he only has to look at 1/2 the field, he&#39;ll STILL through a ton of picks.

Will never read NFL defenses. [/b][/quote]
    Mark my words when all is said and done chris simms will be the most productive QB to come out of last years class. Leftwhich is going to be a bust and so is carson palmer. Bengals will go back to the cellar with palmer starting now..If I were kitna I would ask to be released and try and go somewher like pittsburgh or even san diego [/b][/quote]
    Chris Simms wasn&#39;t even the best QB on his Texas.

Applewhite got screwed.

Can you say, Career backup?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garcia is better than B.Johnson so I suppose it&#39;s a good pick up.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: I live a little over an hour from Tampa and I have not heard anything of the sort......if it was true it would be all over the news here....football is a friggin religion here. This is the only area where Bucs fans fly their car flags 365 days a year..........and this was Before they won the superbowl&#33;&#33; They invested alot in Brad Johnson...can&#39;t see it happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet theres more gay-bashing going on in Cleveland than there is in Tampa Bay. Yet, Garcia&#39;s going there. Maybe those rumors arent true.
    By the way, I&#39;d like to add for the record, that I am totally in favor of hot lesbian chicks making out in public. I dont want you guys to think that I am a total homophobe&#33; :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by altoon+Mar 8 2004, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (altoon @ Mar 8 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JStokes[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 05:45 PM
    [b] Chris Simms?

Even if he only has to look at 1/2 the field, he&#39;ll STILL through a ton of picks.

Will never read NFL defenses. [/b][/quote]
    Mark my words when all is said and done chris simms will be the most productive QB to come out of last years class. Leftwhich is going to be a bust and so is carson palmer. Bengals will go back to the cellar with palmer starting now..If I were kitna I would ask to be released and try and go somewher like pittsburgh or even san diego [/b][/quote]
    Did you EVER see Leftwich play in college? EVER? He&#39;s going to be a GREAT one. I loved this kid in Marshall he&#39;s probably going to be better then Chad.

Best memory of Leftwich. I can&#39;t remember who this was against so if anyone else saw this please inform me.

Leftwich went down and seriously injured his leg to the point where he could hardly walk on it. Instead of going out of the game he stayed in and his lineman helped carry him to the next snap. He did all this while leading a comeback. Throw after throw on target. It was an incredible sight.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leftwich will be very good. Maybe not a great one, but a solid Q/B in the NFL. He has all the tools, and did OK considering the situation he was thrown in lastseason. How anyone can say Palmer will be a bust when he didn&#39;t play in the NFL yet is mind-boggling. Give him a chance. He played well in College, and has done nothing to show he is a bust in the making, at least not yet.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garcia&#39;s goin to Cleveland

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 04:52 PM
    [b] Jon Gruden is nuts and The Bucs are crazy.

They already have Brad Johnson and they drafted Chris Simms. QB is not their problem.

I love Gruden as a coach but he loves having like 5 QB&#39;s and 6 TE&#39;s on his rosters. [/b][/quote]
    Wouldn&#39;t you think that this tells you that Gruden was never really satisfied with the play of Brad Johnson?

I never thought Johnson was such a good QB either.