Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JETS DRAFTING TAYLOR?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read here earlier today that Jets talking to Raiders about McKenzie. Speculation that Rayduhs looking to move down in Draft pick up picks.

Could Kareem be compensation to move up in Draft Order? If so, who do we grab?

First Gut says Taylor but do we take Gallery.

Either way, if it happens impact player added to squad!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do not want to lose an impact player just to gain an impact player. Mckenzie is not replaceable right now and that line has enough problems.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Joshua[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:10 PM
    [b] You do not want to lose an impact player just to gain an impact player. Mckenzie is not replaceable right now and that line has enough problems. [/b][/quote]
    Gallery for McKenzie and # 12 is a no brainer. That would solve a lot of problems with our line. If we used McKenzie and # 12 to get someone else, we had better get players or picks somewhere else. Round three and four draft picks are not going to fix our problems at tackle and guard.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but if you've watched Fabini lately you know he's better suited to RT. Draft Gallery and move Fabini to RT.

Dominating LINE!!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If the raiders are looking to pick up picks their not trading with us as we`re already without a second & "NOBODY " is going to give us a 2 in this years draft for L.J. and it`s going to take more then McKenzie and our #12 and our 3rd rounder to move up to the #2 pick in the draft ,I THINK!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    O-line you can get in the later rounds, look at Fabini 7th round, so was Ryan Young

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would have to be a Draft day deal,and only if Chargers pass on Gallery.If McKenzie and the 12th gets me Gallery and a 3rd or 4th rounder,i do it in a heartbeat.McKenzie is a pretty good RT,but great LT don`t grow on trees,and gallery has that potential.Think about it,is our offensive line stronger with Fabini at RT and Gallery at LT,or as presently constituted with Fabini at LT and McKenzie looking to hold us up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not give up a very servicable Tackle and the 12th pick overall for a rookie. I dont care how amazing he was in college, its still not worth it. Now if they take Mckenzie and we get their pick and keep ours at 12 then Im all for it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:14 PM
    [b] If the raiders are looking to pick up picks their not trading with us as we`re already without a second & "NOBODY " is going to give us a 2 in this years draft for L.J. and it`s going to take more then McKenzie and our #12 and our 3rd rounder to move up to the #2 pick in the draft ,I THINK! [/b][/quote]
    Fabini was a fourth rounder. Young is out of the NFL.

Here is a trade that might work if gallery isn our target:

Lamont Jordan, Kareem McKenzie, and # 12 for # 2

That should be close.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    football is a sport where continuity plays a vital role. the past couple years, we've been trying to fill too many holes with new faces and look where that landed us. lets keep the o-line the way it is. in no way is the o-line one of our major concerns.

a concern however, is the safety position. taylor is going to be gone by the time #12 is up. who is this FA S from the bengals, Rogers Beckett, on the insider scoop? anyone have details on him?

Dave

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 2nd pick sounds nice but KW is too much to give up with the lack of depth on the O-line, I love Sean Taylor but a Good O-Line and a Good D-Line is what makes good teams

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    why would you give up Jordan, and McKensie (a very solid NFL tackle) to move up to draft a rookie tackle? Granted, Galley's upside is incredible, but keeping McKensie should be a no brainer- and we have other holes to fill..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by James Hasty+Mar 8 2004, 06:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (James Hasty @ Mar 8 2004, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Joshua[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:10 PM
    [b] You do not want to lose an impact player just to gain an impact player. Mckenzie is not replaceable right now and that line has enough problems. [/b][/quote]
    Gallery for McKenzie and # 12 is a no brainer. That would solve a lot of problems with our line. If we used McKenzie and # 12 to get someone else, we had better get players or picks somewhere else. Round three and four draft picks are not going to fix our problems at tackle and guard. [/b][/quote]
    If that happened, then 2 seconds later they can call up Fabini and say &#39;buddy, you&#39;re our right tackle, and the kid is playing left tackle.

Gallery is a Hoss.

Of course, with that trade, Oakland is getting hosed. By the draft value board, we should be giving up a #9 overall AND a #12 overall to move up to #2.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shuler82[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:23 PM
    [b] why would you give up Jordan, and McKensie (a very solid NFL tackle) to move up to draft a rookie tackle? Granted, Galley&#39;s upside is incredible, but keeping McKensie should be a no brainer- and we have other holes to fill.. [/b][/quote]
    That is exactly what I would offer the Raiders to get things going. Would they take it though?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LaMont Jordan for their #1. That is all I would offer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade the 12th and McKenzie for the 2nd.

Trade the second for the giants 1st and second.

draft Gallery and whatever good corner drops to round 2.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Granted the Jets need a tackle, but how can you pass on Taylor or Fitz......gotta take one of them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:07 PM
    [b] Read here earlier today that Jets talking to Raiders about McKenzie. Speculation that Rayduhs looking to move down in Draft pick up picks.

Either way, if it happens impact player added to squad&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Where did you read this?

wickedtwisted
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:07 PM
    [b] Read here earlier today that Jets talking to Raiders about McKenzie. Speculation that Rayduhs looking to move down in Draft pick up picks.

Either way, if it happens impact player added to squad&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Hmm is that why Herm commented how good this guy is? No way we get a OT. Taylor would be all us..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw Herm on Total access on the NFL network talking up Taylor big time. Claims he was very impressed with this guy. Sounds like hes hinting but thats what scares me. They never take the guy their hinting about.