Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JETS DRAFTING TAYLOR?

Rookie
    I hope they get Taylor. ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Minkaveli[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:43 PM
    [b] LaMont Jordan for their #1. That is all I would offer. [/b][/quote]
    LMAO L Jordan is worth a 3rd rounder, at best a high 2. Why would you bother to offer at all if this is what you would plan to offer?

Banned
    The JETS won't get Taylor, plus this trade won't happen, and I've never heard this before.

They should concentrate on getting a player within their reach like a Shutdown Corner like DeAngelo Hall.

I know he's raw, but since the JETS have 2 starters, Henderson can develop this player. Hall is the most talented player in the draft and has Deion Sanders talent and speed, no exaggeration. But has better size at 5'11, 200lbs and can TACKLE!

[quote][b]They should concentrate on getting a player within their reach like a Shutdown Corner like DeAngelo Hall.

I know he's raw, but since the JETS have 2 starters, Henderson can develop this player. Hall is the most talented player in the draft and has Deion Sanders talent and speed, no exaggeration. But has better size at 5'11, 200lbs and can TACKLE! [/b][/quote]

If they dont move up in the draft, i'd like them to take Hall as well. I think he'll be the best corner of the bunch.

All League
    [COLOR=green][SIZE=7][FONT=Arial]
    Ok Guys, from a really good family source who works with the Jets in some unnamed capacity, I hear we are shopping L. Jordan and J. Abraham and our #12 for a top 5 pick and a 2nd rounder. The same source is also saying that if we got a top 5 pick we would go after Sean Taylor or Winslow, if either is gone we would then trade down with the top 5 pick and get a top flight receiver or cb. Apparently the Jets arent convienced that Chrebet would be around for more than this year, imagine for a second the Jets line up with anyone of the top 4 projected WR's across from McCareins and Moss. The defense has been addressed in FA, I really dont think there is a LB in the draft we should go after, and although I would have loved Winfield as a addition, fukk him if he didnt want to be here, bradway did good in picking up Barrett, although we overpaid for him.
    We need a impact player in our secondary, Taylor is the man....I also hear we are close to signing Rogers Beckett, so McGraw would probably come off the bench if we are able to go after Taylor.

If we stay @ 12, I would imagine we would go after one of the CB's, Daunta Robinson or Chris Gamble...I hope we dont stay here @ 12, its like no mans land in the draft...

to those talking trading McKenzie & #12 for #3 are crazy.....

the raiders want mckenze, let them sign him to an offer sheet. otherwise piss off and leave our O-line and draft picks alone

[quote][i]Originally posted by ASH_1962[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 08:29 PM
    [b] to those talking trading McKenzie & #12 for #3 are crazy.....

the raiders want mckenze, let them sign him to an offer sheet. otherwise piss off and leave our O-line and draft picks alone [/b][/quote]
    McKenzie worth the # 2 pick?

Riiiiiiiight

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Minkaveli[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 10:43 PM
    [b] LaMont Jordan for their #1. That is all I would offer. [/b][/quote]
    IS THAT YOU TERRY?

Rookie
    Is it plausable the raiders trade down to a late 1st rd pick, picking up an additional 2nd and possibly 3rd, then go for McKenzie offering up a later 1st round? Is he worth that? Thenthe Jets use their 2 first rounders to move up and get Taylor plus maybe a 3rd round?

i would get rid of Ellis and our 12 pick for taylor or winslow jr they will both dominate on there side of the ball Winslow has Shockey potential if not being better... Taylor Has the Potential to be one of the greates Safteys in History of the game Just dont Stay at #12... Also i dont think u people have alot of trust in the Cb we picked up i think hes an underated Cb i read up on him... except for these to guys any othe pick would be a waist u can find talent in the 2nd or 3rnd at O-Line D-Line Wr or Cb's even Lb's

What do you think the chances are of trading lamont and the #12 to simply move up a few spots (lions, browns at 6,7) and snag either Winslow or Taylor, whichever's available?

"is it plausable the raiders trade down to a late 1st rd pick, picking up an additional 2nd and possibly 3rd, then go for McKenzie offering up a later 1st round? Is he worth that? Thenthe Jets use their 2 first rounders to move up and get Taylor plus maybe a 3rd round?"

IT IS AGAINST THE RULES.

If the Raiders tender McKenzie an offer which the Jets don't match, the Raiders must give their current 1st round pick (THE #2 PICK).

If the Raiders trade the #2 pick they can't tender McKenzie an offer.

[quote][i]Originally posted by HBJet[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 10:55 PM
    [b] "is it plausable the raiders trade down to a late 1st rd pick, picking up an additional 2nd and possibly 3rd, then go for McKenzie offering up a later 1st round? Is he worth that? Thenthe Jets use their 2 first rounders to move up and get Taylor plus maybe a 3rd round?"

IT IS AGAINST THE RULES.

If the Raiders tender McKenzie an offer which the Jets don't match, the Raiders must give their current 1st round pick (THE #2 PICK).

If the Raiders trade the #2 pick they can't tender McKenzie an offer. [/b][/quote]
    The Raiders could obtain a low first rounder and trade it to us for him though.

[quote][i]Originally posted by James Hasty+Mar 8 2004, 08:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (James Hasty @ Mar 8 2004, 08:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ASH_1962[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 08:29 PM

the raiders want mckenze, let them sign him to an offer sheet. otherwise piss off and leave our O-line and draft picks alone [/b][/quote]

Riiiiiiiight [/b][/quote]
    agreed, totally ridiculous.

That is why I said what I said, it is even more ridiculous to give up a vet in McK to draft another rookie OL&#39;man

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by James Hasty+Mar 8 2004, 06:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (James Hasty @ Mar 8 2004, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Joshua[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:10 PM
    [b] You do not want to lose an impact player just to gain an impact player. Mckenzie is not replaceable right now and that line has enough problems. [/b][/quote]
    Gallery for McKenzie and # 12 is a no brainer. That would solve a lot of problems with our line. If we used McKenzie and # 12 to get someone else, we had better get players or picks somewhere else. Round three and four draft picks are not going to fix our problems at tackle and guard. [/b][/quote]
    Seriously....I&#39;d trade McKenzie for Gallery in a heartbeat.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ASH_1962+Mar 8 2004, 10:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ASH_1962 @ Mar 8 2004, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -James Hasty@Mar 8 2004, 08:33 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--ASH_1962[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 08:29 PM

Riiiiiiiight [/b][/quote]
    agreed, totally ridiculous.

That is why I said what I said, it is even more ridiculous to give up a vet in McK to draft another rookie OL&#39;man [/b][/quote]
    Draft picks replace veterans all the time. Its just part of the game, especially in the salary cap era. If we followed your arguement, Ryan Young might still be our right tackle.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I want to keep McKenzie but if we can get Taylor we have to take him.....we can get an O-line man.

top 6 picks get superstar money right away, so on one level, trading up to the top 6 isn&#39;t a great move for the Jets imo.

On the other hand, Gallery is going to be a stud and a half. He is going to be a god.

On a completely impractical note, I&#39;d love to see the Vikes go get him, then play him at LG. Imagine him and McKinnie standing together, looking down at the DL as if they&#39;re midgets. Line up Kleinsasser on the left side and you&#39;d be talking the nastiest blocking trio this side of the 70s Patriots.

[quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Mar 9 2004, 12:19 AM
    [b] top 6 picks get superstar money right away, so on one level, trading up to the top 6 isn&#39;t a great move for the Jets imo.

On the other hand, Gallery is going to be a stud and a half. He is going to be a god.

On a completely impractical note, I&#39;d love to see the Vikes go get him, then play him at LG. Imagine him and McKinnie standing together, looking down at the DL as if they&#39;re midgets. Line up Kleinsasser on the left side and you&#39;d be talking the nastiest blocking trio this side of the 70s Patriots. [/b][/quote]
    I would have loved to see the Vikings get Owens for the same reason. Imagine him and Moss running patterns together.