Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinny to Dallas

All Pro
    What do you guys think about a possible move that would send Vinny to Dallas? It's not a rumor I'm just suggesting. But perhaps we send Vinny to Dallas for like a 4th rounder or something just to rid ourselves of his contract. Look at the parties involved though: Parcells (worked with Vinny and probably finds him dependable) Keyshawn (loves Vinny) and Richie Anderson would also be there. Also this would provide Dallas with a stopgap until they find a suitable quarterback. Vinny showed this past year that he's still capable of playing good football and would certainly be an improvement of Quincy Carter. What do you guys think?

Maybe a 7th rounder in 12 years :)
    He's way to old for a 4th :)

Why would Parcells be remotely interested in Vinny?

Vinny will retire as a Jet and hopefully if the organization has a brain they will keep him as an Offensive coach of some kind.

Never happen for cap reasons. :(

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    There is no freaking way any NFL team will absorb Testaverde's contract.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Joshua[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 07:04 PM
    [b] Why would Parcells be remotely interested in Vinny?

Vinny will retire as a Jet and hopefully if the organization has a brain they will keep him as an Offensive coach of some kind. [/b][/quote]
    amen brother

[quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 07:04 PM
    [b] There is no freaking way any NFL team will absorb Testaverde's contract. [/b][/quote]
    Would anyone take Vinny's salary & incentives ($1 mil with under 40% of snaps or $ 4 mil if over 40%)?

If we eat the bonus the rest of his contract may be doable for someone. If we got a fourth rounder and ate his bonus I would think we got lucky.

wickedtwisted
    Everyone thinks it because of Vinny did under Parcells... It was 6 years ago so I dont see it happening..

vinny is done, we won't be able to get anything for him.....nobody takes on that huge contract

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: u are kidding right????? What team would do that for a 40 year old QB???? :blink: Vinny had a nice career and will do the Vinny thing and bow out gracefully....he will retire.

End of story.

Thanks for the memories Vinny.

Hall Of Fame
    I believe they have an agreement. Vinny won't retire before June 1st, then they can split the cap hit over two years, if the Jets release him after the 1st, he will be a FA.

Tim Couch will be the Cowboys starting QB this year, just watch...

Vinny???

Can't see any team eating his contract. Forget about him moving on, unless we take the hit.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

How do these threads keep popping up? Vinnie is fini!

He will retire, and live happily ever after on Long Island.

[quote][i]Originally posted by FlaGreen[/i]@Mar 9 2004, 02:22 AM
    [b] I believe they have an agreement. Vinny won't retire before June 1st, then they can split the cap hit over two years, if the Jets release him after the 1st, he will be a FA. [/b][/quote]
    ....and then he can sign with Dallas at the vets minimum, no?

IMO...vinny would fit in as a back up at New England....Weis' offense suits him and his gun the best. If there is a chance to start in Dallas...he'll be there...he start and groom somebody at the same time...a little far fetched, but certaintly not out of the realm of possibilities.

There is no way Vinny goes to Dallas unless it is after June 1st.
    If the Jets cut/trade Vinny before June 1st, the cap hit will accelerate onto the 2004 cap.
    The whole point of cutting him after June 1st is to spread that hit over 2 years.

Plus, why would Dallas give up picks to sign a 41 year old QB that is going to be cut after June 1st anyway?

Doesnt make any sense.

With Garcia going to the Browns and Couch likely being cut, if I was Tuna, I would be putting in a call to Couch's agent ASAP. Tim Couch is a Vinny's "Tampa Bay years" clone---fragile ego, big arm, small brains---Tuna can work wonders with this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: for the final time....Vinny is retiring........sheesh.

Coach will probably go to Dallas.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: Tim Couch that is.

All Pro
    Vinny ends up in Dallas June 2nd as the #2 QB
    Carter stinks it up (neil O'Donnel?)
    Vinny gets the nod in game 3 or 4
    keyshawn celebrates
    Vinny and the 'Boys win the SB
    Vinny calls it quits
    the end

:ph34r:

:P

Veteran
    I can imagine the phone call:

''Hi, Mr Jones, it's me Terry Bradway....I'm doing fine...Yes, I had a nice vacation...BTW, would you and the Tuna be interested in trading for Vinny T?...Yes, the old guy...I know he already annouced his retirement but I figured you would like to give us a pick for him anyway...I know you guys can sign up for nothing after June 1st but I figured you were nice and would like to give us a pick...No, I'm not taking any medication...Hello...Hello...Man, bad phone line...I got to call him back, I'm sure I can convince him!''