Ht: 6-4 Wt: 206
    Position: WR
    Projected as: WR
    Date of Birth: 4/15/1982
    Class: Senior
    High School: Monrovia Jr-Sr HS
    (Monrovia, IN)
    College: Purdue

I saw alot of this kid on tv,holds a bunch of purdue and big 10 records, very tall and has great hands......not projected very high in the draft,but plays with alot of heart. Reminds me of a fellow whiteboy with alot of heart,Wayne Chrebet,except this kid has the height.....Any thoughts??

wickedtwisted
    I like it... take him in the 5th

hes Purdue's #2 WR, but he ripped apart Chris Gamble when Purdue played THE Ohio State University

from what i heard, he ran a 4.6, and teams are trying to get him to bulk up to move to TE, but he wants to stay at WR

anyway, I like the pick, he could be our future #3

He is a good sleeper, maybe a fourth rounder. Another sleeper who might fall to round five is:

Maurice Brown/Iowa
    (6-2, 212, estimated 4.53 40 time)

2002 Season Stats: 13 games, 48 catches, 966 receiving yards, 11 receiving touchdowns /// 2 carries, -8 rushing yards, 0 rushing touchdowns

Positives: Possesses good wide receiver size. Can be a physical player. Is a sneaky-fast runner who has shown the ability to make plays down the field.

Negatives: Lacks top-end speed for a wide receiver. Needs to work on his route running and overall concentration. May present a character risk.

Overall analysis: Basically an unknown entering the 2002 college season, Maurice Brown had a great junior year with the re-emerging Iowa Hawkeye program. Brown originally redshirted in 1999, and saw some playing time in 2000. He played in 5 games as a sophomore, but was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team (drunk driving arrest). In addition, Brown had pled guilty to an assault charge a few months earlier. But Brown got a chance to redeem himself in 2002, and he took full advantage of the opportunity. Brown is a big, physical wide receiver that has the ability to manhandle opposing defensive backs. He lacks great timed speed, but he made more than his share of big plays as a junior. However, there are still many aspects of Brown’s game that needs work. He needs to improve his concentration when making plays on the ball, and his overall route running needs refinement. If Brown can polish the rough edges of his game, he has the potential to become a very good NFL wide receiver. Right now Brown figures to be selected on the second day of the draft, but he could go much higher with a solid performance as a senior.

I say we take a flyer on him..5th, 6th round...he sounds like he could be there at our 5th round pick..

LL

[quote][i]Originally posted by -inVINCEible-[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:41 PM
    [b] hes Purdue's #2 WR, but he ripped apart Chris Gamble when Purdue played THE Ohio State University

from what i heard, he ran a 4.6, and teams are trying to get him to bulk up to move to TE, but he wants to stay at WR

anyway, I like the pick, he could be our future #3 [/b][/quote]
    Actually, he ran about a 4.6 at the combines slow track and then ran 4.51 at the Purdue Pro Day on March 5th. His performances at the combines and Pro Day could help him move up a bit in the draft.

Staneford is as skinny as a rail, moving him to TE is absolutely crazy :blink:

All League
    He is similar looking Ed Mcafferety who just retired from Denver but with more speed. He is a possibility as late round pick as our 4th receiver-he is the kind of guy you want to see make it as a late round pick.

[quote][i]Originally posted by -inVINCEible-[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 07:41 PM
    [b] hes Purdue's #2 WR, but he ripped apart Chris Gamble when Purdue played THE Ohio State University

I kind of dismissed him as being slow, but his 40 at his pro day was decent 2 runs of 4.55 and 4.58 which is a liitle quicker than I thought.

I dont remember the website but where I was looing had him rated as a 5-7h round pick, I would love to see this guy in a Jets uni

[url=http://story.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=211&p=2&c=231009]http://story.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=211&p=2&c=231009[/url]

[quote][i]Originally posted by James Hasty[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 07:46 PM
    [b] He is a good sleeper, maybe a fourth rounder. Another sleeper who might fall to round five is:

Maurice Brown/Iowa
    (6-2, 212, estimated 4.53 40 time)

2002 Season Stats: 13 games, 48 catches, 966 receiving yards, 11 receiving touchdowns /// 2 carries, -8 rushing yards, 0 rushing touchdowns

Positives: Possesses good wide receiver size. Can be a physical player. Is a sneaky-fast runner who has shown the ability to make plays down the field.

Negatives: Lacks top-end speed for a wide receiver. Needs to work on his route running and overall concentration. May present a character risk.

Overall analysis: Basically an unknown entering the 2002 college season, Maurice Brown had a great junior year with the re-emerging Iowa Hawkeye program. Brown originally redshirted in 1999, and saw some playing time in 2000. He played in 5 games as a sophomore, but was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team (drunk driving arrest). In addition, Brown had pled guilty to an assault charge a few months earlier. But Brown got a chance to redeem himself in 2002, and he took full advantage of the opportunity. Brown is a big, physical wide receiver that has the ability to manhandle opposing defensive backs. He lacks great timed speed, but he made more than his share of big plays as a junior. However, there are still many aspects of Brown’s game that needs work. He needs to improve his concentration when making plays on the ball, and his overall route running needs refinement. If Brown can polish the rough edges of his game, he has the potential to become a very good NFL wide receiver. Right now Brown figures to be selected on the second day of the draft, but he could go much higher with a solid performance as a senior. [/b][/quote]
    Bradway doesnt take small school sleepers lol

[quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44+Mar 8 2004, 08:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Riggins44 @ Mar 8 2004, 08:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin---inVINCEible-[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 06:41 PM
    [b] hes Purdue&#39;s #2 WR, but he ripped apart Chris Gamble when Purdue played THE Ohio State University

Actually, he ran about a 4.6 at the combines slow track and then ran 4.51 at the Purdue Pro Day on March 5th. His performances at the combines and Pro Day could help him move up a bit in the draft.

Staneford is as skinny as a rail, moving him to TE is absolutely crazy :blink: [/b][/quote]
    he has good hands, and if the 4.51 is true, then he should move higher up

riggins, i love that avatar, leafs are taking the cup this year, leetch is exactly what we need up here

Wideouts on the roster now...

Lawrence Hamilton 6-2 204
    Jonathan Carter 6-0 180
    Wayne Chrebet 5-10 188 ???
    Matt Dominguez 6-2 220
    Kevin Lockett 6-0 186 UFA
    Justin McCareins 6-2 215
    Rob Milanese 5-9 179
    Muneer Moore 6-1 200
    Donovan Morgan 6-3 195
    Santana Moss, WR-KR 5-10 185
    Ken Yon Rambo WR-KR 6-1 195
    Rob Turner 6-3 200

Im kind of disapointed that Rambo isnt that good.. I remember watching OSU games thinking thats a great name... Pennington to RAMBO (its over johnny ) :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I would have NO PROBLEM taking one of these sleeper Receivers...I saw the kid from the Boilermakers.......had a good day VS Ohio State..they should have won that game.