Thread: Marcus Robinson to Vikings

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vikings Agree to Terms with Marcus Robinson

The Minnesota Vikings have agreed to terms with free agent WR Marcus Robinson. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Known as a big-play receiver, Robinson was originally a 4th-round draft choice of the Chicago Bears and is now entering his eighth year in the National Football League. Robinson has played in 67 regular season games, including 33 starts, over the past seven seasons. In 1999, he ranked 2nd in the NFC and 4th in the NFL with 1,400 receiving yards on 84 receptions, setting a Bears' franchise record. After signing with the Baltimore Ravens in 2003, Robinson finished the season strongly, catching 22 passes for 375 yards and six touchdowns over the last five games

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he returns to form, they will have an excellent set of receivers. I guess that Burleson, Campbell, Bates aren't what they want in a #2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought he left Minn on friday without a contract offer...it was all over the board!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can u say hes a big time reciver hes not that fast old and has never proven to be a dominate wide reciver i thought he woucd be with his height and all but no i saw very little ouf of him

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyj102883[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 09:15 PM
    [b] How can u say hes a big time reciver hes not that fast old and has never proven to be a dominate wide reciver i thought he woucd be with his height and all but no i saw very little ouf of him [/b][/quote]
    The guy is pretty fast, and if you watched any Baltimore games last year, the guy did make alot of big plays.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    robinson was only productive last year when wright was playing qb because they played in college together

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt think we would sign him anyway Im just hoping for Dez White or Dyson or Patrick Johnson (with the speed factor and all) you could really spread it out with him and Moss ...and really open things up in the middle for Baker/Becht /J-Mac

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea i wouldnt mind dez white or dyson as a 3rd or 4th reciever

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyj102883[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 09:15 PM
    [b] How can u say hes a big time reciver hes not that fast old and has never proven to be a dominate wide reciver i thought he woucd be with his height and all but no i saw very little ouf of him [/b][/quote]
    i did watch them there one of teams i like to follow i feel like he is an avarge WR

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much was Robertsons deal??? $?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this mean they are providing some decent depth to their receiving core, in preparation to trade Moss? We shall see

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Moss to the Jets for Becht, Jordan, and HACKETT!!!