Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Think how sick our O would be with...

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Winslow, Jmac, and Moss, Pennington would have endless passing options ( and throw in Chrebet to boot). Given chad's lack of arm strength, an over the middle option like Winslow would be awesome.

    Why not package lamont and the #12 for the Lions' #6 (they need a RB) to snag him?

    Then we pick up a safety in free agency (Deon Grant), a corner in round 3, then trade Becht for a draft choice in rnd four or five to help fill out the o line.

    Maybe our D would be a tad on the weak side (it's already better than last year) but our offense would never come off the field!

    :P

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by darsel[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 10:02 PM
    [b] With Winslow, Jmac, and Moss, Pennington would have endless passing options ( and throw in Chrebet to boot). Given chad's lack of arm strength, an over the middle option like Winslow would be awesome.

    Why not package lamont and the #12 for the Lions' #6 (they need a RB) to snag him? [/b][/quote]
    This might be the best idea yet ... but the Lions would need to toss in a 3rd

    We would be sending them a Starting RB ... doesn't matter that he doesn't start for us, he would instantly be installed as their starter ... and they would still own the 12th Overall Pick to fill a another need with a Blue Chipper

    For that they would need to add a 3rd to the deal

    If they made that offer ... I would pull the trigger on this deal and draft Winslow or Taylor

    Winslow would make this offense INSANE ... we would be one OG away from being stacked to the gills, across the board

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more I think about it......KW may just be ther for us at 12!!


    Players definately taken before 12

    Big Ben
    Eli
    Gallery
    Harris
    Roy
    LF
    KWilliams
    Udeze
    Taylor


    That leaves

    K Winslow
    Wilfork
    Phillip Rivers
    Steven jackson


    knowing the Steelers want a RB or Rivers, and Houston needing a DT....we should be sitting pretty for Winslow if we want him!!

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winslow might be better than Shockey ...I would make that move if Taylors gone (which he will be )

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winslow is awesome and would make us TOO nasty.

    I'd rather have Sean Taylor tho, cuz we need D playmakers, we already have several offensive ones, and i trust Baker to help.

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hanscom AFB, MA
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea! U.Miami players are hardly ever bad in the nfl.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    THE BRONX
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the JETS should sign Deon Grant for Safety, and draft DeAngelo Hall, I know Hall is extremely raw, but he literally has Deion Sanders talent, except he's got much better size at 5'11, 200lbs, and can tackle very well.

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hanscom AFB, MA
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Hall is worth a top 15 pick. Maybe 24. I don't think there is much difference between CBs in college but when they get to the NFL it gets more complicated for them.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy posted on another board that Mel Kiper is now calling Dunta Robinson perhaps the second best defensive player in the entire draft ... right behind Sean Taylor

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:26 PM
    [b] I think the JETS should sign Deon Grant for Safety, and draft DeAngelo Hall, I know Hall is extremely raw, but he literally has Deion Sanders talent, except he's got much better size at 5'11, 200lbs, and can tackle very well. [/b][/quote]
    we should get grant and draft Winslow ive been reading everyones posts and they have no trust in this guy Barrett i read up on him and he sounds like a good cb

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:32 PM
    [b] Guy posted on another board that Mel Kiper is now calling Dunta Robinson perhaps the second best defensive player in the entire draft ... right behind Sean Taylor [/b][/quote]
    I saw Dunta against Clemson....Clemson and Whitehurst put up 60 someodd points on SC....often times Hamilton and Youngblood abusing Robinson.


    Big time pass!!

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:32 PM
    [b] Guy posted on another board that Mel Kiper is now calling Dunta Robinson perhaps the second best defensive player in the entire draft ... right behind Sean Taylor [/b][/quote]
    Dunta Robinson- WHo? srry never heard the name wat team? wat postion?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    THE BRONX
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barrett is average, and Tight End isn't a pressing need, the JETS have 2 tight ends that are solid.

    Say what you want about Becht, but he still is a good reciever who is a great blocker.

    The JETS need to draft a Cornerback, to think of the future, so they have a guy now to compete with Barrett, and to replace Donnie in 2005.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    THE BRONX
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:32 PM
    [b] Guy posted on another board that Mel Kiper is now calling Dunta Robinson perhaps the second best defensive player in the entire draft ... right behind Sean Taylor [/b][/quote]
    Its Mel Kiper for godsakes, this is the same guy who said Alan Harper was the steal of the draft and he'd turn out to be a very good defensive Tackle.

    Pleaseeeeeee.

    The JETS should draft Hall.

    1.) Henderson can develop young guys into great players.

    2.) Its no exaggeration when I say Hall has Deion Sanders talent but with better size and tackling ability.

    3.) The JETS have a shot at a shutdown corner, a Legit shutdown corner, that just needs experience to be developed, and then he'll be a dominant shutdown corner.

    The JETS need a shutdown corner desperately, Barrett is average, and Donnie Abraham is a good vetran corner who is a ball hawk, but he's no shutdown corner. He can still hold his own in man coverage.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:38 PM
    [b] Barrett is average, and Tight End isn't a pressing need, the JETS have 2 tight ends that are solid.

    Say what you want about Becht, but he still is a good reciever who is a great blocker.

    The JETS need to draft a Cornerback, to think of the future, so they have a guy now to compete with Barrett, and to replace Donnie in 2005. [/b][/quote]
    I think Baker could be a good tight end Becht is horrible good at blocking but dropped to many Donnie is a good cb And so is Barrett im not sayin ur wrong if we stay at 12 and hes there i say take him but u cant pass up Winslow or Taylor

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    THE BRONX
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyj102883+Mar 8 2004, 11:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (nyj102883 @ Mar 8 2004, 11:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:38 PM
    [b] Barrett is average, and Tight End isn&#39;t a pressing need, the JETS have 2 tight ends that are solid.

    Say what you want about Becht, but he still is a good reciever who is a great blocker.

    The JETS need to draft a Cornerback, to think of the future, so they have a guy now to compete with Barrett, and to replace Donnie in 2005. [/b][/quote]
    I think Baker could be a good tight end Becht is horrible good at blocking but dropped to many Donnie is a good cb And so is Barrett im not sayin ur wrong if we stay at 12 and hes there i say take him but u cant pass up Winslow or Taylor [/b][/quote]
    Becht isn&#39;t horrible, he does drop passes, but he is still a solid reciever, who&#39;d be a good back-up.

    Baker I think is going to be very good. Do you remember the Second New England game where Baker was breaking tackles all over the place, and actually running after the catch. He&#39;s really good.

    Even if Winslow is at 12, the JETS have other problems.

    Also, Taylor is going to be long gone before 12.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets D mastermind what do u think about gamble if hall is there i would take him but do u think gamble is to big of a risk

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    THE BRONX
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyj102883[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:49 PM
    [b] Jets D mastermind what do u think about gamble if hall is there i would take him but do u think gamble is to big of a risk [/b][/quote]
    Yes I do.

    Hall in games actually occasionally played like a shutdown corner.

    All last season Gamble was being picked on.

    Gamble is a tremendous talent, but he&#39;s even more raw then Hall.

    Hall is 5&#39;11, 200lbs, and has Deion Sanders talent, this guy is going to great.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Mar 8 2004, 11:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsD-Mastermind @ Mar 8 2004, 11:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -nyj102883@Mar 8 2004, 11:42 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:38 PM
    [b] Barrett is average, and Tight End isn&#39;t a pressing need, the JETS have 2 tight ends that are solid.

    Say what you want about Becht, but he still is a good reciever who is a great blocker.

    The JETS need to draft a Cornerback, to think of the future, so they have a guy now to compete with Barrett, and to replace Donnie in 2005. [/b][/quote]
    I think Baker could be a good tight end Becht is horrible good at blocking but dropped to many Donnie is a good cb And so is Barrett im not sayin ur wrong if we stay at 12 and hes there i say take him but u cant pass up Winslow or Taylor [/b][/quote]
    Becht isn&#39;t horrible, he does drop passes, but he is still a solid reciever, who&#39;d be a good back-up.

    Baker I think is going to be very good. Do you remember the Second New England game where Baker was breaking tackles all over the place, and actually running after the catch. He&#39;s really good.

    Even if Winslow is at 12, the JETS have other problems.

    Also, Taylor is going to be long gone before 12. [/b][/quote]
    i agree wit u that he would be a good backup and baker is the man i rember tat game to get taylor we would have to trade down to 5-6 which that prob means losin one of our De which i dont want to get rid of

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Mar 8 2004, 11:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsD-Mastermind @ Mar 8 2004, 11:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nyj102883[/i]@Mar 8 2004, 11:49 PM
    [b] Jets D mastermind what do u think about gamble if hall is there i would take him but do u think gamble is to big of a risk [/b][/quote]
    Yes I do.

    Hall in games actually occasionally played like a shutdown corner.

    All last season Gamble was being picked on.

    Gamble is a tremendous talent, but he&#39;s even more raw then Hall.

    Hall is 5&#39;11, 200lbs, and has Deion Sanders talent, this guy is going to great. [/b][/quote]
    thats what i thought 2 he could be good but would need alot of work

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us