Thread: Barret played in a good conference...

...according to herm. What is that supposed to mean.? Is there a bad conference?

[quote][i]Originally posted by LesterLyles[/i]@Mar 9 2004, 01:35 AM
    [b] ...according to herm. What is that supposed to mean.? Is there a bad conference? [/b][/quote]
    AFC South. Jags, Texans, Browns and Ravens (ok so one good team.)
    NFC South. Falcons, Saints, Bucs, and Panthers (once again one good team.)

I'd say there are good and bad conferences. The last few years everyone always claimed the AFC East was the hardest/best conference.

[quote][i]Originally posted by LesterLyles[/i]@Mar 9 2004, 01:35 AM
    [b] ...according to herm. What is that supposed to mean.? [/b][/quote]
    .....it means Herm can sell ice cubes to an eskimo. He's a salesman....nothing more, nothing less.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree+Mar 9 2004, 09:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Shadetree @ Mar 9 2004, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LesterLyles[/i]@Mar 9 2004, 01:35 AM
    .....it means Herm can sell ice cubes to an eskimo. He&#39;s a salesman....nothing more, nothing less. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: This is true.

To me, a more meaninful point is that Arizona couldn&#39;t stop the run last year (sound familar??) and teams always took it up the gut against them. SO his passes defensed and interceptions may be artifically low due to the team he played on. Now, was his conference any tougher then others? I guess so, if you count the Rams (always pass happy) and the Seahawks (more run oriented) along with the 49ers (Pass happy). But I&#39;ll bet these guys ran like crazy on the Cards.

Hall Of Fame
    If BARRETT can defend against the WRs on the RAMS and SEAHAWKS as well as the 49ers and hold his own WITHOUT a pass rush and a good CB( due to injury) CB next to him as wel as being on the field ALL the time( no offense at all), why can&#39;t he do a very good job in the AFC-EAST? There aren&#39;t that m,any great WRS there. He has played agianst some great ones in St. Louis and SF&#33; All he needs is a better pas rush , which we have and better coaching, which we have in order for some here to lighten up&#33; :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Barrett played on a pretty bad team too which makes me wonder a little bit about him. If your surrounded by not so average players, how good can you be. Who can he imulate then?

Look at McCareins, he played on a good team and his play shows that he did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree+Mar 9 2004, 08:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Shadetree @ Mar 9 2004, 08:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LesterLyles[/i]@Mar 9 2004, 01:35 AM
    .....it means Herm can sell ice cubes to an eskimo. He&#39;s a salesman....nothing more, nothing less.[/b][/quote]
    Yeah Herm could sell the ice cubes alright but they would
    probley melt in 30 below Zero Temp&#33;&#33; :lol:

He was talking about a good conference of WRs(and I think he meant division anyway). He played against the great Ram WRs, the Seattle WRs, TO, ... Coming to the AFC East the only big time WR is Moulds w/ a possible big timer in Chambers.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: why would anyone have to worry about barrett because he played on a bad defense? The kid played against very good receivers and held his own....he is a friggin bona fide NFL cornerback...not a superstar but the kid is a starter...whats with any type of second guessing????

Let the kid suit up and play some games for us. He has the friggin same stats (pretty much) as Winfield and people are second guessing???? :blink:

It&#39;s not like we signed a project....he is a physical starting DB who is bigger then Winfield.

Take Winfield and put him in the Cardinals Defensive backfield...then what?
    You can&#39;t judge a player because he played for a bad team.

Aneas Williams played on many TERRIBLE Cardinals teams and yet he was one of the leagues top Defensive Backs.

Barrett is not one of the top DB&#39;s in the league but this is an very much upgraded defense and I feel he will do well.