Thread: Steve Webb is back

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Islanders didnt make much of a splash as far as the trading deadline is concerned, but they did bring back Steve Webb from Pittsburgh.

He ignited the crowd and the team 2-3 years ago with his aggressive play. We needed a spark and I hope he provides some fire.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You got that right just like Butch Goring did like 25 yrs ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont care who they play @ home next...it'll be packed....fans love this guy. His being there will energize the whole building.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

where are the islander fans.....too many yankee/rangers fans around here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Webb.... BIG - FRIGGIN - DEAL.

Good Players were being shipped all over the league AT BARGAIN prices and Mike Milbury decides to sit on his hands and pick up Steve Webb (who couldnt even make the Penguins roster for crying out loud) and Alexei Karpovstev.

Im so disappointed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Webb hasnt even been up from Bridgeport yet. Oh well.

Nice game today- happy to see quality back-to-back performances out of DiP. Maybe he'll prove himself worthy of being the #1 pick overall, and go on a JS Giguere-type run in the post-season? (I doubt it too...)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsMan57@Mar 10 2004, 12:25 AM
    Steve Webb.... BIG - FRIGGIN - DEAL.

Good Players were being shipped all over the league AT BARGAIN prices and Mike Milbury decides to sit on his hands and pick up Steve Webb (who couldnt even make the Penguins roster for crying out loud) and Alexei Karpovstev.

Im so disappointed.
    And Karpovtsev promptly left the team for the rest of the season Can't blame Milbury for him leaving, but still....

I'm glad to see #20 back. I'm not a huge fan of the guy playing 80 games a year for this team, but this is the time to get him - carry him as a 4th line right wing/healthy scratch for when they need the spark he brings. In the playoffs, and depending on matchups, they probably don't need Godard as much, so Webbie can take his spot. He may not do a whole lot on the ice, but boy can he hit.