Thread: Flyers-Devils

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If TB and the revamped Ottawa continue to soar, the Flyers and Devils are colliding with a 3-6 seed matchup in the first round. That would be VERY interesting.

I'm happy as hell about the win tonight (gee, LeClair, could you hold on any longer to guarantee the empty netter, like maybe shoot it from 2 inches out?), but if Stevens came back and Primeau/Desjardins were not both back at 100%, I'd be extremely worried about this matchup.

On the other hand, exorcizing the demons (pun intended) at round 1 might be the best goddamn thing to ever happen to the Flyers, especially if they get the neutered Stevens-free version. That could lead to a confidence and execution high that would bring serious mojo into any Laffs-Sens-Bolts 2nd round.

Thoughts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Mar 9 2004, 10:45 PM
    If TB and the revamped Ottawa continue to soar, the Flyers and Devils are colliding with a 3-6 seed matchup in the first round. That would be VERY interesting.

I'm happy as hell about the win tonight (gee, LeClair, could you hold on any longer to guarantee the empty netter, like maybe shoot it from 2 inches out?), but if Stevens came back and Primeau/Desjardins were not both back at 100%, I'd be extremely worried about this matchup.

On the other hand, exorcizing the demons (pun intended) at round 1 might be the best goddamn thing to ever happen to the Flyers, especially if they get the neutered Stevens-free version. That could lead to a confidence and execution high that would bring serious mojo into any Laffs-Sens-Bolts 2nd round.

Thoughts?
    JSJ: Wholeheartedly agree that Johnny held on to the puck too long. He was so close I thought he was gonna run right into the net himself--but he did have a big game. Devs didn't play for 60 full minutes. A big 4 points!!! However, we're playin' 'em again at home on Saturday. Another BIG game.

Keith was scheduled to be back but wasn't ready (post concussion syndrome). Hopefully, he'll be back for our next game. It's our D that worries me. We're plagued by injuries.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Mar 10 2004, 09:10 AM

Keith was scheduled to be back but wasn't ready (post concussion syndrome). Hopefully, he'll be back for our next game. It's our D that worries me. We're plagued by injuries.
    Did you say Flyers/Devils is the next game?
    Are you sure you want Primeau back if Scott Stevens is on the ice?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shadetree+Mar 10 2004, 08:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadetree @ Mar 10 2004, 08:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl@Mar 10 2004, 09:10 AM

Keith was scheduled to be back but wasn&#39;t ready (post concussion syndrome). Hopefully, he&#39;ll be back for our next game. It&#39;s our D that worries me. We&#39;re plagued by injuries.
    Are you sure you want Primeau back if Scott Stevens is on the ice? [/b][/quote]
    very funny&#33;&#33;&#33; If that dirty b*stard comes within 5 feet of my Keith, we&#39;ll get Brashear after him&#33; Stevens won&#39;t be back in time for Saturday&#39;s game. Hopefully, Keith will&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Mar 10 2004, 09:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Mar 10 2004, 09:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Shadetree@Mar 10 2004, 08:15 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl
    @Mar 10 2004, 09:10 AM

Keith was scheduled to be back but wasn&#39;t ready (post concussion syndrome). Hopefully, he&#39;ll be back for our next game. It&#39;s our D that worries me. We&#39;re plagued by injuries.

Are you sure you want Primeau back if Scott Stevens is on the ice?
    very funny&#33;&#33;&#33; If that dirty b*stard comes within 5 feet of my Keith, we&#39;ll get Brashear after him&#33; Stevens won&#39;t be back in time for Saturday&#39;s game. Hopefully, Keith will&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Very funny?? It wasnt a joke, GGG....I wouldnt want him any where near Stevens if I&#39;m a Philly fan.

That WOULD be a great first round matchup, Flyers-Devils. Unfortunately, great matchups like that take an awful lot out of the winner....and the next round becomes even tougher, even if the match-up seems more favorable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to me the lack of a deal by Lou indicates Stevens wil be back. Count on it. Kozlov has begun to skate also. Interesting series indeed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Mar 10 2004, 10:11 AM
    Seems to me the lack of a deal by Lou indicates Stevens wil be back. Count on it. Kozlov has begun to skate also. Interesting series indeed.
    T-Mac: Care to make a bet on Saturday&#39;s rematch????? :o

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My Lithuanian Princess: you know I&#39;m always up for a good wager. I have the perfect stakes, too. Devils win, you meet me at McSorley&#39;s 7AM 3/17 and we head up to the parade by 11. Candy Corns win, and I go to the Huntington Fest on sunday. B)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Mar 10 2004, 03:17 PM
    You know I&#39;m always up for a good wager. I have the perfect stakes, too. Devils win, you meet me at McSorley&#39;s 7AM 3/17 and we head up to the parade by 11. Candy Corns win, and I go to the Huntington Fest on sunday. B)
    T-Mac: That&#39;s not fair&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t take off on Wednesday (although I wouldn&#39;t need to because the F&#39;ers are gonna kick a*s&#33;&#33. And besides that....you&#39;re already coming with me on Sunday&#33;&#33; Amend the stakes&#33;&#33;&#33;

Candy Corns? I&#39;ve heard lots of names, but that&#39;s a first&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not? I&#39;d have to get someone to work for me sunday. Take a personal day. You mean you&#39;d rather work than party at McSorleys? You&#39;re very boring during off-season. No Bourbon Street Beads for you if you don&#39;t come out on Paddy&#39;s Day&#33;

Well hey, I already used "Pumpkins."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Mar 10 2004, 03:29 PM
    Why not? I&#39;d have to get someone to work for me sunday. Take a personal day. You mean you&#39;d rather work than party at McSorleys? You&#39;re very boring during off-season. No Bourbon Street Beads for you if you don&#39;t come out on Paddy&#39;s Day&#33;

Well hey, I already used "Pumpkins."
    T-Mac: You can get someone to work for you because you are replaceable. Can&#39;t take off on Wednesday.....not to mention the fact that they will throw my a*s out of McSorleys since I am alcohol-free through Lent&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I know I&#39;m boring, but I&#39;ll make it up to you (wink, wink).

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You can&#39;t get thrown out of McSorley&#39;s with me and they serve Coke. Besides, the Pope says you&#39;re excused on this "holiday." Oh all right, then. Think of something else by saturday. <_<

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You gave up booze for Lent? That&#39;s hardcore. I can&#39;t even bring myself to give up booze during this 5-6 day a week triathlon training.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Mar 11 2004, 12:47 PM
    You gave up booze for Lent? That&#39;s hardcore. I can&#39;t even bring myself to give up booze during this 5-6 day a week triathlon training.
    yeah, it&#39;s been tough. Not one of my smarter moves.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn&#39;t get out of work sunday, so I&#39;m not all that expendable after all. <_< Behave yourself and have a GREEN day.

Maybe you should leave the phone off wednesday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Mar 12 2004, 10:13 AM
    Couldn&#39;t get out of work sunday, so I&#39;m not all that expendable after all. <_< Behave yourself and have a GREEN day.

Maybe you should leave the phone off wednesday.
    uh oh...will you be making one of those drunken calls to me in the middle of the night?

Enjoy, T-Mac.....see ya soon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No, at 9AM from McSorley&#39;s. Don&#39;t work too hard&#33;

Here&#39;s the bet. When the Devs win, you will put in your sig: The Devils rule the East, and the Flyers should just move out West. If the Apricots win: the momentum has swung and the Flyers own the East.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Mar 12 2004, 12:12 PM
    No, at 9AM from McSorley&#39;s. Don&#39;t work too hard&#33;

Here&#39;s the bet. When the Devs win, you will put in your sig: The Devils rule the East, and the Flyers should just move out West. If the Apricots win: the momentum has swung and the Flyers own the East.
    T-Mac: Unfortunately, I&#39;m not "fancy" like the rest of you here. I don&#39;t know how to do that signature thing. I got the good looks in my family...not the brains.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It&#39;s simple, even for the stoopit-est blondes.

Click on My Controls near the top of your screen.

Under Personal Profile, click on Edit Signature.

Type "Devils rule the East, and the Flyers should just move West," in the white box.

Click on Update My Signature just below the box.

I&#39;ll look forward to seeing your posts on monday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Very well, then. The phat and fancy one won&#39;t play. Bet&#39;s off. Maybe just a brew for the playoffs.