Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tod Bertuzzi

Hall Of Fame
    Moore's hit on MN was clean and he was not called for penalty.

TB should have confronted him face to face and drop the gloves

He should be banned for life, the F'n idiot.

Moore's career may be over........

Originally posted by CanadaJet+Mar 10 2004, 02:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CanadaJet @ Mar 10 2004, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RoadWarrior@Mar 10 2004, 01:53 PM
    Fartuzzi shown his true colors on Monday night.And Colin Cambell
    is ****ting in his pants right now.Just because he gave Marty a year
    for what he did on Brasher few years back.The NHL did say that they
    are not taking any s**t at the end of blown out hockey games.Under
    5 min left in play.Bertuzzi is big enough that he could of skated in front
    off him drop the gloves and drove him into next week.But to skate 3/4
    of the ice behind Moore and do what he did was poor play.So what if he
    deserved something for what he did on Naslund but that no way in hell.
    Then I heard Tie Dummie say,People just dont understand what we have
    to face out there.Sometime you black out and do things like that.Just like
    Dummie one GOON to the next.So I hope I dont hear Bertuzzi passes the puck to Naslund for a long time to come.With my luck it will be a strike
    next year anyway.So you might see Fartuzzi gone for a year.So the NHL
    can save face.
    Here&#39;s our dose of daily drivel everyone. Courtesy of RW. Dude, you might wanna lay off the "power" lunches. [/b][/quote]
    Must be a Leaf and Don Cherry fan enough said.

The only reason i was hesitant about the criminal charges was because I think i remember a basketball player throwing an elbow and being criminally charged.. was like a highschool player.. That just didn&#39;t make sense to me.
    But i suppose your right, assault is assault.. you&#39;re not allowed to stalk somebody down and attack them, NHL can&#39;t make laws and NHL Arenas are not combat zones.

How eloquent RW. <_< I didn&#39;t think it was possible but that irrelevant statement is more even more incoherent than that last bit of bile you spewed.

BTW-What&#39;s your avatar?

All League
    I&#39;m a casual fan of hockey. I like the skill involved & like lacrosse. As a casual observer viewing what occurred, it was a criminal act. To me there is no place for that thuggery aspect in the game. I prefer the Olympic style, more scoring/no fights = better display of skills.

That type of violence & the guy who hit Brashear in the head with the stick :blink:
    These incidents are not helping a sport that is struggling to stay afloat. Someone is going to get killed.

P.S., get rid of offsides also. More scoring, more scoring, more scoring.

Jets Insider VIP
    Originally posted by FloridaJet@Mar 10 2004, 07:45 AM
    R.Tyme.. No longer like hockey because of the fights and you were a Flyer fan in the 70"s.

Sounds like and oxymoron to me.
    yea, they didn&#39;t get that nickname for nothing...a lot of it was Schultz, Schutz&#39;s army and all that. He was there solely as Fred Shero&#39;s goon, the guy had no hockey talent. Not to mention the rep that Bobby Clarke had of being a dirty player...but yea I loved Clarke and the Flyers a lot, didn&#39;t like Schultz though. Started disliking the fights breaking out all the time, too many, then like I said I later switched to the Islanders then fizzled out on hockey all together.

Jets Insider VIP
    Originally posted by CanadaJet@Mar 10 2004, 01:38 PM
    R Tyme-IMO you&#39;re wrong. The instigator rule has not "effectively lessened the amount of fights". In fact I believe that it is directly responsible for this incident and others like it.
    just fyi, it wasn&#39;t me who posted about the instigator rule.

Originally posted by R. Tyme+Mar 10 2004, 03:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (R. Tyme @ Mar 10 2004, 03:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FloridaJet@Mar 10 2004, 07:45 AM
    R.Tyme.. No longer like hockey because of the fights and you were a Flyer fan in the 70"s.

Sounds like and oxymoron to me.
    yea, they didn&#39;t get that nickname for nothing...a lot of it was Schultz, Schutz&#39;s army and all that. He was there solely as Fred Shero&#39;s goon, the guy had no hockey talent. Not to mention the rep that Bobby Clarke had of being a dirty player...but yea I loved Clarke and the Flyers a lot, didn&#39;t like Schultz though. Started disliking the fights breaking out all the time, too many, then like I said I later switched to the Islanders then fizzled out on hockey all together. [/b][/quote]
    For the record, Bobby Clarke was the hardest working center and best faceoff man to ever play the game&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; His stick got in the way....accidentally. He was a hustler...not a dirty player. Agree R. Tyme???

Jets Insider VIP
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Mar 10 2004, 04:16 PM
    For the record, Bobby Clarke was the hardest working center and best faceoff man to ever play the game&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; His stick got in the way....accidentally. He was a hustler...not a dirty player. Agree R. Tyme???
    Absolutely Gang Green Girl&#33; I did include I loved him
    seriously, he also had the rep of being one of the hardest workers in the NHL...agree.

Originally posted by R. Tyme+Mar 10 2004, 03:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (R. Tyme @ Mar 10 2004, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl@Mar 10 2004, 04:16 PM
    Absolutely Gang Green Girl&#33; I did include I loved him
    seriously, he also had the rep of being one of the hardest workers in the NHL...agree. [/b][/quote]
    R. Tyme: With no teeth and those curly blonde locks....SIGH....he drove me wild&#33;&#33;&#33; Bobby Clarke was such a hottie.

Hall Of Fame
    F BOBBY CLARKE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Mar 10 2004, 04:32 PM
    R. Tyme: With no teeth and those curly blonde locks....SIGH....he drove me wild&#33;&#33;&#33; Bobby Clarke was such a hottie.
    you won&#39;t get an argument from me on that :lol:
    yes, he also was one of the big hotties in the league at the time&#33;
    I think we just made Gun of B jealous (just teasing you Gun)

hey GGG, still want to read that paper you wrote&#33;

the truth comes out...why I really liked the Flyers&#33; :lol:

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Mar 10 2004, 03:35 PM
    F BOBBY CLARKE.
    With the recent acquisition of V. Malakhov, I must say that Bobby Clarke may have taken too many shots to the head. I sometimes must question his motives.

However GOB, I think you&#39;re just now realizing that the Flyers are much better than the Wings.

Hate to break up this love-fest but Bobby Clarke is no angel. As a matter of fact, he broke Kharlamov&#39;s leg with a slash in &#39;75(i believe) prompting the(entire) touring Red Army Team to leave the ice. Guess he should have been banned from all levels of hockey too. <_<

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Mar 10 2004, 04:32 PM
    Yeah, reminds me of a Jack-O-Lantern I once tried to make. Needless to say, arts & crafts wasn&#39;t my calling.

Bertuzzi should be shut down through the playoffs.

Originally posted by CanadaJet@Mar 10 2004, 03:47 PM
    Hate to break up this love-fest but Bobby Clarke is no angel. As a matter of fact, he broke Kharlamov&#39;s leg with a slash in &#39;75(i believe) prompting the(entire) touring Red Army Team to leave the ice. Guess he should have been banned from all levels of hockey too. <_<
    That game against Russia will go down as one of the greatest&#33;&#33;&#33; Best part is that WE WON&#33;&#33;&#33; They left the ice because they did not like the physical play. TOO BAD...that&#39;s hockey.

Sorry, IMHO....Bobby Clarke can do NO wrong&#33;&#33;&#33; He was the heart and soul of Philly, and there will never be another like him.

Hall Of Fame
    First GOB can never be jealous. I was just at Joe Louis Arena the other night admiring the 10 Stanley Cup Banners, 3 of which are since 97.

I don&#39;t dislike Clarke, I was merely messing with you Flyer types. I&#39;m not exactly a fan of him either but I don&#39;t dislike him.

In my personal opinion, Philly won&#39;t be able to win the cup with Burke in net. He&#39;s just too much of a journeyman to me. He&#39;s always been regarded as a good goalie but he&#39;s really never stuck around long at any one team, specially lately. Flyers will need to play exceptional defense to get to the Stanley Cup finals and lose to the Red Wings.

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Mar 10 2004, 04:23 PM
    First GOB can never be jealous. I was just at Joe Louis Arena the other night admiring the 10 Stanley Cup Banners, 3 of which are since 97.

I don&#39;t dislike Clarke, I was merely messing with you Flyer types. I&#39;m not exactly a fan of him either but I don&#39;t dislike him.

In my personal opinion, Philly won&#39;t be able to win the cup with Burke in net. He&#39;s just too much of a journeyman to me. He&#39;s always been regarded as a good goalie but he&#39;s really never stuck around long at any one team, specially lately. Flyers will need to play exceptional defense to get to the Stanley Cup finals and lose to the Red Wings.
    GOB: But we don&#39;t have Burke in net. We have Esche and the kid has lots of confidence right now.

Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Mar 10 2004, 05:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Mar 10 2004, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CanadaJet@Mar 10 2004, 03:47 PM
    That game against Russia will go down as one of the greatest&#33;&#33;&#33; Best part is that WE WON&#33;&#33;&#33; They left the ice because they did not like the physical play. TOO BAD...that&#39;s hockey.

Sorry, IMHO....Bobby Clarke can do NO wrong&#33;&#33;&#33; He was the heart and soul of Philly, and there will never be another like him. [/b][/quote]
    C&#39;mon GGG, that "great" game wasn&#39;t even finished. And "physical play", "that&#39;s hockey"? Didn&#39;t you post earlier that they should through the book at Bertuzzi? And yet you defend Clarke&#39;s chopping of a human limb with a weapon with a mind boggling "that&#39;s hockey"? Sounds awfully hypocritical to me.

Guns -- I dunno man. No Datsyuk, no Lang. Seems the mighty Wings are getting a clip here and there, no? B)

I&#39;m not a fan but I wonder why the Leafs are never mentioned as Cup favorites. They seem to have all the tools. Depth up front. Physical D and now the addition of Leetch. And Belfour. What&#39;s not to like? :blink: