Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tod Bertuzzi

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If any one saw what he did i can not beleive what i just saw he should be kicked out of the nhl for a long time how can anyone e so vicious

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    steven moore was the brother of rangers prospect dominic moore, in just his first year has solidified a spot with the avs and is a decent young player

the history behind this for all the non hockey fans, two weeks ago moore checked marcus naslund, the vancouver canucks captain and at the time among the league leaders in goals and points, giving him a concussion.. it was a questionable hit since he got him up high but he was not given a penalty and after league reviewed it they did not feel any punishment was warrented...

bertuzzi, a fellow superstar and team leader, probably the most physically dominating player in the league at 6'4 245, vows vengance.. so now fast forward two weeks to last night, one of the vancouver players early on gets into a fight with moore seemingly taking revenge, things appear to have been over with now.. canucks are getting killed 9-2 in a game where the winner would take sole lead of first place in the west, nearing the end of the game bumtuzzi attempts to scrap with moore and what happened next was apalling

http://www.hockey-fights.com/videos/200403...SuckerPunch.wmv

the end result:
    2 fractured vertibreas
    broken jaw
    concussion
    severe facial lacerations
    and the possible ending of a promising career

bertuzzi is probably facing a 20+ game suspension and is also going to be charged with assault and battery from his hometown

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

WAY TO GO A**HOLE!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And when he was an Islander, he was such a wuss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw the clip on the news. He skated behind the guy and just punched him. I stopped watching hockey a long long time ago...too much fighting, just stupid and nothing has been effectively done to stop it and just play the damn game already.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by R. Tyme@Mar 10 2004, 12:31 AM
    Just saw the clip on the news. He skated behind the guy and just punched him. I stopped watching hockey a long long time ago...too much fighting, just stupid and nothing has been effectively done to stop it and just play the damn game already.
    He stalked him from behind and drilled him ...who the **** cares about anything else...

this guy should be BANNED for life....if not life for as many game s as Moore misses.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Melrose rule that Bertuzzi should be suspended for as many games as Moore misses.

I agree with the fact that if one of your guys got run at then you should retaliate accordingly.

That manuever by Bertuzzi was pretty stupid because that is going to severely hurt his Canucks in the playoffs if he is suspended for a lot of games.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by R. Tyme@Mar 10 2004, 12:31 AM
    he didn't just skate from behind and punch him in the head, after he did that he slammed his face into the ice and jumped on top of him beating him

as for your comments on fighting, its obvious you do not watch the sport and never have, the league averages less then one fight a game, i cant see how that is too much fighting, and btw the instigator rule has effectively lessened the amount of fights

keep your uneducated comments to yourself please or at least speak the truth

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the link doesnt work

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    does someone have a link so i can see the fight?

i want to hate him too B)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    there was no fight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by sneakizm+Mar 10 2004, 01:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sneakizm @ Mar 10 2004, 01:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--R. Tyme@Mar 10 2004, 12:31 AM
    he didn&#39;t just skate from behind and punch him in the head, after he did that he slammed his face into the ice and jumped on top of him beating him

as for your comments on fighting, its obvious you do not watch the sport and never have, the league averages less then one fight a game, i cant see how that is too much fighting, and btw the instigator rule has effectively lessened the amount of fights

keep your uneducated comments to yourself please or at least speak the truth [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t you ever accuse me of lying. I don&#39;t have to prove anything to you. who are you? I said I stopped watching hockey a long long time ago, can you read? I haven&#39;t watched a game in years but it seems every time they show a clip of a hockey game some where-- the local news, ESPN...they show fights. I&#39;m imagining this?

I was a hockey fan -- a huge Flyers fan back in the 70&#39;s, saw them win the Stanley Cup and way back then the Broad Street Bullies had Dave Schultz who started fights with everyone on the opposing teams and the fighting has continued. Then I switched to Islanders for a bit and quit. Has the fighting stopped? NO.

As for my comments on the Bertuzzi assault...the tone of my words was misunderstood-- I was agreeing that he was stalked and it was intentional. It didn&#39;t sound that way. I should have been clearer.

wait a minute, I&#39;m re-reading your post..."averages less than one fight a game"...what the hell does that mean? half a fight? one punch? "the league"...the whole league with all the teams and games in a hockey season and this stat doesn&#39;t sound like a sport that fights a lot to you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let the cops deal with it. Simple, premeditated, assault.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven&#39;t seen the incident.. but does it really call for legal action?

I&#39;m not sayin it does or doesn&#39;t, either way.. i still haven&#39;t seen it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CUJet@Mar 10 2004, 03:59 AM

I&#39;m not sayin it does or doesn&#39;t, either way.. i still haven&#39;t seen it.
    Imagine this.....

Bertuzzi is skating 3 feet behind moore and to his right...

Bertuzzi skate up close enough to grap the back of Moores jersey....pulls him back and at the same time throws a vicious right hook pulling him into the punch...
    the hook lands flush on moores jaw...he is out in the air...while bertuzzi still has his jersey in his left hand he proceeds to push down on moore as he falls....smashing his face into the ice as he falls on ontop of him.

Then to top it of he continues to punch the guy in the back of the head untill he is pulled off of him.

Pathetic.

It was premeditated, watching the replay you see him skate up behind him and then coast&#39;s behind him "sizing "him up.

He should be banned.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Tyme,Mar 10 2004, 02:36 AM

keep your uneducated comments to yourself please or at least speak the truth
    Don&#39;t you ever accuse me of lying. I don&#39;t have to prove anything to you. who are you? I said I stopped watching hockey a long long time ago, can you read? I haven&#39;t watched a game in years but it seems every time they show a clip of a hockey game some where-- the local news, ESPN...they show fights. I&#39;m imagining this?

I was a hockey fan -- a huge Flyers fan back in the 70&#39;s, saw them win the Stanley Cup and way back then the Broad Street Bullies had Dave Schultz who started fights with everyone on the opposing teams and the fighting has continued. Then I switched to Islanders for a bit and quit. Has the fighting stopped? NO.

As for my comments on the Bertuzzi assault...the tone of my words was misunderstood-- I was agreeing that he was stalked and it was intentional. It didn&#39;t sound that way. I should have been clearer.

wait a minute, I&#39;m re-reading your post..."averages less than one fight a game"...what the hell does that mean? half a fight? one punch? "the league"...the whole league with all the teams and games in a hockey season and this stat doesn&#39;t sound like a sport that fights a lot to you? [/QUOTE]

You tell him R.Tyme........

Listen up buddy.........that is exactly the reason I don&#39;t like to watch hockey anymore either.......too many fights and too much blood........it&#39;s a sport to be enjoyed like baseball, football and basketball it&#39;s not a boxing ring..........give me a break and you should not make an uneducated statement without truly watching the sport.......

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CUJet@Mar 10 2004, 03:59 AM

It most certainly does call for legal action......... :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    R.Tyme.. No longer like hockey because of the fights and you were a Flyer fan in the 70"s.

Sounds like and oxymoron to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was obvious he completely intended to assult him, and harm him. It was a vicious attack, and a 1 year banishment from Pro Hockey, including any minor leagues and anyuse of traing facilities, is not an unreasonable punishment.

While I do not think this calls for any indictment, from a legal point of view, I do believe teh Moore family should have the right to sue for criminal intent, in a civil suit in a court of law. It may not be called "criminal intent", but you get my drift.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an avid Avs fan i am disgusted with TB

He should be banned for at least a year and go to jail

BTW Moore&#39;s career may be over, fractured neck&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;