Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Basketball

Down 26 early 3rd quarter, and came all the way back to pull it out.

KVH- 0 pts in the 2nd half. Disapeared completely!

Hall Of Fame
    nice

playoffs baby

Tim Thomas with 20 against his old team

GREAT win for NY after that NIGHTMARE Friday night.
    GO KNICKS!

Smashing win!!!!

Out here in Denver they had the Spurs-Kings game on, so did not get to watch. How was Vin Baker ?

All Pro
    Vin baker had a Double-Double in points and rebounds (Not sure how much for each though) He was very aggresive in the 1st half when the rest of the Knicks were so lazy! But the 2nd half was when everyone came out to play especiallt KT!!

KT is the most underrated player in the league. I am glad we signed him for 4 more years.

If the Knicks stay the course, and make the playoffs, they could be very very dangerous.

kurt thomas was a beast like never b4 in that game

its playoff time babbbyyyyyyyyyy

Baker had 12 points, and 10 boards, and a couple of blocks. However, his game is off, as he missed a few real easy ones. Also, he didn't get much lift around the basket. But he showed that he has the skills to be a low post presence. Time will tell.

Kurt Thomas played solid "D" in the late 3rd, and throughout the 4th quarter. But he still only had 4 boards. He never jumped well, but now he's barely getting off the ground. I know his finger is jammed, and that effects his shooting, but what's with the legs??

Tim Thomas stepped up. Solid 2nd half. Must be the water in Milw.

I have to say something- SWEETNEY IS THE FUTURE OF THE KNICKS! He wil be spectacular next year. I just can't wait!

All League
    He is incredibly promising, after getting himself into better shape and gaining Wilkens confidence he has been playing tremedous.
    I look for him to have a break out year next year.
    ala Zach Randolph

Originally posted by Icer@Mar 17 2004, 03:03 AM
    He is incredibly promising, after getting himself into better shape and gaining Wilkens confidence he has been playing tremedous.
    I look for him to have a break out year next year.
    ala Zach Randolph
    Don't know if Sweetney will be like Randolph, but he will be a major contributor next season. He's already showing major signs of contributing this year. Anyone notice that last night against the Wizards, the Knicks were down 8 when he came in, and up 10 when he left some 9 minutes later. He boxes out, switches off real well, and has a knack for offensive boards. Foul shooting is below par (he was around 80% in College, but is at 67% in the NBA).

Knicks should package Kurt Thomas and Norris (or Williams) next season for either Wallace, or a high draft pick, and let Sweetney and Baker play at the "4". Harrington is more then an adequate backup, and Baker can back up the "5". There's also Mutombo, if he's still around.

I will go as far as to say that Sweetney will be THE premier PF in the east if we start him. (only if Jermain O'neal plays the 5). Of course he won't compare to the likes of TD or KG. But I have HIGH hopes.

All League
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, even if he develops you just cant make that assertation.
    There are alot of good PF's out in the East.
    Jermaine O'Neal, Rasheed Wallace, Kenyon Martin, Carlos Boozer, Chris Bosh (when he moves back to PF permanently, C is just a stop), etc

Banned
    Sweeteny is a Georgetown man, he is a great rebounder, very good defender in the post, and is a tough player.

If he continues to improve like this, the Knicks could very well trade Kurt Thomas.

Also, I really hope they can trade Houston to somebody, he is a great scorer, but he is the biggest p***y ever.

Take my word for it. KT is GONE! Write that one down, kids!

Banned
    With Tim Thomas basically solidified at the 3, and the 4 & 5 are filled, if the JETS sign Rasheed where does he fit?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Is it just me or has Mohammed also been playing his ass off since Mutombo went on the IL?