Thread: New Fantasy Baseball thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody interested in makin a deal? Let me know..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys think about this deal its for me in a league with a group of my friends and it is a points league not match up. I would get Adam Dunn and Greg Maddux. I would lose Mike Sweeney. I like it but the only problem is Maddux does not get many K's. Any help will be appreciated.

Maxman
    Originally posted by Penning10@Mar 15 2004, 02:43 PM
    What do you guys think about this deal its for me in a league with a group of my friends and it is a points league not match up. I would get Adam Dunn and Greg Maddux. I would lose Mike Sweeney. I like it but the only problem is Maddux does not get many K's. Any help will be appreciated.
    I predict a bad year for Maddux. Personally I would stay away from him. Last year he had the highest ERA of his career...almost 4.00 and it was 1.3 higher then 2002. And he gave up 24 home runs (his highest) last season.

He still has his control but judging by the 225 hits he gave up I don't think he is as precise as he once was.

He is 38, he has always been a soft play and I say stick a fork in him, I think he is done. If so that 3 year deal is going to hurt the Cubs. Spending money and spending money wisely are two different things.