Thread: Red Wings Playoff Dilemma In Net

Hall Of Fame
    The Wings 2003-2004 season could be made into soap opera if you ask me, General Hospital would be a good name.

First of all, the injuries. The Wings have been a constant revolving door of injuries all season, with its highlight a few weeks ago of losing 3 starting forwards in one week! Yet somehow they continue to win, and win a lot. Depth...is their salvation.

Now after the goaltender goatscrew of earlier in the season, the CuJo vs. Hasek soap opera, the Wings have a new problem.

Legace came in during CuJo's injury and played dynamite net. Dynamite as in better than CuJo when he was healthy.

So what do you do?

Ride the hot goaltender into the playoffs or start the veteran because he's the veteran?

All League
    I say Curtis Joseph has never played on a winning Stanley Cup team -so Legace should be your goalie-he has earned the right to play in the playoffs. You would be sending a terrible message that you do not trust him and ruin his confidence if he does not start.

Speaking of hot goalies, how bout Esche??!!!!!

All League
    Esche is playing real well for your Flyers GGG-he is unknown quantity under playoff pressure-the Eastern division is so bunched up in points and talent wise not much of a difference between the top 5 teams.-the usual scenerio whoever has the hot goalie is the team that is going to take it.

All League
    Legace definetly.
    CuJo hasn't been the same in a few years, Manny really stepped it up recently.
    Only take him out if he struggles.

Hall Of Fame
    Manny is hot, no doubt about it, with a 1.88 GAA right now. If he stays like that and CuJo shows some signs of rust he's a definite start. Everyone has to get some playoff experience sometime right?

Veteran
    after the way Manny played yesterday against Colorado, I would say they have a better goalie in net than some other teams in the playoffs.

I still think the Wings are gonna win in all

Wings going out first round hahahahahah
    Cup belongs in Calgary we will finnish off what the Cains and Ducks
    didnt do.And that is win the Cup.The Kipper wins the Conn Smythe

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by RoadWarrior@Mar 27 2004, 12:55 PM
    Just the fact that the Flames are in the playoffs is a miracle in itself.

I smell a victory parade in Detroit this year.

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Mar 27 2004, 11:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Mar 27 2004, 11:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RoadWarrior@Mar 27 2004, 12:55 PM

I smell a victory parade in Detroit this year. [/b][/quote]
    GOB: Is THAT what that smell is?

Sorry, guy, but as much as we s*ck right now, the parade is gonna be on Broad Street this year&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    Red Wings put it too Avalanche back to back-pretty impressive. The team that gets home advantage in the West has done too well the last couple of years in the playoffs though.
    Legace has really played well-it will be nice to see him finally given the opportunity in the playoffs

The Flames will do just fine in the Playoffs.The Wings have already said
    that they would not want to face the Flames in the first round.They have speed and they will put the hurt on you by finnish there hits.And as far
    as you guys taking it to the Avs will I think everyone has been taking it
    to the Avs the last few weeks.s**t the Flames knock them around for 60 min
    to a 7-1 win.So beating the Avs right now means nothing.Dallas is the team playing better then the Avs.So the object is to seeing Dallas getting knock out.So stop planning you&#39;r Parade route it is bad luck.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Mar 28 2004, 01:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Mar 28 2004, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -The Gun Of Bavaria@Mar 27 2004, 11:37 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--RoadWarrior
    @Mar 27 2004, 12:55 PM

Sorry, guy, but as much as we s*ck right now, the parade is gonna be on Broad Street this year&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    They have parades in Philly for 3rd place????

Roadwarrior I&#39;m not worried about the Flames or anyone else. The Wings have been playing great with half the team in the hospital. Knowing they&#39;re all back by playoff time just makes it better.

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Mar 28 2004, 07:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Mar 28 2004, 07:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Gang Green Girl@Mar 28 2004, 01:12 PM
    Originally posted by -The Gun Of Bavaria@Mar 27 2004, 11:37 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--RoadWarrior
    @Mar 27 2004, 12:55 PM

Sorry, guy, but as much as we s*ck right now, the parade is gonna be on Broad Street this year&#33;&#33;&#33;
    They have parades in Philly for 3rd place????

Roadwarrior I&#39;m not worried about the Flames or anyone else. The Wings have been playing great with half the team in the hospital. Knowing they&#39;re all back by playoff time just makes it better. [/b][/quote]
    I think when they imploded the Vet last week, they took the Flyers down with it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    I am the very loyal Ranger fan But Philly losing to us was pretty disgraceful considering the team we are putting out there right now. Philly will be going out early in the playoffs again this year.