Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KNICKS RULE

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 20 2004, 12:48 AM

Lets go over position by position for the Nets and Knicks.

Kidd and Marbury, edge Nets

Houston and Kittles, edge Knicks. Houston may have iffy d, but he can drop 50 if he wanted to like he did last season
    His ass can't even get off the bench let alone score 50 whenever he wants...Who are you trying to kid?

Tim Thomas and Jefferson, edge Knicks. Thomas is a better rebounder and scorer, better perimeter defender
    Are you sure about this one?...Thomas blows.

RJ is 5x's better.

Kurt Thomas and Kenyon Martin, edge nets. Kurt isn't far from being on par with Martin. Thomas is one of the most underrated players in the game, and is a great defender.
    Do you hear yourself? Kurt Thomas couldn't hold KMart's jock strap,on his best day.

Is this another LAME attemp to boost Knick's moral?

This is just about the time of year when the knicks blow it....sit back, make some popcorn and watch the Knicks go down in flames...1 starbury 3ptr at a time...

I will.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Jason Kidd and I hate the way he blows little kisses at the basket on free throws. I wonder if he blew a kiss to that kid he ran over 10 years ago when he played at Cal. That being said, Richard Jefferson is better than Tim Thomas. Saying otherwise is just ridiculous.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nets fans are touchy, I can understand that. The inferiority complex is sort of unfair. Bottom line, there should be MORE Nets fans. I like the Nets as long as they are not playing the Knicks. Iím really surprised that more Nets fans have not popped up over the last couple years. Itís pretty lame.

Hopefully, we can get a real rivalry going.

Some Nets fans want to rip Marbury, but it's really empty and unfair. They had the kid when he was really immature. He's playing some of his best ball since donning his hometown colors. Face it, he always wanted to play here. As a New Yorker I understand it.

I would never say that the Nets suck or anything like that. Rod Thorn has done an outstanding job retooling that team into a winner. Unfortunately, they never got that scorer to go with Kidd, and the window may be closing. Not that the Nets are old, but the East is slowly getting better and there are not likely to be any more free passes to the finals. The East will also compete better in the finals. Thatís NJ included, if they make it.

The Knicks have made huge strides. If they can make one more move and then actually PLAY together for awhile, they can be as good as any team in the East next year. Sorry if that annoys Nets fans, but it's the truth. Just watch.

Position by position comparisons are just opinion and are not real significant, but the Knicks are deep, and they have plenty of ammunition for trades. Isiah is doing for the Knicks what Thorn has done for Jersey.

Who is the next coach of the Knicks? What player(s) will Isiah bring in this summer? No #1 pick, so weíll be burning up the trade lines.

Everything the Knicks do this year is pure gravy.

No more Layden!

No more Chaney!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Mar 20 2004, 01:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Mar 20 2004, 01:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 20 2004, 12:48 AM

Lets go over position by position for the Nets and Knicks.

Kidd and Marbury, edge Nets

Houston and Kittles, edge Knicks. Houston may have iffy d, but he can drop 50 if he wanted to like he did last season
    His ass can&#39;t even get off the bench let alone score 50 whenever he wants...Who are you trying to kid?

Tim Thomas and Jefferson, edge Knicks. Thomas is a better rebounder and scorer, better perimeter defender
    Are you sure about this one?...Thomas blows.

RJ is 5x&#39;s better.

Kurt Thomas and Kenyon Martin, edge nets. Kurt isn&#39;t far from being on par with Martin. Thomas is one of the most underrated players in the game, and is a great defender.
    Do you hear yourself? Kurt Thomas couldn&#39;t hold KMart&#39;s jock strap,on his best day.

Is this another LAME attemp to boost Knick&#39;s moral?

This is just about the time of year when the knicks blow it....sit back, make some popcorn and watch the Knicks go down in flames...1 starbury 3ptr at a time...

I will. [/b][/quote]
    Its great that Martin and Jefferson can make big dunks, well thats swell.

But Kurt Thomas is a great defender and rebounder but Martin is the better player, while Tim Thomas blows Jefferson away. Please, Thomas, better rebounder, better scorer, and better defender. But you think Jefferson is better because he can make big dunks. YAY&#33;&#33;.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Mar 19 2004, 11:27 PM

JonEJinx wants some action with Maxman.

:o :o

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You fellas should join www.knicksonline.com it&#39;s a great site and I write articles for it (under fanspot it&#39;s titled "Knicks still have some probelms" or something i don&#39;t remember) Anyway, the Nets are (I admit) the better team they have a HUGE FLAW. NO DPETH AT PG. They never shoulda lost Anthony Johnson. Not to mention that if even 1 one of their 3 best players don&#39;t play well they break down and become absolutley drek. Anyway read my article it&#39;s from a while ago but it still will make sense. As always- KNICKS RULE&#33;&#33;&#33; (PS sweetney is the future&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m a Knicks fan, but K-Mart is a much more valuable commodity that Kurt Thomas. Thomas has some strengths that K-Mart does not, but K-Mart can defend at three spots with ease. He is an insanely quick jumper and a better rebounder than KT. Lets be fair.

Kurt Thomas was extended so he can be used in a sign and trade this summer, though he could stay. Don&#39;t get me wrong, he&#39;s a good player.

Jefferson and Tim Thomas are just so different. Jefferson is a better defender and is more consistent. Jefferson has a better handle and is more coachable.

Tim Thomas is a better shooter and has a lot more range. He&#39;s smoother and more fluid. He&#39;s also lackadaisical.

I&#39;d take Jefferson, but it&#39;s close.

The Knicks have other things going for them. They shoot well at almost every position. They shoot FT&#39;s well. They are unselfish on offense and if Houston gets healthy they are close to impossible to defend.

The Knicks need to develop some defensive intensity and a mentality. They are not there yet and will unlikely get there this year. But the potential is there. This team will be a better conditioned team, next year, you can bank on that. That will take out the long lapses of weak D. There will be a lot of internal competition on this team, and that is good.

How about Michael EFFING Sweetney?&#33; That guy is bringing great energy&#33;

Brighter days are ahead for Knicks fans. It&#39;s a good thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate K-mart and his F#cking agent&#33; max contract my ass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Mar 20 2004, 01:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Mar 20 2004, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Its great that Martin and Jefferson can make big dunks, well thats swell.

But Kurt Thomas is a great defender and rebounder but Martin is the better player, while Tim Thomas blows Jefferson away. Please, Thomas, better rebounder, better scorer, and better defender. But you think Jefferson is better because he can make big dunks. YAY&#33;&#33;. [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind

Big dunks are exciting, but thats not the only reason.

Also, Thomas has more attitude than Vanhorn, and isn&#39;t a softy.

All in all Thomas is a better fit and a better player.
    [/quote]

Plus, have you seen some of Thomas&#39; dunks, man is he good.

Tim Thomas is better then you describe him as.

The guy can be exciting to watch, and is more consistant than Vanhorn.

The Knicks have been missing someone who dunks big since Spre was traded.

Thomas can dunk like a mad man.

All these great quotes by the same guy <_<

You are a joke...Just like the Knicks.

Let me know when you actully know what it is you are talking about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Nets window is closing, it&#39;s understandable that they have to put down rising teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Icer@Mar 20 2004, 05:40 PM
    The Nets window is closing, it&#39;s understandable that they have to put down rising teams.
    The Knicks are Mediocre...it&#39;s understandable that you have to make us look worse to even the playing field...Thats fine but you still suck.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Mar 20 2004, 05:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Mar 20 2004, 05:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Icer@Mar 20 2004, 05:40 PM
    The Knicks are Mediocre...it&#39;s understandable that you have to make us look worse to even the playing field...Thats fine but you still suck. [/b][/quote]
    Boo-hoo, stop crying already.

Seriously, what are you freaking 9, get over it, the Knicks are the better team.

With out Starbury, the Knicks have enough depth & fire power to win without him, but with out Kidd the NETS are as good as the Magic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 20 2004, 05:55 PM
    Boo-hoo, stop crying already.

Seriously, what are you freaking 9, get over it, the Knicks are the better team.

With out Starbury, the Knicks have enough depth & fire power to win without him, but with out Kidd the NETS are as good as the Magic.
    What a fool...

The Knicks are not better and have NEVER BEEN better at any point in the last 3 years....Thats a fact...Who gives a **** what your opinion of the Nets is....You are a hater to a T....The Knicks are garbage...

Ps.. i like how you completly ignored the my last post....whats the matter?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Mar 20 2004, 05:53 PM
    The Knicks are Mediocre...it&#39;s understandable that you have to make us look worse to even the playing field...Thats fine but you still suck.
    Sure we do, I didnt say we were better than the Nets yet did I? I said rising, as in next year.
    Your grasp on the Atlantic will end this year, book it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great win for NY on Friday versus the Nets. But then the Knicks BLEW it tonight, losing to the freakin&#39; Bulls.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin@Mar 20 2004, 01:17 PM
    The Knicks have made huge strides. If they can make one more move and then actually PLAY together for awhile, they can be as good as any team in the East next year. Sorry if that annoys Nets fans, but it&#39;s the truth. Just watch.

Position by position comparisons are just opinion and are not real significant, but the Knicks are deep, and they have plenty of ammunition for trades. Isiah is doing for the Knicks what Thorn has done for Jersey.
    This is it in a nutshell. The team needs to get through a training camp together. With Rasheed or with Baker, but start with the core group toegther from the start. Then let&#39;s see what happens.

Thomas is not in the same league as Martin, but you are right about position comparisons. The Knicks are a better team then they were 3 months ago, and they have their best bench in ages. They need to start from the beginning together.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mbn007+Mar 21 2004, 02:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Mar 21 2004, 02:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet-Zeppelin@Mar 20 2004, 01:17 PM
    The Knicks have made huge strides. If they can make one more move and then actually PLAY together for awhile, they can be as good as any team in the East next year. Sorry if that annoys Nets fans, but it&#39;s the truth. Just watch.

This is it in a nutshell. The team needs to get through a training camp together. With Rasheed or with Baker, but start with the core group toegther from the start. Then let&#39;s see what happens.

Thomas is not in the same league as Martin, but you are right about position comparisons. The Knicks are a better team then they were 3 months ago, and they have their best bench in ages. They need to start from the beginning together. [/b][/quote]
    Definetly, this is what kills the Knicks and makes them inconsistent. The constant lineup changes and injuries provide them with no rhythm, how can they go out and beat a team that&#39;s been playing with each other all year? They really, can&#39;t. And it&#39;s not like the other teams which added 1 or 2 players, half the Knicks roster are new guys.

I certainly wouldn&#39;t want them to miss the playoffs this year (they dont even have a 1st round pick), but I do know that if they make it they aren&#39;t going anywhere.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn Icer why don&#39;t you post this well on Nykfanpage?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Knickerbocker@Mar 21 2004, 02:55 PM
    Damn Icer why don&#39;t you post this well on Nykfanpage?
    I try being optimistic there, here I accept reality.

TomShane
    The Knicks will not be able to add any significant players for three years, fellas. What they got is what they&#39;ll have for a long time. While it&#39;s a good-looking team you have to keep in mind that Marbury and Tim Thomas are mentally fragile, and Allan Houston, I&#39;m convinced, is really just Rebecca Lobo in black-face. While they look good at times, all they have right now is potential, and this can blow up in their faces quickly, as you know.

The Nets, on the other hand, still have all of their first rounders, not to mention a guy who many of you have forgotten about, Nenad Krstic, coming over next season. Krstic, if he were to be drafted next season, would be a lottery pick. He&#39;s a 6&#39;11, physical PF/C with a sweet scoring touch and nice hands--Kidd should love him. Of course, I haven&#39;t seen him play, but this is what you read from all of those scouting/Eurotrash websites.

The Nets look like sh*t at times because they don&#39;t have a single player who can score off of the dribble, which is really odd. It won&#39;t hurt them too much in the playoffs, though, because teams spend all their effort keeping people out of the lane in the Eastern Conference. Then again, it will ruin them in the the Finals. Ah well.