Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Anybody going to opening day

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to watch the Yanks and D-Rays in Tampa on the 7th then flying up for opening day on the 8th...can't wait to get the games goin'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't get opening day tickets. I do have the following, so far:

Apr. 27 - Oakland
    May 11 - Anaheim
    Jun. 1 - Baltimore
    Jun. 29 - Boston
    Jul. 7 - Detroit
    Sept. 21 - Toronto

2 tickets to each. Don't ask about the cost, but it's quite expensive. It was difficult to get good seats for most of the good games (Bost., Mets, Oak., Seattle). When I go, I like to sit within the 1st few rows between Home Plate and short right or left. Those seats are for the most part gone by now.

Maxman
    Originally posted by mbn007@Mar 26 2004, 12:53 PM
    I couldn't get opening day tickets. I do have the following, so far:

Apr. 27 - Oakland
    May 11 - Anaheim
    Jun. 1 - Baltimore
    Jun. 29 - Boston
    Jul. 7 - Detroit
    Sept. 21 - Toronto

2 tickets to each. Don't ask about the cost, but it's quite expensive. It was difficult to get good seats for most of the good games (Bost., Mets, Oak., Seattle). When I go, I like to sit within the 1st few rows between Home Plate and short right or left. Those seats are for the most part gone by now.
    It must be nice being King.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Maxman+Mar 26 2004, 03:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Mar 26 2004, 03:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mbn007@Mar 26 2004, 12:53 PM
    I couldn&#39;t get opening day tickets. I do have the following, so far:

Apr. 27 - Oakland
    May 11 - Anaheim
    Jun. 1 - Baltimore
    Jun. 29 - Boston
    Jul. 7 - Detroit
    Sept. 21 - Toronto

2 tickets to each. Don&#39;t ask about the cost, but it&#39;s quite expensive. It was difficult to get good seats for most of the good games (Bost., Mets, Oak., Seattle). When I go, I like to sit within the 1st few rows between Home Plate and short right or left. Those seats are for the most part gone by now.
    It must be nice being King. [/b][/quote]
    You know what? 15 years ago, I would go to games with the wife and a couple of the kids, and the cost for parking, tickets, beer or 2, sodas and ice cream and a yearbook or scorecard came to under &#036;100. And those were good seats. Now, the same scenario, but for 2 seats, same general area as before, runs well over &#036;200.

Brenjetsfan
    I will be at a few this year...one of the attorneys I use just informed me that he not only has a Devils box but a YANKEE one too&#33; Looks like I will be picking a few games this year&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait...this is the only stadium I have NOT been in a party box for an event&#33;......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;ll be @ YANKEE STADIUM for the home opener next Thursday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;ll be there for the Home Opener for the 21st year in a row.
    Damn that makes me feel old.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Rockaway Mike@Apr 3 2004, 02:22 PM
    I&#39;ll be there for the Home Opener for the 21st year in a row.
    Damn that makes me feel old.
    Has your salary kept up with the inflation in ticket prices over these 21 years? The hikes have been quite large, on a percentage basis. Of course, we do get winners here, and have to pay for this somehow.