Thread: Isles Looking Amzing

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    4-0 at the end of 2. This team is flying and hitting?!?! People always knock Steve WEBB, BUT i HAVENT SEEN THE iSELS Like this in a long time

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW 5-0, I spoke to soon!

Brenjetsfan
    Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money@Mar 31 2004, 09:30 PM
    4-0 at the end of 2. This team is flying and hitting?!?! People always knock Steve WEBB, BUT i HAVENT SEEN THE iSELS Like this in a long time
    #20 RULES I am glad they brought him back where he BELONGS...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it looks like with that win, the Isles will manage to hang on and sneak in...you have to admit that you were a little nervous about the way my Sabres came barreling up behind you at the end.

BB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Buffboy@Apr 1 2004, 09:34 AM
    Well, it looks like with that win, the Isles will manage to hang on and sneak in...you have to admit that you were a little nervous about the way my Sabres came barreling up behind you at the end.

BB
    I most certaintly was nervous....Up until last night, it appeared the Sabres wanted a whole lot more than the Islanders did.

The most encouraging thing for me to see(besides Steve Webb plaing like an animal) was the play of Michael Peca as of late. After a poor season he seems to be around the puck an awful lot...very opportunistic.

Over his career he has been a pretty clutch playoff performer (as I'm sure Buffboy can confirm). It would be nice to see him hit his stride now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing hardball with Peca should have cost Darcy Regier his job. Peca is one of those players that you need to make things happen in the post-season. If he hits his stride down the stretch, watch him...he single-handedly can change a game with his effort.

BB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not in New York, so I rarely get to watch this team...do you guys feel there is a chance of them pulling the first round upset that Isles fans thought might happen after winning game 1 last year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, this team is looking impressive.

BB- I was terrified this team was just going to fold up like the end of last year, but thery seem to have put it together.

Brody- We plyed the lightning very well this year. I wouldnt be shocked if we won the series, but it definately wont be easy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheBrodyMan@Apr 1 2004, 10:37 PM
    I'm not in New York, so I rarely get to watch this team...do you guys feel there is a chance of them pulling the first round upset that Isles fans thought might happen after winning game 1 last year?
    I think there's a better chance of them beating Tampa in the first than if they had to play Ottowa. They've matched up pretty well against Tampa.

I just hope Jason Blake gets back soon. Get well soon #55!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well...3 games over .500 and my Sabres are missing the show for the third straight season (longest drought in team history) <_<

Anyway...good luck to the Isles. Please pound Tampa (another southern town that doesn&#39;t deserve hockey) I figure if you can&#39;t make ice naturally, you shouldn&#39;t have a team.

BB