Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: anyone watching UFC tonight?

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at Tito. What a punk. Dude didn't have any business trying to stand up with the Iceman. A couple other fighters that impressed the hell out of me tonight were...

Andrei Arlovski - First time I recall seeing him fight. Very impressive showing against Cabbage. This guy has some serious standup skills. I lost track of how many punches he put on Cabbage.

Genki Sudo - Guy likes to showboat but he has some mad skills. A triangle choke AND armbar at the same time? I almost felt sorry for that guy he was fighting.

Chuck Liddell - Probably his best fight ever. If he continues to fight at this level, he WILL be Light Heavyweight Champion very soon. One of the best pure punchers in the sport today.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was up with the first fight? The dude bit the guy on the chest and then tried to deny it as the guy pointed to the bite marks. :lol:

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the Chuck Liddell highlight reel from last night. Tito was a bloody mess. It was great. :lol:

[img]http://www.abescelebrityanimations.com/abeanimations/ironlife/titovschuck.gif[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    mY BAD, I DIdnt see I didnt see the thread you started lastnight.

Maxman
    Recap...anyone? Bueller?

Who won? Cabbage lost?

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 12:38 PM
    [b] Recap...anyone? Bueller?

Who won? Cabbage lost? [/b][/quote]
    See my little clip 2 posts up. Yes Cabbage got beat quite handily. The good is he has some really kick ass tattoos. :lol:

wickedtwisted
    I cant believe Ortiz lost.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why cant you believe it?...I knew he was all hype, just because he beat an old, out of shape Ken Shamrock and has a loud mouth means nothing to me. He was dominated by Randy Coture a few months ago. At least when Chuck faught Randy, he put up a little bit of a fight. Randy Coture was announcing last night and he told everyone that Chuck would beat Tito, and of course since he just faught them, he was right on the money.

Lawler is just a brawler. The guy that beat him is definatly going to be a bad ass in the UFC for years to come. Cabbage is on the same level. He can take a good punch for sure, but when he was getting whaled on, he didnt have the presence of mind to grab this guy and tackle him, and actually use his weight to his advantage. Cabbage is a young version of Tank Abbott, but I still like to watch the guy.

***Chuck Liddel was the most prepared for a fight that I have ever seen. If he can keep up that intensity, he will have a good shot at Vitor Belfort for the title........a match that is inevitable, and a must. I would love to see that fight, even though Coture has faster hands. Just hope that he dont have to fight Randy again....cause Randy is the smartest fighter in the UFC and knows how to defeat anyone.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know something? I think if Chuck would have been this prepared for Couture that he would have beaten him too. I honestly don't think there was anyone in that division that could have beat Chuck last night. Now lets see if he can keep this momentum going.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Bob Sapp beat one of the best K-1 Fighters ever, Ernesto Hoost. Bob Sapp is currently 5-1, and his only loss was to Antonio Noguira and that was a pretty close fight. Here is the link;

[url=http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?search=yes&fighterid=4416]http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfi...&fighterid=4416[/url]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob Sapp is NO RELATION to Warren Sapp!!!!As a matter of fact,Warren Sapp was pretty pissed off that everyone kept saying they were related.They are most definitely not related,you can take that to the bank! :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ortiz had to feed an ego and attempt to beat Liddell at Liddell's game. Toe to toe, hand to hand combat. Thats not Ortiz's style. He attempted it and got layed down.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 10:23 PM
    [b] Actually Bob Sapp beat one of the best K-1 Fighters ever, Ernesto Hoost. Bob Sapp is currently 5-1, and his only loss was to Antonio Noguira and that was a pretty close fight. Here is the link;

[url=http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?search=yes&fighterid=4416]http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfi...&fighterid=4416[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Yes, he is 5-1 but who other than Noguira, who has he fought that was above laughable? I was impressed when I first saw him fight but then I realized that he was fighting a bunch of nobodies. Sure enough he steps into the ring with a much smaller Noguira and gets embarrassed. Dude just isn't that good and will probably never see a belt in PRIDE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Husker...........Ernesto Hoost!!!...he beat one of the best K-1 fighters ever. Do some research on Ernesto Hoost and then tell me he didnt beat a great fighter. He TKO'd him in an absolute slug fest.

Took this from the MMA "sherdog" website:::

Ernesto Hoost has dazzled the world since the 1990s, becoming a 4-time K-1 Grand Prix Champion (1997, 1999, 2000, 2002), as well as the 1993 K-2 champion. He recently appeared on ESPN where he hacked down Jan 'The Giant' Norte in Las Vegas of 2002.

Hoost fights from the Vos Gym in Holland, and his remarkably technical abilities have earned him the nickname 'Mr. Perfect.'

He has well over 100 professional fights under his belt, is considered by many a living legend.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    JETSMAN1............I know my MMA fighters bro.

Bob Sapp fact file

Name: Bob Sapp
    Nickname: The Beast
    Born: Sept. 22, 1974, Colorado, USA
    Measurements: Height: 200 cm.; Weight: 160 kg.; Bench press: 300 kg.

Personal: Brother Warren Sapp is a successful NFL player for Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Football career: Drafted by the Chicago Bears from the University of Washington in 1997 as an offense lineman. He failed to make the team and was signed by the Minnesota Vikings the same year. After just three appearances, he was cut from that team. He spent another two years trying to find a team and struggling with injury before calling an end to his football career, three years after it started

*****Bob Sapp IS RELATED to Warren Sapp, If you want some links I will post them for you. Just go to Bob Sapp's homepage and he even talks about it.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 02:29 PM
    [b] Husker...........Ernesto Hoost!!!...he beat one of the best K-1 fighters ever. Do some research on Ernesto Hoost and then tell me he didnt beat a great fighter. He TKO'd him in an absolute slug fest.

Took this from the MMA "sherdog" website:::

Ernesto Hoost has dazzled the world since the 1990s, becoming a 4-time K-1 Grand Prix Champion (1997, 1999, 2000, 2002), as well as the 1993 K-2 champion. He recently appeared on ESPN where he hacked down Jan 'The Giant' Norte in Las Vegas of 2002.

Hoost fights from the Vos Gym in Holland, and his remarkably technical abilities have earned him the nickname 'Mr. Perfect.'

He has well over 100 professional fights under his belt, is considered by many a living legend. [/b][/quote]
    Ok, I'll take your word for it, he beat 1 good fighter in his career. I am just not impressed by the guy. He has no fighting skills and just tries to get by with his ridiculous size advantages. Unless he finds himself a very good trainer, he will never be more than a sideshow freak in PRIDE. Sure, he'll beat up on the Otsukas of the world but if he steps into the ring with anyone else he'll get owned. K1 I really don't much care for. I'm more into the mixed martial arts where it requires more than good striking skills.