Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another trade rumor with Raiders

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night on WFAN a couple of callers called in with a rumors they heard with the Raiders..the trade talk was..

Jets give up Jordan,Mckenzie and the #12 for the Raiders 1st and 2nd round picks....

I remember seeing threads regarding trade talks with the Raiders but not sure if I saw this one before..

I do not have a link of anything this was just discussions on sports radio. Sorry if already posted.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's an interesting deal, although I would rather really push to keep Mckenzie, trade Lamont for a low 2nd rounder, and trade down from the 12 to a low teens pick. McKenzie should be a Pro Bowler fairly soon, and has been great here. Gallery looks very strong, but still unproven...Vilma, Robinson, Hall, or especially Gamble at the 18 or 19 would be smarter IMO B)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want the #2

Too much $$$$$$ to give a player!!!

We spent alot last year on DRob....can't afford a similar deal!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree I am a big fan of McKenzie and would love for the Jets to get him signed to a long term deal. As for Jordan I think the Jets need to trade him only if they get at worst a 3rd pick hoping for a 2nd

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    in the beginning we were just giving up McKENZIE now were giving up JORDEN ,besides we`re not the only team the raiders are talking to I hear they`re talking to at least the giants also and the giants at #4 may make the deal if ELI doesn`t go at #1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 10:54 AM
    [b] I don't want the #2

Too much $$$$$$ to give a player!!!

We spent alot last year on DRob....can't afford a similar deal!! [/b][/quote]
    I agree. I'd rather see more draft picks, all of them making less money than one high-priced top 5 pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This deal would be too good to be true!. I agree JonE, but can you imagine what we could do with #2? Trade down, pick Taylor or Gallery? Wow!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    McKenzie is not going anywhere..I got an email From Kevin mawae through nflplayers.com and he said there will be no trade of kareem...

LL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    who do the raiders have at running back??

I dont like the deal we give up two good players and the 12 to move up 10 spots and get a 2nd rounder

who do we pick at #2?? Tayler??

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    McKenzie is worth a 2nd round pick. Jordan is a 3rd at best. So in essence, this trade would be McKenzie for OAK's 2nd rounder and our 1st and Jordan for their 1st rounder, #2 overall. There isn't a snowball chance in hell of this happening. Maybe Jordan, McKenzie and our #12 for their 1st rounder alone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This trade isn't happening, the JETS should stay put at 12 and draft the best available DEFENSIVE PLAYER, or trade down, garner more picks, and draft the best available DEFENSIVE PLAYER.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 10:54 AM
    [b]

We spent alot last year on DRob and the guy was a total bust....can't afford a similar deal!! [/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Apr 3 2004, 11:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Apr 3 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 10:54 AM
    [b]

We spent alot last year on DRob and the guy was a total bust....can&#39;t afford a similar deal&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Bastid :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If this trade were to guarantee Gallery in a Jets uniform, I do it in a heartbeat. Add a great guard like Smiley or Snee in the second round, and our OL would be set for a long time to come. Nice protection for Pennington and a solid ground attack for Curtis. Would be a pretty darned good offense, if you ask me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not totally sold on the Idea that Dwayne Robertson was a bust. He came in with a lot of pressure and didn&#39;t perform awful. Lets remember this is still a young kid. He came out and played with the big boys and now has a year under his belt. I&#39;ve seen him flash several times last year, enough to show me that he is going to catch on soon. The guy went the whole year double teamed and trying to figure out a new approach the the position. I believe he is going to show up this year&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by EL_Shepherd[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 11:49 AM
    [b]
    Im not totally sold on the Idea that Dwayne Robertson was a bust. [/b][/quote]

El, if JonEJet says DRob&#39;s a bust, then he is a bust.

JonEJet is the smartest poster on this board. :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 11:51 AM
    [b]

JonEJet is the smartest poster on this board. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I agree :D

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Apr 3 2004, 11:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Apr 3 2004, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--EL_Shepherd[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 11:49 AM
    [b]
    Im not totally sold on the Idea that Dwayne Robertson was a bust. [/b][/quote]

El, if JonEJet says DRob&#39;s a bust, then he is a bust.

JonEJet is the smartest poster on this board. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    A bust would have been replaced in the starting line up by Evans or some other Vet. Henderson is going to make the most out of Robertson.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BigEthel[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 11:01 AM
    [b] This deal would be too good to be true&#33;. I agree JonE, but can you imagine what we could do with #2? Trade down, pick Taylor or Gallery? Wow&#33; [/b][/quote]

That sounds good to me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]"Last night on WFAN a couple of callers called in with a rumors they heard with the Raiders..the trade talk was..

Jets give up Jordan,Mckenzie and the #12 for the Raiders 1st and 2nd round picks....

I remember seeing threads regarding trade talks with the Raiders but not sure if I saw this one before.."[/b]

This is the best news I have ever heard. The Jets have to do this&#33; The possibilities are mind bobbling&#33; Here is my instanity. McKenzie will cost too much&#33;

If the Chargers pick a DT with their first pick overall.

Jets trade up with the Raiders for #2 overall and the Raiders’ second round pick*

Jets trade down from #2 to #4 and the Giants’ second round pick

Giants pick QB Eli Manning

AZ picks WR Larry Fitzgerald

Jets trade down again with Cleveland for their #7 pick overall and Clevelands’ second round pick

Cleveland picks QB Roethsenbeger

The Jets trade down with Green Bay to 25 for their second and third round pick

This saves money (not signing anyone in the top ten), you get younger/faster and increases your chances of the BEST player for your money by have four picks in the second round, two in the third and X in the fourth. The Jets can still get their top needs. I would even take a running back at the 25 pick overall to back up Curtis&#33; OT Andrews is still not there.

The Jets need--

1. CB
    2. SS
    3. LB
    4. OG
    5. OT
    6. TE
    7. RB

*See above