Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another trade rumor with Raiders

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by usafsuperman[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 12:11 PM
    [b]

Jets give up Jordan,Mckenzie and the #12 for the Raiders 1st and 2nd round picks....

This is the best news I have ever heard. The Jets have to do this! The possibilities are mind bobbling! Here is my instanity. McKenzie will cost too much!

Jets trade up with the Raiders for #2 overall and the Raidersí second round pick*

[/b][/quote]

Put down the crack pipe.

Jordan, McKenzie and a #12 for the #2 [b]and[/b] a 2nd rounder?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone who says the jets shouldn't do this is crazy...if anyone the raiders shouldn't do this...we would get the number 2 pick which we could possibly trade down again and gain another pick and pick up taylor or we could stay and grab gallery...i would do this in a heartbeat...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 12:23 PM
    [b] anyone who says the jets shouldn't do this is crazy...if anyone the raiders shouldn't do this...we would get the number 2 pick which we could possibly trade down again and gain another pick and pick up taylor or we could stay and grab gallery...i would do this in a heartbeat... [/b][/quote]
    Word on Gallery is he is a finesse blocker...From what I've seen he is definitely not Johnathan Ogden, or Orlando Pace- but he can pass protect. As a former TE he is extremely athletic--I have a feeling he will be alright...yet there is always the Tony Mandarich factor.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 10:54 AM
    [b] I don't want the #2

Too much $$$$$$ to give a player!!!

We spent alot last year on DRob....can't afford a similar deal!! [/b][/quote]
    excellent point. If we start to amass too many draft picks between #1-5, in 3 years when the contracts are up, we will be right back in the same position as we will be next year with Abe, Ellis, & Penny.

Trade down...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    take gallery and move fabini to the right side...although i would rather trade down a few and grab taylor and an extra pick and draft o-line in the 2nd round...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by usafsuperman[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 12:11 PM
    [b] The possibilities are mind bobbling! [/b][/quote]
    is this what happens to a bobble-head?

or does it mean that you have a concussion?

or is it that you just can't get a firm grip on your brain?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no1 ever said we need to draft at #2

we could have as many as 3 trade downs from there:
    - Giants would love to come down especially if Eli is availabe
    - Then always the possibility to go way down in the draft again
    - Larry Fitz, Gallery, Eli will draw many calls if we're at #2 for a trade

no need to stay put, we can move down pick up the #2 picks and still get some1 nice!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 11:16 AM
    [b] McKenzie is worth a 2nd round pick. Jordan is a 3rd at best. So in essence, this trade would be McKenzie for OAK's 2nd rounder and our 1st and Jordan for their 1st rounder, #2 overall. There isn't a snowball chance in hell of this happening. Maybe Jordan, McKenzie and our #12 for their 1st rounder alone. [/b][/quote]
    Boozer...excellent breakdown of the deal. That is exactly what it comes down to.

I first read this and said; do it immediately. I am surprised so many fans think it is a bad deal and then I realized many of these fans didn't want to give Kareem up for the #2 overall (as ridiculous as that sounds). The Jets would take Gallery and Fabini would move to his natural RT. The line would improve IMMEDIATELY. And we'd replenish the 2nd rounder. We would not be losing all that much but rather improving in a main area.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply Amazing..A couple of "Fans" Call in and Jet Fandom talk
    like it's really true! On a side note I hear the Easter Bunny has
    a Deal with the League office that anyone that spots him his
    favorite Team gets a extra number 1 pick!! :lol:

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Apr 3 2004, 11:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Apr 3 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 10:54 AM
    [b]

We spent alot last year on DRob and the guy was a total bust....can&#39;t afford a similar deal&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Wow that was sooooo funny.

The first 600 times that you did it that is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just a rumor, its so unrealistic, and when you think about it, its not good for the JETS either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4HCrew[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 10:39 AM
    [b] Last night on WFAN a couple of callers called in with a rumors they heard with the Raiders..the trade talk was..

Jets give up Jordan,Mckenzie and the #12 for the Raiders 1st and 2nd round picks....

I remember seeing threads regarding trade talks with the Raiders but not sure if I saw this one before..

I do not have a link of anything this was just discussions on sports radio. Sorry if already posted. [/b][/quote]
    If we got the Raides first pick it would be a great deal. There is no way the Raiders give us bith picks IMHO.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn&#39;t McKenzie a RFA? If so, that shoots the rumor all to hell right out the gate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Apr 3 2004, 02:03 PM
    [b] Isn&#39;t McKenzie a RFA? If so, that shoots the rumor all to hell right out the gate. [/b][/quote]
    Why is that? We can sign and trade him or at least trade our rights to him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think this will happen, but since there are reputable posters here that are even giving this some thought, I&#39;ll share my thoughts (for whatever they are worth.

[I]you never give up proven talent for potential....

With that said, the only way the JETS do this is if they know they cant resign McKenzie and Fabini is willing to move to RT.

With that said, we hope the Chargers stay put and take someone not named Gallery or Manning. We trade down with the Gmen, acquiring and additional #2 then take Gallery at #4. Hence, O-line will be set:

Gallery, Moore, Mawae, Fuata, Fabini

With the two 2nd rounders we take:

DB-Ahmad Carroll or Sean Jones
    WR- Lee Evans or Deverey Henderson(I want a super unit)

3rd round pick up
    LB - Dontarrius Thomas

4th round
    OG - Jeb Terry

Just my two cents

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would love this trade, we could get fitz or mike williams or s.taylor or take a qb for some strange reason

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont like the trade - why? because i break it down this way

we&#39;re giving up mckensie AND our #1 for essentially Gallery (Gallery may be an upgrade, but now we can&#39;t draft the CB/S/LB we needed in the first

then we&#39;re giving up Lamont for a #2 - okay, this seems in our advantage - kind of.. say we draft the CB/LB/S that we couldn&#39;t have in the first round.. BUT now we he have a hole at backup RB we need to address..

i&#39;d rather try and sign mckensie to a long term deal and trade down our 1 and go defense

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we dont have to take gallery

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    this would force us to draft Gallery and this not settling any of are needs, draft a OT next year after we are unable to resign Mckensie b/c he wants big money

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    why do you guys think McKensie visited OAK? they never had the intention of trading their 2 overall and signing him as an RFA - not to toot my own horn but made this post several weeks ago predicting a draft day trade between these teams - the JETS need a LEFT tackle - Fabini and MacKensie are two RIGHT tackles. Terry has been chewing on the last game of the season when the OL gave up 4 sacks - Chad was getting KILLED last year - Gallery would protect CHad&#39;s blind side for YEARS and is the best OL prospect to come out since Pace.