Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's face it...Chrebet is done!

Oh and the Jets have been one of the worst teams at creating turnovers the last 2 years with only 43 total. The Pats had 41 last year alone. Turnovers are probably the single biggest difference between winning and losing in today's NFL. The Jets are in good shape because they don't give the ball away very much at all (one of the best in the league). But if you don't cause any either it puts extra pressure on your O (no short fields) and your D (on the field too much).

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by scrizzy[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:21 PM
    [b] Oh and the Jets have been one of the worst teams at creating turnovers the last 2 years with only 43 total. The Pats had 41 last year alone. Turnovers are probably the single biggest difference between winning and losing in today's NFL. The Jets are in good shape because they don't give the ball away very much at all (one of the best in the league). But if you don't cause any either it puts extra pressure on your O (no short fields) and your D (on the field too much). [/b][/quote]
    That is exactly why the JETS need more playmakers on defense to force more fumbles or intercept more passes, this is exactly why the JETS need to get a playmaker out of the first round.

Also, I do agree with your assessment that the JETS need to add depth and more talent to the wide receiver core, but they can do that in later rounds of the draft and through Free Agency.

Chrebet isn't done, its not 100%, he was fitted with a special helmut and mouth piece that protects against concussions, so he might be able to come back. He has been working out with the team, and when he's healthy he is one of the better slot receivers in the game. With his great hands, great body control, and very good quickness.

Granted Chrebet isn't 100% officially done, but even if he starts the year he's a big question mark to finish. I hope he can do it. I'm only 5'6, so I'm a big fan of the short guys gettin it done. But like you said (and I said previously), WR is a position that can be filled later and the Jets need to start creating turnovers.

good idea!

or we can get Mike Williams so we can score everytime we touch the ball!

Mike Williams will be an absolutely GREAT receiver.......if he's there at #12 sprint to the podium and turn in the card reading MIKE WILLIAMS. Do I expect him to set the league on fire right away a la Randy Moss? Hell no!!!!But I know if healthy he will help us win games, Chad will love this guy. Like L. Coles, once he gets his hands on the ball its HIS ball, no if ands or buts. I don't know about you but I miss that feeling. He plays with a chip on his shoulder much like Coles.....we need that 'tude.

I feel so strongly about this kid's ability and makeup, I will agree to be publicly caned if Mike Williams is not an AllPro by his 3rd year in the league. When it comes to Mike Williams......ideal speed be damned. This kid has great hands, great size, and is a fearless competitor.

If he's there at #12 and the Jets don't nab him I will be physcially sick for a long, long time.

All League
    While I agree with everything you said. I think we could get the same thing with Ernest Wilford later on. It's ashame Bradway and Edwards decided to trade for for McCareins then it would have been a no brainer.

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:13 PM
    [b] good idea!

or we can get Mike Williams so we can score everytime we touch the ball! [/b][/quote]
    Air Coryell . . . close but no cigar.
    Marino and the 2 Marks . . . never really got close.
    Jim Kelly and his shotgun . . . taken down by the Giant D.
    The Greatest Show . . . stopped by the 2001 Patriots.
    The unstoppable Raider offense . . . shut down by the Bucs.
    Peyton and his offensive juggernaut . . . embarrassed by the 2003 Patriots.

NFL history is littered with offensive "powers" failing against superior defenses.

As for Jets history, does anyone remember Jonny Lame Jones?
    Drafted to make our passing attack unstoppable.

but they haven't met chad yet, have they.

listen fellas, i don't think we will be a rams offense i just think MW is a big step over santan and santana wants some major bucks that we shouldn't be FORCED to give him!

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 12:04 AM
    [b] but they haven't met chad yet, have they.

listen fellas, i don't think we will be a rams offense i just think MW is a big step over santan and santana wants some major bucks that we shouldn't be FORCED to give him! [/b][/quote]
    Dan Fouts
    Dan Marino
    Jim Kelly
    Kurt Warner
    Rich Gannon
    Peyton Manning

Chad hasn't proved he has marbles as big as any of them.

Santana can't force the Jets to do anything they don't want to do.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by HBJet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 01:43 AM
    [b]
    Dan Fouts
    Dan Marino
    Jim Kelly
    Kurt Warner
    Rich Gannon
    Peyton Manning

Chad hasn't proved he has marbles as big as any of them.
    [/b][/quote]

[b]but they haven't met chad yet, have they.[/b]

We have a winner for the most ridiculous post starting off the week.

So Pennyboy can light it up for 400+ yards and 5 TD'd a game like these guys could? Right.

HB is 100% correct. A good defense will shut down a good offense 90% of the time. He also sites some great examples.

Also, didn't the Bronco's high-powered offense with the 3 Amigos get shut down in one of Denver's early Super Bowl losses?

TomShane
    BFD! You could give this team THREE first round picks and that D is still only going to be average, at best, this year! This team is going to have to score points to stay in games, and the O is closer to being good than the D is. We have one pick. Number 12. If the choice is there, take the receiver.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Apr 5 2004, 08:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Apr 5 2004, 08:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--HBJet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 01:43 AM
    [b]
    Dan Fouts
    Dan Marino
    Jim Kelly
    Kurt Warner
    Rich Gannon
    Peyton Manning

Chad hasn&#39;t proved he has marbles as big as any of them.
    [/b][/quote]

[b]but they haven&#39;t met chad yet, have they.[/b]

So Pennyboy can light it up for 400+ yards and 5 TD&#39;d a game like these guys could? Right.

HB is 100% correct. A good defense will shut down a good offense 90% of the time. He also sites some great examples.

Also, didn&#39;t the Bronco&#39;s high-powered offense with the 3 Amigos get shut down in one of Denver&#39;s early Super Bowl losses? [/b][/quote]
    im joking guys&#33; you&#39;re all absolutely right, he hasn&#39;t proved anything&#33; BUT my point is, we all know he is good and has potential to be great so get him the WR to do it&#33; JMac is a good #2 and Moss is too small to be HIS #1. Moss can be a #1 somewhere else but not for Chad b.c he needs a big boy that can grab that ball in traffic. There is no reason to be forced to give Santana his money. There should be a choice and some depth behind them if you have the chance to get some1 like Mike.

Now w/ the Jamie situation they may be forced into drafting a CB #12

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad+Apr 5 2004, 11:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Chad @ Apr 5 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@Apr 5 2004, 08:56 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--HBJet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 01:43 AM
    [b]
    Dan Fouts
    Dan Marino
    Jim Kelly
    Kurt Warner
    Rich Gannon
    Peyton Manning

Chad hasn&#39;t proved he has marbles as big as any of them.
    [/b][/quote]

[b]but they haven&#39;t met chad yet, have they.[/b]

So Pennyboy can light it up for 400+ yards and 5 TD&#39;d a game like these guys could? Right.

Also, didn&#39;t the Bronco&#39;s high-powered offense with the 3 Amigos get shut down in one of Denver&#39;s early Super Bowl losses? [/b][/quote]
    im joking guys&#33; you&#39;re all absolutely right, he hasn&#39;t proved anything&#33; BUT my point is, we all know he is good and has potential to be great so get him the WR to do it&#33; JMac is a good #2 and Moss is too small to be HIS #1. Moss can be a #1 somewhere else but not for Chad b.c he needs a big boy that can grab that ball in traffic. There is no reason to be forced to give Santana his money. There should be a choice and some depth behind them if you have the chance to get some1 like Mike.

Now w/ the Jamie situation they may be forced into drafting a CB #12 [/b][/quote]
    so are you also saying that a guy like steve smith because he is not a 6-3 wr is not capable of being a # 1 ? size doesnt mean as much as it has in the past in regard to the wr position anymore - many great wr in the league that are under 6ft now

absolutely, they have - that&#39;s not what I said&#33;

read what i said again, for CHAD to be successful, especially in the West coast offense - he needs the big WR. Steve Smith is successful b/c Delhomme is a gun-slinger, which Chad is not. Chad needs to move the chains consitantly to be successful while Jake can bomb it 75 yds (ask the Pats)