Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This may be the guy

Patman, I totally agree with you about Shivers. I can't understand why he would drop to the 4th round. But check out the mock drafts, he's consistantly going in late 3rd at best, but mainly 4th. I guess the reason why is he's poor in coverage. But the hits he lays on people makes up for that. If he's around in the 4th round, he's a steal.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Look

I like the Gators...have seen them play many times
    Root for them when they play everyone except USC...I'm a Clemson fan

But that doesn't take away from the fact that if
    we..the Jets...draft this guy in the 1st round....
    I might just have to go up to NY and land a
    haymaker to the side of TB's head!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 06:51 AM
    [b] I love Dunta Robinson...he has the potential to be a star. He is a bit of a reach at 12, but if the Jets trade down and hes available....they have to take him, with Henderson grooming him hes going to be a star. [/b][/quote]
    Reach?

Kiper has him going in the top 10 in his latest mock.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by HBJet+Apr 4 2004, 07:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (HBJet @ Apr 4 2004, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TheBrodyMan[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 06:51 AM
    [b] I love Dunta Robinson...he has the potential to be a star. He is a bit of a reach at 12, but if the Jets trade down and hes available....they have to take him, with Henderson grooming him hes going to be a star. [/b][/quote]
    Reach?

Kiper has him going in the top 10 in his latest mock. [/b][/quote]
    So whatever Kiper says is absolutely correct?

If you are putting Robinson in the top 10, you are saying he has the potential of Terrence Newman, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Marcus Trufant, Chris McAllister, etc.

Point is, he has the potential but didnt prove in college he is at these youngsters levels. That is why it is a reach.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Apr 4 2004, 04:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Apr 4 2004, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -HBJet@Apr 4 2004, 07:48 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--TheBrodyMan[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 06:51 AM
    Reach?

If you are putting Robinson in the top 10, you are saying he has the potential of Terrence Newman, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Marcus Trufant, Chris McAllister, etc.

Point is, he has the potential but didnt prove in college he is at these youngsters levels. That is why it is a reach. [/b][/quote]
    McCallister coming out of college was a big uncertainty.

No one denied his great athleticism, but in no way was he a polished player, Kiper said McCallister was a big reach at nine for the Ravens.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Apr 4 2004, 08:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsD-Mastermind @ Apr 4 2004, 08:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -TheBrodyMan@Apr 4 2004, 04:39 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -HBJet@Apr 4 2004, 07:48 PM
    Reach?

Point is, he has the potential but didnt prove in college he is at these youngsters levels. That is why it is a reach. [/b][/quote]

No one denied his great athleticism, but in no way was he a polished player, Kiper said McCallister was a big reach at nine for the Ravens. [/b][/quote]
    That supports my argument about Kiper...whatever he says doesnt hold true.

Robinson is very similar to McAllister in that he has the potential to be a star...but there is a lot of uncertainty regarding him as a top 12 pick.

If the Jets absolutely love him, then they have to pick him 12...but there is also a good chance of him dropping a few picks.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Apr 4 2004, 04:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Apr 4 2004, 04:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -JetsD-Mastermind@Apr 4 2004, 08:43 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -TheBrodyMan@Apr 4 2004, 04:39 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -HBJet@Apr 4 2004, 07:48 PM
    Reach?

No one denied his great athleticism, but in no way was he a polished player, Kiper said McCallister was a big reach at nine for the Ravens. [/b][/quote]
    That supports my argument about Kiper...whatever he says doesnt hold true.

Robinson is very similar to McAllister in that he has the potential to be a star...but there is a lot of uncertainty regarding him as a top 12 pick.

If the Jets absolutely love him, then they have to pick him 12...but there is also a good chance of him dropping a few picks. [/b][/quote]
    The issue isn&#39;t whether Kiper is 100% correct, the point is a number of experts now have Robinson going in the top 12 picks OR better.

So if the Jets want him there will be no assurance he can be obtained if they drop down EXCEPT if there is a QB available at 12 and Buffalo wants to trade up 1 to get him.

In that event I would certainly drop down 1 to pick up a #3 pick.

Well if you are talking athleticism, lets draft [b]Chris Gamble[/b]. He&#39;s got size, he&#39;s extremely athletic, just unpolished at his position. I have a feeling Gamble is going to be the guy we draft.

Not Gamble. No way.

I dont want him, but I keep reading stuff that says the Jets are high on him. I have a bad feeling we will take him.

Veteran
    Seen him play against us (UF) - he can be an impact player - if we can trade doen and grab someones 1st and 2nd and still get him in the first - 20th - would be a steal &#33;&#33;&#33;