Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This Herm's Last Chance

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no room for 'complacency" in the NFL. That was a sissy- b*tch response. You think the Patriot's were complacent about winning the SB? You really think they were complacent with their SB victory over the Rams? They were hungry and it paid off. 2 titles in three years. I've watched them go to the SB 4 times in my lifetime, winnning it these last two. Their FO has got their sh*t together. They just keep replacing components in their system and keep succeeding.

Bradway needs to get a clue. It's more than just making draft day deals and saving cap space. His attitude sucks. Don't get me wrong, he's made some smart moves THIS offseason,but he's still wiping egg off his face from Winfield, and I'm sure him not being in town for Lynch was a big help trying to lure him in NY.

Bradway just doesn't sound like a winner. He sounds politically correct. He says the right things and makes 'safe' or 'value' decesions. He needs some balls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 01:08 PM
    [b] :ph34r: we're not Miami....the Jets will win at least ten games and make the playoffs.....Dolphins fans are still feeling the effects of 2003.....that was their last chance...that team is changing..and not for the better. [/b][/quote]

freak, your kidding, right?

The Jets have so far "marginally" improved the team from last year.

So you think you will go from 6-10 to 10-6? :blink:

Right. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Apr 4 2004, 05:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Apr 4 2004, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 01:08 PM
    [b] :ph34r: we&#39;re not Miami....the Jets will win at least ten games and make the playoffs.....Dolphins fans are still feeling the effects of 2003.....that was their last chance...that team is changing..and not for the better. [/b][/quote]

freak, your kidding, right?

The Jets have so far "marginally" improved the team from last year.

So you think you will go from 6-10 to 10-6? :blink:

Right. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Lets say...had Penny been the QB from the beginning...the Jets would have been 9-7

So if we improved a game or 2...that&#39;s enough&#33;&#33;

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is everyone on the hot seat except the guy supposedly making the decisions on the field?

Isn&#39;t herm involved with game planning? I suppose some of you believe he just lets his coordinators handle that. After all that&#39;s the way the good coaches do it. Just ask Big and Baby Bill.

Sure we had some over the hill players the last few years but do they have to play, let alone start. NO&#33; Let&#39;s fit square pegs into round holes and make them play a defense they&#39;re not suited for. Let&#39;s leave our young guys on the bench until there&#39;s an injury and we have no choice but to play them.

Let&#39;s use our time outs in the 3rd quarter and hope we won&#39;t need them in the 4th.

Let&#39;s get new players and use a new defense this year because the one we used the past three years didn&#39;t work with the players we had then. Then we can blame someone else for this years failure.

As far as motivation goes see the Bills. Herm is nothing but hot air.

We&#39;re going no where as long as he&#39;s coach. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:34 PM
    [b]
    Lets say...had Penny been the QB from the beginning...the Jets would have been 9-7

So if we improved a game or 2...that&#39;s enough&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

Pure conjecture JonE.

VT played well while he was in there.

I can&#39;t believe the number of people on this board that blame him for the 0-4 start.

Other than possibly the Skins game, Penny would have lost the other games as well.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:39 PM
    [b]

Pure conjecture JonE.

VT played well while he was in there.

I can&#39;t believe the number of people on this board that blame him for the 0-4 start.

Other than possibly the Skins game, Penny would have lost the other games as well. [/b][/quote]
    :wub: God I love you TX........... :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kyhangdog[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 08:53 AM
    [b] Let&#39;s say the Jets miss the playoffs this year. Will Herm be given another reprieve? I say no. It&#39;s do or die for both him and Hackett. [/b][/quote]
    Haven&#39;t you heard? They&#39;re on the 7-year plan. :( No playoffs=buh bye TB. If Herm dosen&#39;t improve on the clock, he&#39;s out, too. JMO, and I hate to start over just for the sake of it, but you must continue to show improvement. After 2 playoff appearances, a bump in the road is tolerable. It can&#39;t become a trend, though. In the end, it&#39;s Woody&#39;s decision, but I hope he sees it the same as me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:39 PM
    [b]

Other than possibly the Skins game, Penny would have lost the other games as well. [/b][/quote]
    Pure conjecture Tex

You and i know we would have been at LEAST a 9-7 or better team.

Vinny played well.....but the team was lethargic under his leadership....that&#39;s why he is joining you in Texas.

Our defense sucked last year...we&#39;ve addressed that problem.

You know we&#39;re not that far off.....being that our 3rd string WR would be your #1 guy....anything could happen&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:55 PM
    [b]

You know we&#39;re not that far off.....being that our 3rd string WR would be your #1 guy....anything could happen&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

Which one of the 9 receivers are you referring to? ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:41 PM
    [b]
    :wub: God I love you TX........... :P [/b][/quote]
    ;) ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Apr 4 2004, 06:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Apr 4 2004, 06:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:41 PM
    [b]
    ;) ;) [/b][/quote]
    Gay love is just sooooooooo special :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny when you think about it..Both Herm and Belicheck when
    they started were the recipient of QB&#39;s that the Tuna had either
    Drafted or dealt for&#33; But Belicheck won with a QB that he drafted
    in the 6th rd&#33; John Fox got his from the Saints&#33;&#33; With the gifts that
    were left by the last regime like the 2 QB&#39;s and the 4 No.1&#39;s, could
    a Staff that had a Clue have done better than 10-6 and 9-7 that is
    constantly being bragged about for making the playoff&#39;s?? <_<
    Well that&#39;s why this Season to me will show if we have contenders
    or pretender&#39;s leading this Franchise&#33; ;)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+Apr 4 2004, 06:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ Apr 4 2004, 06:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@Apr 4 2004, 06:09 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:41 PM
    [b]
    ;) ;) [/b][/quote]
    Gay love is just sooooooooo special :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> First you accused me of being a Pats fan, now you are accusing me of being a man......what&#39;s up with that JonE......... :(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Herm is such a good motivator, than why have we started the last two years in the sh*tter. This team rarely plays with emotion.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don&#39;t want to hear the phrase "NOT GELLING" If they don&#39;t gel, it&#39;s the head coach&#39;s fault. Every team has to deal with new players being added into the mix. The hated pats never have trouble gelling.

Gellin&#39; like a felon, that&#39;s on Herm&#33;

TomShane
    Herman should have been executed at the Bye Week last season, IMO. He called Woody and Terry out in public and made them look like a bunch of horse&#39;s asses. If the team gets off to a 2-4, 3-5 type of start, all you Hermaphrodites can eat my s**t, and Herman&#39;s head should be smashed through a plate glass window and out into the parking lot.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Herm&#39;s tenure the team has never had a good start to the season & the run defense has sucked&#33;.

If there is another repetition of the above, Herm should be fired.

If its another sub 500 season, Herm should be fired.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if we suck this season, I don&#39;t think Herm should get the axe. Paul Hackett definitely should, regardless of what Chad Pennington wants. I say Herm deserves a chance with an offensive coordinater that isn&#39;t a complete and utter idiot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 07:58 PM
    [b]Even if we suck this season, I don&#39;t think Herm should get the axe. Paul Hackett definitely should, regardless of what Chad Pennington wants. I say Herm deserves a chance with an offensive coordinater that isn&#39;t a complete and utter idiot.[/b][/quote]
    Teddy took the Fall this year and Hackett takes it next year??LOL
    Why not fire the Guy who hired them?? Hermie&#33;&#33; ;)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 08:23 PM
    [b]
    Teddy took the Fall this year and Hackett takes it next year??LOL
    Why not fire the Guy who hired them?? Hermie&#33;&#33; ;)[/b][/quote]
    i AGREE :rolleyes: