Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is This Herm's Last Chance

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If I recall correctly, TB did ALL the hiring, not Herm. Wasn't he around before Herm? Regardless, they all need to step up.

I was with Herm from the start, but he dosen't get 7 yrs from me. Gimme a playoff W or I'm with the Tear It Down And Begin Again Crowd.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: Herm sux???? U Yahoos high or something...u are basing that on the 2003 season? You already forgot about the 2002 season? Get off the damn crack! Look at the nfl coaches ...spme of u yahoos say you would rather Bill Cowher than Herm...Cowher is a good coach but herm outcoached him last year......u make it seem like Herm is terrible.....thats abunch of croc.

U are also saying the Jets will be 6-10?????? To the Chowds....how do u think u will do???? :blink: The Jets have gotten better and I look around the league ...how can I not feel that the Jets will be good in 2004....you Chowds lost the interior of your d-line and two o-linemen...thats a heckuva loss.....all I see is your theories about the Jets.......worry about your team.

Edwards getting this team to 6-10 last year with all the injuries and FA defections was a good coaching job. Look at the reality of last year's situation for christ sakes.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: I gotta agree with Savage....2004 will show the real deal....I'm optimistic but this season will say it all...if we are for real.

Get hall in the draft...that won't hurt. ;)

All League
    New York fans can only see the negatives of 2002-2003, and hate on the bad situation we were in last year. (Offseason raid, Chad injury)

Of course they think Herm's a bad coach, whatever. I dont remember Chad starting 0-4 in 2002-2003 either. Typical NY nature.

Herm isnt the best coach, no s**t, hes not the smartest, no s**t. But when I look around and see what else people have, I'm not clamoring for a coach who took us to the playoffs 2 of his first 3 years to be fired.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: dammit Icer but u are correct....I look at the success and also the negatives but unlike many, I don't harp on the negative....I remember the 2002 classic turnaround...the must win over Green Bay (who we destroyed) The sad thing is that after we beat the hell outta the packers, some of you were saying that the Packers were washed up (even in a win u are negative) The Packers did show that they were not dead in 2003. I still remeber the 41-0 shellacking of the Colts (any of you remeber that???)

2003 was hell from that pre season giants game and the defections.....I don't care who was coaching...u lose those players and your QB and not having Evans/Donnie Abraham/Jon McGraw etc etc etc.....I mean damn. But to constantly see Jets fans saying that our coach (yes OUR coach) is like the worst is assanine...I live in Florida and I many Fish fans here in my office crack up when I am online and they see how many Jets fans bash Herm!!! They are like "we'll trade you wanstadt for Herm any day!!"

the 2004 Jets is goona look like years better than 2003.

Get Hall at # 12

All League
    Yep, I live down here in Miami, Florida and all they do is rag on Wanny. If they knew how the Jet fans thought of there coach they'd be shocked since they'd all rather have him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Icer[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 02:18 AM
    [b]Yep, I live down here in Miami, Florida and all they do is rag on Wanny. If they knew how the Jet fans thought of there coach they'd be shocked since they'd all rather have him.[/b][/quote]
    Not true. I live down here in Lauderdale and although most have called for Bumstedts head, Herm would not be considered an upgrade. The Mullets traditionally start off 5-1, 6-2 in Sept & Oct. I wonder what they would do under Herm. <_<