Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Flyers fans

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on taking the Atlantic, and hopefully we'll see you guys again in a round or two

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought they'd give the lead up like last year, but they got the home-field advantage. It won't get them far, though. Just their luck to draw the Stanley Cup Champs.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    It all begins in Philly on Thursday night!!! Go F'ers!!!

    T-Mac: Give me a call. We need to make a friendly wager. xoxoxo

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Apr 4 2004, 08:28 PM
    Thought they'd give the lead up like last year, but they got the home-field advantage. It won't get them far, though. Just their luck to draw the Stanley Cup Champs.
    Time to put the demons to bed!!!

    If they dont, then it is time to revamp the whole team, get rid of every non North American player, and any other player who wears a face shield, bring in a bunch of goons and play some old time hockey.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Holmdel
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
    April 7, 2004
    VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) -- Flyers defenseman Eric Desjardins will miss the NHL playoffs after a metal plate protecting his injured right arm broke while he was playing catch with his son.

    Desjardins returned to Philadelphia's lineup for the final three games of the regular season after breaking his right forearm Jan. 17. A plate was inserted into his arm to strengthen it while the bone healed.

    Gang Green Girl
    Bad news for your Flyers. For you guys to win Esche is the one on the spot. He has to prove he can match and top Brodeur in goal. With Stevens still being out though that is a big advantage for the Flyers.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 7 2004, 12:55 PM
    By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
    April 7, 2004
    VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) -- Flyers defenseman Eric Desjardins will miss the NHL playoffs after a metal plate protecting his injured right arm broke while he was playing catch with his son.

    Desjardins returned to Philadelphia's lineup for the final three games of the regular season after breaking his right forearm Jan. 17. A plate was inserted into his arm to strengthen it while the bone healed.

    Gang Green Girl
    Bad news for your Flyers. For you guys to win Esche is the one on the spot. He has to prove he can match and top Brodeur in goal. With Stevens still being out though that is a big advantage for the Flyers.
    Holy crap! I didn't know this!!! Desjardins has been out for two months....you would think that the guy would be a little more careful. For cryin' out loud, can't he send his wife in the backyard to throw the baseball around with his son? He should know better.......Not good news....we're WEAK on Defense to begin with....we really need him.

    We have rotten luck. Getting the Devs in the first round sure doesn't help.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    I invited Brashear to our tailgate party on wednesday. Can you find out his favorite cocktail?

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Apr 7 2004, 03:10 PM
    I invited Brashear to our tailgate party on wednesday. Can you find out his favorite cocktail?
    Brash reached a plea deal this week, no DWI on record. He took a plea on failing to take breath test and unsafe driving, no license for 180 days.

    As far as Desjardins, how do you play 3 games in the NHL, then break the plate having a catch with your kid? I heard a rumor he was on motorcycle with Henderson, still trying to confirm...

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Holmdel
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does not seem to make sense that you can break a metal plate playing with your 3 year old son (a little wiffle ball perhaps) and were able to play 3 games with that same condition!
    Maybe it is me but I do not get it.
    He either is making up the story or he is Mr. brittle.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 7 2004, 03:33 PM
    It does not seem to make sense that you can break a metal plate playing with your 3 year old son (a little wiffle ball perhaps) and were able to play 3 games with that same condition!
    Maybe it is me but I do not get it.
    He either is making up the story or he is Mr. brittle.
    I hear ya...I find it hard to believe myself. But if you're gonna lie at least make it a good one. This sounds too.....circa Brian Griese...."I tripped over the dog and tumbled down the stairs". C'mon!!!

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Holmdel
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Ranger fan I have no rooting interest for either Flyers or Devils-I just like to watch hockey especially playoff time . This is a really good match up-
    If Flyers lose one of their opening two home games I do not think they win this series-the pressure is on!

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 8 2004, 08:45 AM
    As a Ranger fan I have no rooting interest for either Flyers or Devils-I just like to watch hockey especially playoff time . This is a really good match up-
    If Flyers lose one of their opening two home games I do not think they win this series-the pressure is on!
    Dude, as a Rangers fan, you should be rootin' for a new GM and owner.

    Flyboys in 7 with two double OTs...just to give me a nervous breakdown.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Holmdel
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Believe me GGG I was calling for Sather's head 2 years ago for ruining this team with overpaid lazy old players.
    As for the double O.T games there is nothing more exciting and nerve-wrecking for me to watch as O.T in hockey.
    At least if you are get those double O.T games it gives you more time to party and drink!

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 8 2004, 02:30 PM
    Believe me GGG I was calling for Sather's head 2 years ago for ruining this team with overpaid lazy old players.
    As for the double O.T games there is nothing more exciting and nerve-wrecking for me to watch as O.T in hockey.
    At least if you are get those double O.T games it gives you more time to party and drink!
    I'd rather get a good night's sleep than to stay up all night drowning my sorrows...in a big bucket of tears. :lol: I am used to the disappointment. But not this year....I await the Cup!!!

    Oh man...just when I thought the Blewshirts can't get any worse, they find a way to surprise me. I must admit, nothing gives me more pleasure than watching a Rangers fan SUFFER.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 8 2004, 09:45 AM
    If Flyers lose one of their opening two home games I do not think they win this series-the pressure is on!
    One got away, thanks in part to that last icing call. <_< We&#39;ve been down to this team before, so we still got history on our side and lots of hockey left to play. Go Devs&#33;

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Holmdel
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Flyers were hanging on in the 3rd period-they really were lucky to hold on to 3-0 lead. The Devils will always have a problem scoring goals-that is nothing new -their key has always been Brodeur-the main reason they have won the Stanley Cup. For one game Esche outplayed him-lets see if can do it over the course of the series.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us