Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '04 Draft...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can the Jets possibly f*ck up this year's draft? It's hard to imagine such a scenario, especially with amount of quality and depth of this years draft. There are several areas of need on both sides of the ball.

The offense NEEDS to solidify the line for this team to make the playoffs. We need to obtain a starting OG out of the draft, at the very least. Some depth couldn't hurt.

We need a starter at either CB or S. Depth issues are also concerning. Having a playmaker in the group would have a huge impact on the defense.

LB is also a need, but not a dire one. I'm comfortable with the starters we have penciled in. It would depend on who's available. Remeber, Hobson was a second round pick. He's a one tough motherf*cker!

My gut tells me, from previous drafts, the Jets have the potential to. . .

Draft a TE in the first round. :blink:

Give up too much to trade up. :huh:

Draft a guy I've NEVER heard of. Ever. :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JETSET47[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:08 PM
    [b] How can the Jets possibly f*ck up this year's draft? [/b][/quote]
    [b][SIZE=3]They will find a way ! :( [/SIZE][/b]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two Words...Chris Gamble

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not even funny.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Gamble isn't THAT bad...he's not worth the 12th pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamble isn't even first round material. I just hope they don't take a chance on Winslow Jr. No TE in the first round! None. never.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling we are going to draft Chris Gamble. Not saying thats who I want, I would like one of the WR's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winslow is a great pick if he is around at 12. Becht is a UFA next year and Baker is a RFA. We could be in need of a TE. The only move I don't want is a OG in round 1.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i want Hall or Vilma Gamble isa bust and we can use some one to replace coward in a year or 2 and if we move down pick Vilma we can grab sean jones in the second round

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Acceptale Picks at the #12 Spot?

DeAngelo Hall CB
    Roy Williams WR
    Mike Williams WR
    and
    Winslow Jr TE (if he fell)

No other player likely available at #12 is actually WORTH the #12 Pick.

If the Jets REFUSE to take any of the above four players OR all four are already gone, then the JETS have NO CHOICE but to try to trade down for more picks.

Taking any of the other likely available O-Guard/LB/Safety/CB's other than these 4 is fine at pick #25, NOT at #12.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing wrong with your logic, but your not factoring in the offseason moves the Jets already have made.

CB and safety, in the mind of the front office, are not a pressing concern at the moment. The Jets paid Barrett more then starter money, they paid him quasi star money. He will start.

Abraham is a better then average CB. He will start. Mickens is a good nickel.

Tongue was also paid a fair amount of money. Starter money. I like the acquisition, he will start. Herm likes McGraw. he will start.

Jets locked up their starting LB corp. Barton, Cowart, Hobson. Actually doesn't look to bad with Abraham taking his hand off the ground in certain situations.

On offense, the pick up of McCareins, I thought was a great move. Moss of course is the other starter. BTW the Jets have started talking to Moss' agent about an extension. IMO if Boston works out in Miami, Moss stays with the Jets. If not, Moss will be sleeping with the Fishes. Just my opinion.

Behind Moss and McCareins, is a big ???????????

If BAP is a WR, the Jets will take him.

Normally I would reech at the idea of using both our 1st and 2nd picks on WR's, In this case I might go for it. I believe keeping Moss might be a problem. I believe Boston is a major A-hole. I also think the Jets are doing the right thing by talking to him now before the jury is in on Boston.

The other need position will be OG. I suspect they are going to go the same route they went last year by picking up a late, vetern FA, then draft one in the mid to late rounds. Hope they do better with their FA then they did last year.

If the Jets stay a 12. they almost have to go BAP, that will be a WR

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you have to put Wilfork in the mix if he falls. Fergy and Reed are both UFA after this year and we all saw how bad we were VS the run. Evans & Robertson play the 3-tech and josh only has one year left on his deal so DT looks like a need to me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 06:55 PM
    [b] Acceptale Picks at the #12 Spot?

DeAngelo Hall CB
    Roy Williams WR
    Mike Williams WR
    and
    Winslow Jr TE (if he fell)

No other player likely available at #12 is actually WORTH the #12 Pick.

If the Jets REFUSE to take any of the above four players OR all four are already gone, then the JETS have NO CHOICE but to try to trade down for more picks.

Taking any of the other likely available O-Guard/LB/Safety/CB's other than these 4 is fine at pick #25, NOT at #12. [/b][/quote]
    Nice take, I totally agree with you.

TomShane
    The question:::

[quote][b]How can the Jets possibly f*ck up this year's draft?[/b][/quote]

The answer:::

[img]http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/NFL/56_Bradway.JPG[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:30 PM
    [b] Two Words...Chris Gamble [/b][/quote]
    great point! there's the f**k up right there

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can screw it up by listening to fantasy draft fans and going WR in the first round, that's how. LB, DB, and OL all the way. Darrius Watts in the later rounds and I'll be happy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they take Roy or Mike in the 1st and i'll be a very happy man

and guess what, all you WR, 1st round haters - you'll be very happy when the guy will be a pro-bowler in 2 yrs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:38 PM
    [b] they take Roy or Mike in the 1st and i'll be a very happy man

and guess what, all you WR, 1st round haters - you'll be very happy when the guy will be a pro-bowler in 2 yrs. [/b][/quote]
    No, I'll be happy when my team wins the Super Bowl, F*** the Pro-Bowl. How many Pro-Bowl WR's were in either the AFC or NFC Conference game? I'll tell you it was only [b]1[/b]. That's right. Guess how many made the Super Bowl? C'mon take a wild guess. Any number please just guess. If you said [b]0[/b], then you'd be correct.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:38 PM
    [b] they take Roy or Mike in the 1st and i'll be a very happy man

and guess what, all you WR, 1st round haters - you'll be very happy when the guy will be a pro-bowler in 2 yrs. [/b][/quote]
    Not if we finish 8-8 because of the absence of defensive stoppers .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag+Apr 4 2004, 10:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jetlag @ Apr 4 2004, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Chad[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:38 PM
    [b] they take Roy or Mike in the 1st and i&#39;ll be a very happy man

and guess what, all you WR, 1st round haters - you&#39;ll be very happy when the guy will be a pro-bowler in 2 yrs. [/b][/quote]
    No, I&#39;ll be happy when my team wins the Super Bowl, F*** the Pro-Bowl. How many Pro-Bowl WR&#39;s were in either the AFC or NFC Conference game? I&#39;ll tell you it was only [b]1[/b]. That&#39;s right. Guess how many made the Super Bowl? C&#39;mon take a wild guess. Any number please just guess. If you said [b]0[/b], then you&#39;d be correct. [/b][/quote]
    great point&#33;

now here&#39;s the answer:

the two teams that did make the super bowl, were they better on D or on O? - i&#39;ll let u answer
    the jets, are they better on O or on D, where is their franchise player? - i&#39;ll let you answer

that being said, let&#39;s make this a 5 yr plan while Chad is still Chad - who will make you stronger?