Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '04 Draft...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad+Apr 4 2004, 10:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Chad @ Apr 4 2004, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Jetlag@Apr 4 2004, 10:42 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--The Chad[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:38 PM
    [b] they take Roy or Mike in the 1st and i&#39;ll be a very happy man

and guess what, all you WR, 1st round haters - you&#39;ll be very happy when the guy will be a pro-bowler in 2 yrs. [/b][/quote]
    No, I&#39;ll be happy when my team wins the Super Bowl, F*** the Pro-Bowl. How many Pro-Bowl WR&#39;s were in either the AFC or NFC Conference game? I&#39;ll tell you it was only [b]1[/b]. That&#39;s right. Guess how many made the Super Bowl? C&#39;mon take a wild guess. Any number please just guess. If you said [b]0[/b], then you&#39;d be correct. [/b][/quote]
    great point&#33;

now here&#39;s the answer:

the two teams that did make the super bowl, were they better on D or on O? - i&#39;ll let u answer
    the jets, are they better on O or on D, where is their franchise player? - i&#39;ll let you answer

that being said, let&#39;s make this a 5 yr plan while Chad is still Chad - who will make you stronger? [/b][/quote]
    Your logic is faulty. Just because our "Franchise" is on offense doesn&#39;t mean that&#39;s the way to get to the Super Bowl. As you have just pointed out both teams got there on defense and without one we&#39;re toast, give up the WR dreams, it&#39;s not the way to get us in the big game. The Colts had Manning and Harrison, a tandem which will go down in record books and in the HOF, how many Super Bowls have they been to?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like someone else already said.

Chris Gamble

Im gonna go out on the limb and say the same applies to Deangelo Hall. This is guy is all speed and hype. He got burnt countless times in every game i watched him play.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: ok in Herms three years...which draft has been so F***ed up???

U make us sound like the pre Marvin Lewis Bengals.....where have the Jets screwed up the darft recently????

The Jets will go with D-Hall at #12

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DE94Abraham[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 11:26 PM
    [b] Like someone else already said.

Chris Gamble

Im gonna go out on the limb and say the same applies to Deangelo Hall. This is guy is all speed and hype. He got burnt countless times in every game i watched him play. [/b][/quote]
    Neither of these guys should be taken with the 12th pick of the draft. The 12th pick of the draft should project out as an All-Pro in 2 to 4 years. I don&#39;t see that happening with any CB in this draft. I keep trying to like Hall but the guy has crap shoot written all over him.

The Jets should look and see who is on the board when they come up. If Fitz, Mike W or Roy W they should bite the bullet and grab him. If they are all gone the Jets should trade down with Dallas pick up a 2nd rounder. Then they can gamble on a CB.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: Take a look at all the best DB&#39;s that will go in the first round....which one of them have not been beaten????? :blink: :blink:

Take Hall at # 12

Nuff Said

If not then we can take that non existing DB that was never beaten in his college career. :P

Someone made a comment about Hall getting burnt by Larry Fitzgerald in 2003 and by Andre Johnson in 2002....huh??? Did you also see Hall against the Hurricanes in 2003 when the Hokies routed the Canes????

It&#39;s silly to make judgements by the negative plays in his career....I have watched hall for awhile....the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 05:30 PM
    [b] Two Words...Chris Gamble [/b][/quote]
    thank you&#33;&#33;&#33;

finally someone with some sense. i swear if the jets draft gamble ill throw a chicken wing at my TV. if hes the BPA trade down for the love of god. i think dunta has the potential to be a much better pro player.

IMO we should give up anything it takes to get shawn taylor though. id give this years 1st, 4th and next years 2nd. he is gonna be a god and i would praise him.