Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one against WR in the first?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by HBJet+Apr 4 2004, 11:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (HBJet @ Apr 4 2004, 11:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -bitonti@Apr 4 2004, 11:36 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Jetlag[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:38 PM
    [b] Have any of you learned nothing from our northern neighbors? [/b][/quote]
    screw the northern neighbors - just cause they won the SB on smoke and mirrors doesn&#39;t mean that&#39;s the only way to win a SB. [/b][/quote]
    Never been done without a superior defense. [/b][/quote]
    Sure it has, take the 99 Rams. They still had an above average defense. Not only that but their offensive line was pretty sick along with one of the best RB&#39;s of all time and a QB who was simply on fire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We did not trade for McCaerins to then draft another WR high in this draft, that&#39;s just f@cking silly.

Moss & McCaerins are legit, enough with the silly thoughts we&#39;ll draft a WR at #12, it&#39;s not happening regardless of who is on the board at that time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    just wanted to clear a few things up:

1) I was watching the jets last year and they were easily better than the Vikes and Niners - both teams play in a s**t division
    2) I&#39;m not saying any of these guys can be 1/2 of what jerry rice was, im saying a great WR can be a difference -maker
    3) I think what people&#39;s misconception is that we want to overhaul the WR corp. Im talking about letting moss go - he hasn&#39;t shown enough reliability to get that kind of money and i think he will be RESTRICTED, so tell him to go somewhere else where he can help some1 else while we get the pick. I&#39;m serious, let Mike or Roy be #3 for the next 2 yrs then trade Moss for a Def. stud or a major hole. Plan for the future boyz, chrebet is one hit away from the morgue as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m with you, I&#39;m totally against getting a WR in this year&#39;s first unless his name is Roy or Larry.

Reggie & Mike, dont impress me to the level that I feel we should throw away the opportunity to improve our Defense with. (Wilfork or Hall)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    both of them do though, but if we&#39;re desperately in need of D we can pass on reggie, but not Mike&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag+Apr 4 2004, 11:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jetlag @ Apr 4 2004, 11:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -HBJet@Apr 4 2004, 11:51 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -bitonti@Apr 4 2004, 11:36 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Jetlag[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:38 PM
    [b] Have any of you learned nothing from our northern neighbors? [/b][/quote]
    screw the northern neighbors - just cause they won the SB on smoke and mirrors doesn&#39;t mean that&#39;s the only way to win a SB. [/b][/quote]
    Never been done without a superior defense. [/b][/quote]
    Sure it has, take the 99 Rams. They still had an above average defense. Not only that but their offensive line was pretty sick along with one of the best RB&#39;s of all time and a QB who was simply on fire. [/b][/quote]
    1999 Rams gave up only 15.1 points per game.
    Won the NFC Championship by giving up 6 points.

That is SUPERIOR defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:53 PM
    [b] I just have a funny feeling Reggie Williams is this years Jerry Rice

This Years Dan Marino

Know what I mean.......not the first at his position to be drafted.....but may be the best of the bunch&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Personally I&#39;m a little leary of that particular Williams brother.

I&#39;m all about Lee Evans and Rashaun Woods, personally. I&#39;ve liked what I&#39;ve heard about Mike Clayton lately too.

To me the big mystery of the draft is Rashaun Woods.... how the hell is he NOT a top 15 player? I mean, can someone explain this to me?

I don&#39;t see him ending up in a Pats uni, but I&#39;d be elated if it happened.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour+Apr 5 2004, 03:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (RichardSeymour @ Apr 5 2004, 03:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 10:53 PM
    [b] I just have a funny feeling Reggie Williams is this years Jerry Rice

This Years Dan Marino

Know what I mean.......not the first at his position to be drafted.....but may be the best of the bunch&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Personally I&#39;m a little leary of that particular Williams brother.

I&#39;m all about Lee Evans and Rashaun Woods, personally. I&#39;ve liked what I&#39;ve heard about Mike Clayton lately too.

To me the big mystery of the draft is Rashaun Woods.... how the hell is he NOT a top 15 player? I mean, can someone explain this to me?

I don&#39;t see him ending up in a Pats uni, but I&#39;d be elated if it happened. [/b][/quote]
    Im with ya on the Rashaun Woods thing...He will be the Steal of the Draft...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Apr 4 2004, 11:58 PM
    [b] We did not trade for McCaerins to then draft another WR high in this draft, that&#39;s just f@cking silly.

Moss & McCaerins are legit, enough with the silly thoughts we&#39;ll draft a WR at #12, it&#39;s not happening regardless of who is on the board at that time. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly - that second-rounder we spent on McCareins was essentially the Jets "drafting" a WR.

The Jets will NOT draft an offensive player at #12 and if they do, they are irretrievably stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok just to play devils advocate

the last team to win the super bowl who didn&#39;t primarily play a 3 WR set was the 2000 run first Ray Lewis Baltimore Ravens.

Money is made at the NFL level with the matchup of #3 WR against Nickel Back. Our #3 is one good hit from living the next 5 years in a room with the lights off and the shades drawn.

Im not saying they HAVE to take a WR at 12, but if Mike Williams fell, why not? Best Available Player means Best Available Player.

oh and [b]5ever[/b] the only irrevocably stupid move is made by those who don&#39;t know jack and make blanket statements out of their ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 11:03 AM
    [b]

oh and [b]5ever[/b] the only irrevocably stupid move is made by those who don&#39;t know jack and make blanket statements out of their ass. [/b][/quote]
    Yikes...hey, go easy, boss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry :D all the bike crash jokes put me in a foul mood

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 11:47 AM
    [b] sorry :D all the bike crash jokes put me in a foul mood [/b][/quote]
    Was that Henderson story a joke?? That&#39;s annoying...can&#39;t trust anything on the big board these days&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    that story wasn&#39;t a joke but apparently some people think its funny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it&#39;s not funny at all and people who make it out as a joke arent real fans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 12:22 PM
    [b] that story wasn&#39;t a joke but apparently some people think its funny [/b][/quote]
    Oh. Well...that&#39;s much worse.

People are idiots....