Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duke's Coach K: Poor Sportsmanship

All League
    Did anyone see the postgame news conference? This guy basically blames the referee&#39;s for his teams collapse, goes off on the reporter when questioned about the collapse & gives no credit to Calhoun. He barely shook Calhoun&#39;s hand after the game <_<

Anyone who has ever watched Duke play over the years KNOWS they get all of the calls :blink:

Bobby Knight, Jr.

What a P*ssy

Was he off base?

Reddick Was battered.

Veteran
    could you imagine how much better uconn would have played if okafor didnt get to cheesey fouls called against him in the first two minutes of the game. he sat almost the entire first half.

i would also have to agree duke usually does get all the calls especially at home.

Banned
    I think my fellow Terps fans put it best: F*CK DUKE&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by CUJet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:51 AM
    [b] Was he off base?

Reddick Was battered. [/b][/quote]
    Redick was not battered. He always flis thrugh the air trying to draw the foul and usually gets the call, from the angles I saw on Tv it was clsoe but I didn&#39;t see a foul. if there is another angle i did not see maybe he did got foul but i didn&#39;t see it. W/ that said the entire game changed in duke&#39;s favor w/ the horrible calls early in the game on okafor. On his first foul Shelden Williams bltantly travelled but there was no call and he rebounded his miss and Okafor fouled him. On Okafor&#39;s next foul it should have been awarded to Taliek brown but instead Okafor gets it and basically doesn&#39;t play for the next 20 mins. If okafor is able to play the whole game that game is never close. The refs were bad on both sides but for any duke fan to ever complain about officiating is the most laughable thing I have evr heard, they have a nat&#39;l title thanks to horrible calls back in &#39;01.

Hall Of Fame
    the refs blew

people forget that shelden had 2 quick files as well

people also forget that shelden and randolph both fouled out before okafor.

let the boys play.

I think I can safely speak for the entire state of Kentucky... F@#K DUKE&#33;

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 06:33 AM
    [b] I think my fellow Terps fans put it best: F*CK DUKE&#33; [/b][/quote]
    And a Carolina Fan would like to second that emotion - [b][i][font=Impact][SIZE=4][color=blue]F@#K DOOK[/font][/color][/SIZE][/i][/b]

TomShane
    Coach K whining about not getting foul calls is ridiculous. I&#39;d love it if someone pulled up the average free throw attempts per game taken over the last 10 years for Duke&#39;s games. They shoot more than twice as many as their opponents.

That said, the biggest a-hole in college basketball is Jim Calhoun.

Hall Of Fame
    [b][SIZE=4][color=blue]F the Tar Holes[/color][/SIZE][/b]

All League
    [b]
    Come on now, Mel, you used to live down here. You know the Heels are the deal. ;)
    [/b]
    [img]http://enquirer.com/editions/2001/04/03/tear.jpg[/img]
    [SIZE=4][font=Arial][color=blue]WHAAAAAAA[/font][/color][/SIZE]

[quote][i]Originally posted by afosomf[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 11:37 AM
    [b] the refs blew

people forget that shelden had 2 quick files as well

people also forget that shelden and randolph both fouled out before okafor.

let the boys play. [/b][/quote]
    That is the problem with refs in all sports. What is called in one game may not be called in another game. It is upto the players and ultimately the coach to make an adjustment.

K blew it.

:D

Veteran
    call here, call there, it still boils down to 11 point collapse in last few minutes,,,,they had to choke or refs wouldnt even be in position to be questioned....

plus true, coach K has never been a graciuos loser......he doesnt lose much, but when he does , his actions reveal his true demeanor.........

Undrafted Free Agent
    I live down here in Duke country and I have to say that there was alot of cheesey fouls called on both teams. Then when some blatant fouls happened they called nothing......

Both teams played equally as bad and Coach Gay needs to shut his pie hole.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by southernjet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 10:29 AM
    [b] call here, call there, it still boils down to 11 point collapse in last few minutes,,,,they had to choke or refs wouldnt even be in position to be questioned....

plus true, coach K has never been a graciuos loser......he doesnt lose much, but when he does , his actions reveal his true demeanor......... [/b][/quote]
    Look at southernjet, he&#39;s become a statesman&#33; ;)

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GreenBeans+Apr 5 2004, 09:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (GreenBeans @ Apr 5 2004, 09:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--southernjet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 10:29 AM
    [b] call here, call there, it still boils down to 11 point collapse in last few minutes,,,,they had to choke or refs wouldnt even be in position to be questioned....

plus true, coach K has never been a graciuos loser......he doesnt lose much, but when he does , his actions reveal his true demeanor......... [/b][/quote]
    Look at southernjet, he&#39;s become a statesman&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
    statesmen on a slice of rye ;)

i know [b]you[/b] can read between the lines ;)

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by southernjet+Apr 5 2004, 10:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (southernjet @ Apr 5 2004, 10:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -GreenBeans@Apr 5 2004, 09:33 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--southernjet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 10:29 AM

Look at southernjet, he&#39;s become a statesman&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
    statesmen on a slice of rye ;)

i know [b]you[/b] can read between the lines ;) [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what I thought, that&#39;s just exactly what I thought. It is just such a shame to see the Dookies coming home... ;)

Practice Squad
    UCONN, deserves credit for coming back, Duke took some bad shoots at the end, but reddick was fouled at the end of the game, and the foul that randolph got at the end was bullcrap. So the refs did play a big part of it. And Duke does not always get all the calls, ( okay maybe at home) , but it was the same thing with the bulls and jordan, they always got the calls, and its the same thing with the lakers now.

[quote][i]Originally posted by white lightning[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 10:28 AM
    [b] UCONN, deserves credit for coming back, Duke took some bad shoots at the end, but reddick was fouled at the end of the game, and the foul that randolph got at the end was bullcrap. So the refs did play a big part of it. And Duke does not always get all the calls, ( okay maybe at home) , but it was the same thing with the bulls and jordan, they always got the calls, and its the same thing with the lakers now. [/b][/quote]
    The refs were bad for both sides, from the replay I saw the Redick play was close and I thought there would be a foul called but I don&#39;t think it was a foul from the replays I saw. duke does always get the calls in the ACC but not usually the NCAA&#39;s except in &#39;01 when they handed them a Nat&#39;l Title. For any duke fan to complain that a game was actually poorly officiated evenly instead of overwhelmingly in their favor is insane.

On the Redick play it may have looked like a foul b/c he always flops when he shoots so he went flying but the ref didn&#39;t buy his act. Redick might be the most overrated player in the history of CBB, he has NEVER hit a big shot. He missed a WIDE open 3 to win the ACC title a few weeks back and missed an open 3 to tie last night. He seems to go 3 for 17 every game then hit a shot and taunt his opponent, watching him flop to the floor was priceless- it looked just like another overrated duke shooter(Trajan Langdon)in the &#39;99 Title game against UConn.

Hall Of Fame
    The Refs sucked on both sides

Okafor had a cheap file called and Williams and Randolph had at least 2 each.