Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE NEW JETS STADIUM

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [color=green][b]This one came from today's Crain's New York:[/b][/color]
    [quote][b][SIZE=3] [color=red][b]Ferrer not convinced about a Jets stadium[/b] [/color][/SIZE]

[b]Fernando Ferrer, a former and possibly future mayoral candidate, says he is very skeptical about a Jets stadium on Manhattan's West Side.

The stadium will compete with Madison Square Garden for events, he says, and the Bloomberg administration's promise that it will not affect the city budget is "a fantastic assertion."

Mr. Ferrer opposes using Battery Park City Authority proceeds--which were meant for affordable housing--for the project.[/b] [/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]And the Link:[/b][/color]
    [url=http://www.crainsny.com/news.cms?newsId=7697]Ferrer not convinced about a Jets stadium - Crain's New York[/url]

[color=green][b]So before someone jumps on my back again. This is due to a promice that I made to post BOTH sides of the media's report on the new stadium. It is up to you to make your own decisions...[/b][/color]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BaumerJet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:42 AM
    [b] [color=green][b]This one came from today's Crain's New York:[/b][/color]
    [quote][b][SIZE=3] [color=red][b]Ferrer not convinced about a Jets stadium[/b] [/color][/SIZE]

[b]Fernando Ferrer, a former and possibly future mayoral candidate, says he is very skeptical about a Jets stadium on Manhattan's West Side.

The stadium will compete with Madison Square Garden for events, he says, and the Bloomberg administration's promise that it will not affect the city budget is "a fantastic assertion."

Mr. Ferrer opposes using Battery Park City Authority proceeds--which were meant for affordable housing--for the project.[/b] [/b][/quote]
    [url=http://www.crainsny.com/news.cms?newsId=7697]Ferrer not convinced about a Jets stadium - Crain's New York[/url]

[color=green][b]So before someone jumps on my back again. This is due to a promice that I made to post BOTH sides of the media's report on the new stadium. It is up to you to make your own decisions...[/b][/color] [/b][/quote]
    waaaaah awaahhh Like there is any way this guy gets elected anyway. He's a clown.

Baumer, I know you don't want the staduim in New York, but Fernando Ferrer, HA HA

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fernando Ferrer is a guy who will NEVER EVER be the Mayor of NYC. His base of power is the Bronx but outside that borough he doesnty hold widespread support. His opinion is nothing more than a political cry for attention. Ferrer will be running against Gifford Miller (another jack off) and Betsy Gottbaum (who?...exactly!). I wish Giuliani would run but that wont happen so out of those clowns I choose Bloomberg,....not just because of the Stadium but because I supported his basic standards school policy where he ended social promotion.

Ferrer is not even in public office anymore....

LL

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Ferrer? :huh: Isn't that the guy who looks just like Groucho Marx? :lol:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fernando Ferrer doesn't like the stadium. Who cares? Walk down the street and find any resident of the city who doesn't want the stadium. Quote their name in an article and you have the equivalent to Fernando Ferrer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Newtown Jets+Apr 5 2004, 10:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Newtown Jets @ Apr 5 2004, 10:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BaumerJet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:42 AM
    [b] [color=green][b]This one came from today&#39;s Crain&#39;s New York:[/b][/color]

[b]Fernando Ferrer, a former and possibly future mayoral candidate, says he is very skeptical about a Jets stadium on Manhattan&#39;s West Side.

The stadium will compete with Madison Square Garden for events, he says, and the Bloomberg administration&#39;s promise that it will not affect the city budget is "a fantastic assertion."

[url=http://www.crainsny.com/news.cms?newsId=7697]Ferrer not convinced about a Jets stadium - Crain&#39;s New York[/url]

[color=green][b]So before someone jumps on my back again. This is due to a promice that I made to post BOTH sides of the media&#39;s report on the new stadium. It is up to you to make your own decisions...[/b][/color] [/b][/quote]
    waaaaah awaahhh Like there is any way this guy gets elected anyway. He&#39;s a clown.

Baumer, I know you don&#39;t want the staduim in New York, but Fernando Ferrer, HA HA [/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]Newtown, did you not read my cover?

I&#39;m only reporting both sides of this thing so that as INDIVIDUALS, we can come to our own conclusions.

No, I am not against our own home. I&#39;m just against the move into MANHATTAN. Anyone who has read my posts on this issue going back to 1999 know that I&#39;ve always felt the perfect location would be YONKERS RACEWAY. It is accessible to mass transit & major highways & would allow tailgating at ALL GAMES.

However, I&#39;m not posting back for that reason.

Undoubtably you&#39;re the one throwing the 1st stone because you did not read my disclaimer: I PLAN TO POST BOTH POSITIVE & NEGATIVE NEWS OVER THE STADIUM&#33;[/b][/color]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BaumerJet+Apr 5 2004, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (BaumerJet @ Apr 5 2004, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Newtown Jets@Apr 5 2004, 10:38 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--BaumerJet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:42 AM
    [b] [color=green][b]This one came from today&#39;s Crain&#39;s New York:[/b][/color]

[b]Fernando Ferrer, a former and possibly future mayoral candidate, says he is very skeptical about a Jets stadium on Manhattan&#39;s West Side.

The stadium will compete with Madison Square Garden for events, he says, and the Bloomberg administration&#39;s promise that it will not affect the city budget is "a fantastic assertion."

[url=http://www.crainsny.com/news.cms?newsId=7697]Ferrer not convinced about a Jets stadium - Crain&#39;s New York[/url]

[color=green][b]So before someone jumps on my back again. This is due to a promice that I made to post BOTH sides of the media&#39;s report on the new stadium. It is up to you to make your own decisions...[/b][/color] [/b][/quote]
    waaaaah awaahhh Like there is any way this guy gets elected anyway. He&#39;s a clown.

Baumer, I know you don&#39;t want the staduim in New York, but Fernando Ferrer, HA HA [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m only reporting both sides of this thing so that as INDIVIDUALS, we can come to our own conclusions.

No, I am not against our own home. I&#39;m just against the move into MANHATTAN. Anyone who has read my posts on this issue going back to 1999 know that I&#39;ve always felt the perfect location would be YONKERS RACEWAY. It is accessible to mass transit & major highways & would allow tailgating at ALL GAMES.

Undoubtably you&#39;re the one throwing the 1st stone because you did not read my disclaimer: I PLAN TO POST BOTH POSITIVE & NEGATIVE NEWS OVER THE STADIUM&#33;[/b][/color] [/b][/quote]
    YONKERS RACEWAY?????&#33;?&#33;&#33;??&#33;&#33;?

NO WAY JOSE.....That is in Westchester and not within the confines of NYC, F that&#33;

I think if you cant build it in Manhattan it should be placed at ...

1) Aqueduct Racetrack Train goes there, plenty of parking and close to Belt Parkway...

2) Near Shea Stadium....7 Train, Van Wyck, Grand Central Terminal and LIRR&#33;

Yonkers raceway is like Jersey..true it would be in NYS but they are the NY JETS and should play in NYC&#33;

LL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BaumerJet+Apr 5 2004, 12:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (BaumerJet @ Apr 5 2004, 12:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Newtown Jets@Apr 5 2004, 10:38 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--BaumerJet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:42 AM

Undoubtably you&#39;re the one throwing the 1st stone because you did not read my disclaimer: I PLAN TO POST BOTH POSITIVE & NEGATIVE NEWS OVER THE STADIUM&#33;[/b][/color] [/b][/quote]
    Fair enough Baumer, I&#39;m just frustrated with some of the oppostion to the staduim. I am from Newtown, CT and have been a season ticket holder for 8 years.

I hate driving to New Jersey and playing in Giants staduim, It cant be any worse in NY.

If i had my choice it would be Queens and even Yonkers, but that&#39;s not going to happen so I am going to support the West Side initiative because I really want the JETS to have thier own home.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newtown- my family&#39;s had season tix since the Jets were the Titans and I live in NYC. When you start paying taxes in this state and/or city, you can offer loud opinions about the stadium. Until then, SHUT UP with your uninformed rants.

People in Conn. don&#39;t even pay income tax for chrissakes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by regen[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 02:36 PM
    [b] Newtown- my family&#39;s had season tix since the Jets were the Titans and I live in NYC. When you start paying taxes in this state and/or city, you can offer loud opinions about the stadium. Until then, SHUT UP with your uninformed rants.

People in Conn. don&#39;t even pay income tax for chrissakes. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Regen, please get down off the cross, somebody really needs the wood. -_-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baumer, I am in 100% agreement with you. I think the team needs to be out of NJ, but Manhattan will be a nightmare.

However, that being said, it is a waste of time and effort to argue against this from happening. A Manhattan stadium will make the Jets the most money, and so that is precisely what will happen. Woody Johnson has the money and connections to make it happen, and a few residential groups will get swept out of the way. There is no doubt about it.

Start making your plans for mass transit or watching on TV, because Woody and his minions are wringing their hands with glee right at the money they&#39;re gonna collect. The "Fan&#39;s Owner" is gonna bleed us dry.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    jay cross was on CBS sunday talk show - he is an arrogant S.O.B. next week they are going to have the ooposition side to ths stadium on

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Newtown- my family&#39;s had season tix since the Jets were the Titans and I live in NYC. When you start paying taxes in this state and/or city, you can offer loud opinions about the stadium. Until then, SHUT UP with your uninformed rants.

Regen, considering you have the biggest mouth around on this issue, and freedom of speech is still law here in the good ol&#39; USA, perhaps you may want to reconsider telling everyone else how to think and what they can say, eh?

Just cause you live there doesn&#39;t mean your opinion is the only one worth a damn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets face it - no maqtter how we feel - our opinions don;t matter on the decisions on the stadium

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by regen[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] Newtown- my family&#39;s had season tix since the Jets were the Titans and I live in NYC. When you start paying taxes in this state and/or city, you can offer loud opinions about the stadium. Until then, SHUT UP with your uninformed rants.

Are you kidding you JOKE.

As matter of fact I worked in Manhatten for four years out of college and my wife and Dad work in the city and pay taxes you [color=blue]arrogant clown[/color]. But that doesn&#39;t matter.

Talk about an uninformed rant, what the hell do you mean we don&#39;t pay income tax.

I&#39;ve had season tickets for eight years and I&#39;m going to back a NY staduim loudly you puke.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are the arrogant clown. Oh, you lived in the city for a couple of years? Who cares? You don&#39;t live here now. You live in Connecticut ( a state that doesn&#39;t have income taxes, moron). It&#39;s not your taxes that will go to pay for this boondogle, so you should just shut up.

Eight years a season tix holder? Try forty years pal.

I know, why don&#39;t you go play polo or golf or whatever else you do up up in the Nutmeg state. Why don&#39;t you root for the Pats, since you&#39;ve demonstrated the low IQ of a pats fan.

Your unwarranted attacks on Baumer- one of the best posters on this board- for presenting BOTH SIDES of the argument demonstrate your utter stupidity. You make me sick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warfish-

When I start spouting off on an issue of local concern to Virginia, you can tell me to put a sock in it. If it ain&#39;t your taxes, mind your own bee&#39;s wax.

You should really try and stick to football and fishing, dude.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I live in NYC, I have to come to Newtown&#39;s assistance, Regen.

Don&#39;t know where you&#39;re getting your flawed information, but the last time I checked, there IS income tax in Connecticut.

Next&#33;

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    big Al- since you live in NYC (or even New York state) your opinions on the new stadium are welcome. I just think people from virginia and Connecticut have no right to pipe up when it isn&#39;t their tax money that the politicians want to spend. And especially when they are so supportive of spending our tax money, not theirs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since I am completely biased (live/work/play in NYC, pay NYC taxes) I will throw in a few pennies.

I find it interesting that only when something is this big do people chime up. The State, The Fed have been using your taxes for the most worthless, souless, horrible things since the day your paid your first tax. 300 Million might seem like a lot, but in the State or Federal world of Tax revenue, it is chump change.

According to the IBO (Ind Budget Office of New York) New York City brings in 27 Billion a year in revenue. [url=http://www.ibo.nyc.ny.us/]http://www.ibo.nyc.ny.us/[/url]

If you want a say in how your tax dollars are spent, vote and vote often. Vote local. Vote State. Vote federal.

[url=http://www.cbcny.org/myth.pdf]http://www.cbcny.org/myth.pdf[/url] (interesting article about saving NYC &#036;1 Billion a year)

The problem is, only 50% of Americans go the polls (and less for local/state).

BZ