Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE NEW JETS STADIUM

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by regen[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:47 PM
    [b] You are the arrogant clown. Oh, you lived in the city for a couple of years? Who cares? You don't live here now. You live in Connecticut ( a state that doesn't have income taxes, moron). It's not your taxes that will go to pay for this boondogle, so you should just shut up.

Eight years a season tix holder? Try forty years pal.

I know, why don't you go play polo or golf or whatever else you do up up in the Nutmeg state. Why don't you root for the Pats, since you've demonstrated the low IQ of a pats fan.

Your unwarranted attacks on Baumer- one of the best posters on this board- for presenting BOTH SIDES of the argument demonstrate your utter stupidity. You make me sick. [/b][/quote]
    HA HA, Yes, I think I will go out and play some polo, you smuck.

Are you going to hate me because I live In CT, what the hell does that have anything to do with being a JET fan and wanting a staduim of our own closer to CT and where the JEts belong in NY.

And while it would be great if we didn't have income taxes unfortunately we do, clown

You are a dope, what did you get through gradeschool only. Only people that live in NY can be Jet fans and weigh in on this issue.

I have season tickets and no, I haven't for 40 years, I'm only 33 but that allows me the right to talk about the JETs and where they will be playing.

My understanding from the plan is that your taxes will not go up, but it will on tourism side. You forget to also point out the JObs that will come from this endeavor.

Dude, I'm not sure what your problem is, But maybe you should get some leg tonight or go lift some cars.

[quote][b]You should really try and stick to football and fishing, dude.[/b][/quote]

If I didn't know better regen, I would take that as a compliment (i.e. on my vast Football and Fishing knowledge). Matter fo fact, I should be in new York for a while this summer, hoping to do a bit of Long Island Saltwater Inshore fishing.......

[quote][b]I just think people from virginia and Connecticut have no right to pipe up when it isn't their tax money that the politicians want to spend. And especially when they are so supportive of spending our tax money, not theirs. [/b][/quote]

Dear gosh regen, how much tax money are YOU and YOURS really putting INTO the system that you are so indignant over it's misuse? And I mean JUST your city tax??

Fact is, the City and State of New York spend "your" tax money on any number of things you might find objectionable. That doesn't mean they are going to change policy because you disagree....

While you are correct that I have no fiscal interest, I do have a rooting interest in where the JETS play, and again, there is this small thing called Freedom of Speech that allows me to root all I want for the new Stadium, regardless of your feelings on it. Sorry man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The real irony here is that we in Northern VA would LOVE to get a new Stadium built so we could get a MLB team (Expos). But OUR politicans think it's a bad idea, so no go for the stadium and therefore no team.

So we live without a Baseball team for a few more decades (and lose the economic and scoial benifits of said team in the interim)..........

Oh, I almost forgot, you can take ALL of my Virginia State Tax money, for the REST of my life, if it gets the JETS a new Stadium in New York City.

Of course, the Commonwealth may not want to share, but that's your problem.....

EDIT: Regen, do you really want the Jets to stay in GIANTS Stadium?? Or are you just against the proposal because of the Public funding aspect.

?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

This is politics at it`s best ,republicans in office are backing something that`s going to bring close to 20,000 jobs in N.Y. and thats just construction related jobs another couple of thousand full time & part time jobs not to mention a ton of new ratables that will bring money into the community & schools and keep taxes from riseing.... but since it`s backed by repub. in an election year all DEMS. present & former believe this is evil...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Newtown Jets[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b] My understanding from the plan is that your taxes will not go up, but it will on tourism side. You forget to also point out the JObs that will come from this endeavor. [/b][/quote]
    i'm no real estate expert, but from what i've read that's not entirely true...
    first, the tax plan is to incrementally increase all property / business taxes based on the likelihood they will benefit from the stadium, i.e., incrementally depending on how close they are to the site. if property tax and cost of doing business go up, everything inflates.
    second, that tax plan (called Tax-Incremented Financing or TIF) is something of a 'blank check', in that it can be written for almost any amount, because it is underwritten by, guess who, the taxpayers. supposedly, both sides agree that there will likely be some degree of default, admittedly far in the future, but they vary widely on what degree. the initial proposal would have required an additional 40 million+ sf of commercial space to be built in 10 yrs. to cover costs and avoid default. The current plan says that a total of 28 million sf would be built between 2010 and 2035. consider this: during what was the biggest recent real estate boom in history, between 1996 and 2002, only seven towers were built in Manhattan, for a total of 6.5 million sf, according to the Real Estate Board of New York.

the other problem with financing this way in the current situation is the reality of the fact that manhattan has never been faced with so many viable competitors for office space locations in the area (nj, queens, etc.), so if the cost of developing on manhattan is too great, it won't happen.

Warfish- I'm not against a new stadium. I think Woody should fund it himself; he can raise private capital or sell his shares in Johnson & Johnson. and I'm happy to contribute in the form of a Personal Seat License for all of my six seats. I just don't think taxpayers should contribute, especially when there are much more pressing needs (i.e. better public schools, which my kids attend and are in a soory state in much of the city) I also think a stadium in Queens is much more feasible.

On the fishing front, I have a boat in Sag Harbor and can tell you the saltwater angling is phenomonal off of long Island. Fluke and stripers especially. If you need any advice on where to go, check out noreast.com. a good resource.

[quote][b]On the fishing front, I have a boat in Sag Harbor and can tell you the saltwater angling is phenomonal off of long Island. Fluke and stripers especially. If you need any advice on where to go, check out noreast.com. a good resource. [/b][/quote]

Thanks for the links. I used to live right close to Bay Park out on Long Island. I'd fish the all the different docks in that area for Fluke and Flounder (I love Flounder fishing) and at that age (early teens) for anything that would bite, LOL. It's only since I've lived down here that I have become the master angler I am today, LOL! Sadly, I only get Salty fishing once or twice a year (in Ocean City MD). I am mostly a Catfish guy these days, fishign the Rivers and Lakes on Northern and Central VA.

Trust me Regen, I DO see your side and I do feel your pain. I can say this: I just want the Jets in a place built only for them, regardless of where or how it's done (I know, easy for me to say and you're 100% right, it is.) I don't have kids and don't plan on havin um'. I have been going on the assumption that the Manhatten Plan is the ONLY one that can happen, so I back it, and I would back it even if I lived right next door to ya (again, easy for me to say since I don't have kids and don't use many public facillities beyond Mass Transit, which ALWAYS needs more money, even here LOL).

In the end, I know I'm an out of state'er now. I know I'm not a New Yorker anymore (sad as that is to say sometimes). I know I can't get to home games much either (although once my fiscals change...) but I still feel the JETS NEED a home of their OWN, not a place they share.

I know it's not the place that makes a team, but the fans (as many have said before). But having a Stadium of your own, a HOME in capital letters, in ADDITON to the killer fans so many of us are, well, it's a whole nother level. I see it in Washington, and I've sen it in Philly. I want to someday see it in New York (or Maybe Nassau County, LOL).

All League
    Well, I was going to offer my OPINION on the stadium issue just for the heck of it, but I guess I'm not allowed and Regen might yell at me and tell me to shut up cause my opinions as a nonNew York City resident are unwelcome and downright ILLEGAL!! Right, you self~righteous, martyr complex having ASS?!

Dude, we don't CARE if you've been a season ticket holder for 40 years, BIG DEAL! Congrats on managing to stay alive long enough to make that claim, but that doesn't mean you are a better fan than anyone, it just makes you old, and last I heard, DISCUSSION on a MESSAGE BOARD is open for all on ANY subject. Don't agree? Deal with it CHUMP.

I mean, maybe we should all keep our opinions on the Jets to ourselves, none of us here are on the staff or ownership, Right? SO what RIGHT do we have making comments?

Regan, you are an arrogant, insulting, petty little fool who needs to grow up and maybe understand the purpose of this message board. Don't want the new stadium? Lobby against it, join an activist group...heck, chain yourself to a Fire Hydrant on the proposed site for all I care, but in THIS COUNTRY nobody has the right to tell us what we can discuss, what our opinions "should be", and what we have a "Right" to talk about.

Now go crawl back in your hole, troll.

warfish- the flounder fishing has been horrible for about three years now. season opened a few weeks ago and it's been slim pickings. fluke are great in the warmer months, but they just raised the size limit to 18" and three per day. dude, you really oughta try going for stripers. best saltwater angling there is. and good eats too.

jetmedic- you can have your (stupid) opinions, i just don't think you have anything at stake since you live out of state. i've also found your posts to be lame in the extreme, and you strike me as a crypto-fascist. i fart in your general direction.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by mreis171[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 02:14 PM
    [b]Baumer, I am in 100% agreement with you. I think the team needs to be out of NJ, but Manhattan will be a nightmare.

However, that being said, it is a waste of time and effort to argue against this from happening. A Manhattan stadium will make the Jets the most money, and so that is precisely what will happen. Woody Johnson has the money and connections to make it happen, and a few residential groups will get swept out of the way. There is no doubt about it.

Start making your plans for mass transit or watching on TV, because Woody and his minions are wringing their hands with glee right at the money they're gonna collect. The "Fan's Owner" is gonna bleed us dry.[/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]Precisely what I've been trying to say all along. This whole deal has nothing to do with the FANS having their own home. It's all about the money that the JETS will get in PSL's, rental fees Et Al..

And just think of the hell we'd be going through if the Dolans' had been the ones the NFL gave the franchise to! :o [/b][/color]

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by regen[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 11:12 PM
    [b] warfish- the flounder fishing has been horrible for about three years now. season opened a few weeks ago and it's been slim pickings. fluke are great in the warmer months, but they just raised the size limit to 18" and three per day. dude, you really oughta try going for stripers. best saltwater angling there is. and good eats too.

jetmedic- you can have your (stupid) opinions, i just don't think you have anything at stake since you live out of state. i've also found your posts to be lame in the extreme, and you strike me as a crypto-fascist. i fart in your general direction. [/b][/quote]
    The CT side of the sound is much more productive for Big Stripers, HA HA I Have a boat in Stamford, am I allowed to fish REGan you j**k ass.

MEDIC- Spot on post on this clown REgan.

40 years, quit your *****ing and save your money regan, The Jets are coming to Manhatten and I hope that have to tear down the apartment your in to build a subway for the staduim.

Sorry everyone else, I don't usually get this way, but this guy is a Joke.

Baumer- You make some good points brother.