Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Jamie Henderson's accident

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that it is official and the link has been provided, how does this effect our draft strategy?

JH's status on the team was unclear as it was

is he a safety or CB??

not quite sure where he was going to be penciled in at, but obviously we are thinner at either position at this point

so the question nags, Must we go DB in the first round??

and if this becomes our most pressing need at this point, how does this knowledge effect our trading leverage??

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Henderson injury may make CB more of a priority than it was before.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well,

tragedy aside, they will need a CB/S player drafted in the first three rounds. So does that mean they go the safety route....or maybe a hybrid cb/s....

but they will draft one in the first three rounds...

LL

TomShane
    Word. A CB will be one of the 4th round picks.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Henderson's injury means we will have to take a DB in the late rounds to replace him. Why in the world would his injury force us to change our 1st round pick? It's not as if Henderson ever was or ever would become a top quality DB. The guy is our Dime back and nothing more. There are plenty of Dime backs to be had in the late rounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] Word. A CB will be one of the 4th round picks. [/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]I agree & I wouldn't be surprised that BOTH #4's are for CB's.
    That is unless DeAngelo Hall is still available by the 12th pick.

I may be changing my Mock draft as well over this...[/b][/color]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] Henderson's injury means we will have to take a DB in the late rounds to replace him. Why in the world would his injury force us to change our 1st round pick? It's not as if Henderson ever was or ever would become a top quality DB. The guy is our Dime back and nothing more. There are plenty of Dime backs to be had in the late rounds. [/b][/quote]
    really, I thought he had alot more potential than that

he was being talked up pretty big before the shoulder injury

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Henderson I hope recovers well from his accident but talking about his potential on the field always seemed to be just that- talk. He was constantly with some different injury and the coaching staff can not seem to decide whether he was a cornerback or safety. We still need regardless to take a cornerback maybe two with our draft picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 12:08 PM
    [b] Now that it is official and the link has been provided, how does this effect our draft strategy?

JH's status on the team was unclear as it was

is he a safety or CB??

not quite sure where he was going to be penciled in at, but obviously we are thinner at either position at this point

so the question nags, Must we go DB in the first round??

and if this becomes our most pressing need at this point, how does this knowledge effect our trading leverage?? [/b][/quote]
    One of the guys from the Club just asked me (just sent out the update on Henderson) if we can get any compensation in the Draft due to his injury and my answer to him would be no. Is this correct ?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 5 2004, 01:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 5 2004, 01:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Boozer76[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] Henderson&#39;s injury means we will have to take a DB in the late rounds to replace him. Why in the world would his injury force us to change our 1st round pick? It&#39;s not as if Henderson ever was or ever would become a top quality DB. The guy is our Dime back and nothing more. There are plenty of Dime backs to be had in the late rounds. [/b][/quote]

he was being talked up pretty big before the shoulder injury [/b][/quote]
    Sure he has potential but he has yet to realize any of it. Losing him at this point mans that we are without a dime back. We can most likely draft a CB to play dime in the 5th round or so. That draftee will likely have just as much potential to become more than just a dime back. Look at it this way, did you really expect the Jets to convert J Henderson to a starting CB anytime this year or even the year after?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76+Apr 5 2004, 01:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Boozer76 @ Apr 5 2004, 01:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Apr 5 2004, 01:03 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Boozer76[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] Henderson&#39;s injury means we will have to take a DB in the late rounds to replace him. Why in the world would his injury force us to change our 1st round pick? It&#39;s not as if Henderson ever was or ever would become a top quality DB. The guy is our Dime back and nothing more. There are plenty of Dime backs to be had in the late rounds. [/b][/quote]

Sure he has potential but he has yet to realize any of it. Losing him at this point mans that we are without a dime back. We can most likely draft a CB to play dime in the 5th round or so. That draftee will likely have just as much potential to become more than just a dime back. Look at it this way, did you really expect the Jets to convert J Henderson to a starting CB anytime this year or even the year after? [/b][/quote]
    maybe not but prior to the shoulder I thought he may have had the chance to push Beasley

but I digress....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 5 2004, 01:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 5 2004, 01:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Boozer76@Apr 5 2004, 01:23 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Apr 5 2004, 01:03 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Boozer76[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 12:28 PM

Sure he has potential but he has yet to realize any of it. Losing him at this point mans that we are without a dime back. We can most likely draft a CB to play dime in the 5th round or so. That draftee will likely have just as much potential to become more than just a dime back. Look at it this way, did you really expect the Jets to convert J Henderson to a starting CB anytime this year or even the year after? [/b][/quote]
    maybe not but prior to the shoulder I thought he may have had the chance to push Beasley

but I digress.... [/b][/quote]
    LOL Mean Bro, you and I would have a good chance to push Beasley for a starting job. And I weight 215 and can probably run a 40 in about 5 minutes lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we picked a CB early, where did Henderson fit in? In all our CB talks, we never even mentioned him (I think we are used to him being hurt). I guess we could have gotten away with not picking a CB at all in the draft and that is no longer the case. If they had plans to move him to S, it means we&#39;ll have to pick one. Either way, I think we were gonna pick 1 CB and 1 S so nothing really changes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    with a trade down I go with DB-Matt Ware in the second...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boozer hit the nail on the henderson...

We can replace him with one of our 7th rounders. He&#39;s nothing more than a dime package db at best.

That aside, we all wish him well through this.