Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: nfl.coms mock

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bedford, PA
    Posts
    2,148
    how great would this be.

    [url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7232005]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7232005[/url]

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    Quarterbacks top this first mock draft

    By Pat Kirwan
    NFL.com Senior Analyst


    (April 4, 2004) -- With three weeks to go to the annual NFL draft, lots of things can change. But it's time to put my first mock draft up on NFL.com.

    I will revise this at least two times before the draft based on conversations I have around the league, late workout results, potential trades and, of course, any late free-agent signings that will influence a club's needs.

    1. SAN DIEGO -- ELI MANNING, QB. I'm not convinced San Diego will make this selection but I do feel someone who wants Manning will come to this spot to get him. Down the stretch, quarterbacks like Manning win in the draft rooms.

    2. OAKLAND -- BEN ROETHLISBERGER, QB. Once Manning leaves the board someone will want big Ben. It might not be the Raiders, but it could be. He is too close to Manning to let slip. I would have considered OT Robert Gallery here.

    3. ARIZONA -- LARRY FITZGERALD, WR. Coach Dennis Green knows Fitzgerald, the Cardinals need another weapon for their young quarterback and the quarterbacks might be gone by now. If so, the Cards could move down a spot or two and still get Fitzgerald.

    4. NEW YORK GIANTS -- ROBERT GALLERY, LT. This guy easily could be gone by the second spot. If the Giants move up for a QB, this is where Gallery will go. He could be a 12-year starter.

    5. WASHINGTON REDSKINS -- TOMMIE HARRIS, DT. The Redskins need help up front on defense. He helps the most. Sean Taylor is a name being placed here but a penetrating DT trumps a safety.

    6. DETROIT -- STEVEN JACKSON, RB. This would be a nice spot for TE Kellen Winslow, but the running back situation in Detroit needs to be fixed. Besides, West Coast coaches have found tight ends later in the draft for years.

    7. CLEVELAND -- KELLEN WINSLOW, TE. The Browns would have loved to move up for Gallery, but if they stay here and Winslow falls to them he's a great pick. Jeff Garcia will feed him the ball.

    8. ATLANTA -- MIKE WILLIAMS, WR. Rich McKay knows this kid, and IF he's eligible for the draft, he fits Atlanta's need: A big target who can give Michael Vick another dangerous weapon opposite Peerless Price. If Williams finds himself outside this draft, then Roy Williams works just as well.

    9. JACKSONVILLE -- KENECHI UDEZE, DE. A defensive-minded head coach who needs to replace Tony Brackens right now and Hugh Douglas in a few years likes what this kid can do. Just watch the Rose Bowl tapes. Roy Williams is also a great fit but Jack Del Rio saw what happened in Carolina when they built the defensive line first.

    10. HOUSTON -- DUNTA ROBINSON, CB. There could be some long discussions about Sean Taylor if is still available, but Robinson lets Dom Capers move Marcus Coleman to safety. A trade down is not out of the picture. General Manager Charley Casserly is one of the more capable draft-day traders.

    11. PITTSBURGH -- DEANGELO HALL, CB. Hall is rated ahead of Robinson on many draft boards but easily could land up going here. The Steelers need him badly. He's cocky but all the great corners are.

    [b]12. NEW YORK JETS -- SEAN TAYLOR. If Taylor falls to this spot the Jets will have their draft card up in 10 seconds. I know they signed Reggie Tongue after they didn't get John Lynch, but they need two safeties and their head coach played the position. If he's off the board, then LB D.J. Williams looks like a fit. [/b]

    13. BUFFALO -- ROY WILLIAMS, WR. The Bills will be ecstatic if Roy is still on the board. He answers the wide receiver issue from two years ago when Peerless Price left. Drew Bledsoe will be a better player overnight with this player on the field.

    14. CHICAGO -- VINCE WILFORK, DT. The Bears will have some excellent options at this point. Will Smith and a receiver like Reggie Williams are options, but passing on Wilfork will be hard to do.

    15. TAMPA BAY -- WILL SMITH, DE. Smith has all the attributes Monte Kiffin loves for his defense. Could make a case for Jonathan Vilma but lining Smith up opposite Simeon Rice is a better move. I really would like to see QB Phillip Rivers go here and be coached by Jon Gruden.

    16. SAN FRANCISCO -- REGGIE WILLIAMS, WR. Dennis Erickson has watched Reggie for his whole college career and might have even had him ranked higher than the other Williams receivers. The Niners need two receivers in this draft; here's the first one.

    17. CINCINNATI -- CHRIS GAMBLE, CB. This might be a bit early for Gamble but only the Bengals know how much they need a corner. They tried in free agency and they saw two come off the board already so either they will move down, which is not their style, or they will take him. They will get a running back later.

    18. NEW ORLEANS -- RANDY STARKS, DT. It's hard to find big men who can play fast and be disruptive. A linebacker like Vilma would be a nice fit but getting a young lineman to team up with Johnathan Sullivan makes the Saints better, especially with the hard-pounding Panthers in their division.

    19. MINNESOTA -- VERNON CAREY, OG. The Vikings would like to take a defensive end here but the best will be gone. Carey can help for a long time and the head coach is a former offensive line coach. The Vikings will get calls to trade down and the money-conscious Vikings will listen.

    20. MIAMI -- SHAWN ANDREWS, OT. The Dolphins must fix the offensive line. Even though they have been signing people in free agency, Andrews fits -- especially if Carey is gone.

    21. NEW ENGLAND -- CHRIS PERRY, RB. Some would argue for Kevin Jones from Virginia Tech, and they might be right. The Patriots would love a corner here so they could deal with Ty Law on their terms. They will have to move up to do that. Steven Jackson would have been a great fit at running back but they would have to give up too much to do that.

    22. DALLAS -- KEVIN JONES, RB. It doesn't look like Corey Dillon is headed to Texas, and Jones could still be on the board. If not, the Cowboys could take OLB Karlos Dansby right here and address the 3-4 package they want to install.

    23. SEATTLE -- JONATHAN VILMA, LB. The Seahawks need a middle linebacker/weakside linebacker who makes plays like Vilma. If he's gone they would look at his teammate D.J. Williams.

    24. DENVER -- D.J. WILLIAMS, LB. The Broncos could look at DT Marcus Tubbs here or TE Ben Troupe, but speed linebacker in Larry Coyer's defense is very important. Replacing Ian Gold has to get done. Williams is a bigger version of Gold and might be higher up the draft board than others have mentioned.

    25. GREEN BAY PACKERS -- PHILIP RIVERS, QB. I can't believe Rivers is still on the board, and neither can the Packers. Finally, someone in place to replace Brett Favre down the road. Look for teams in the next few weeks to move up 8-10 spots from here to grab Rivers. If Tim Couch goes to Green Bay, then this changes.

    26. ST. LOUIS -- ANTWAN ODOM, DE. The Rams would like a corner here but the top three are gone by now. So, they turn their attention to replacing Grant Wistrom. A bit of a reach in some people's eyes but need is need.

    27. TENNESSEE -- JUSTIN SMILEY, OG/OT. An NFL line coach told me Smiley was his second-ranked lineman. He also said lots of coaches love the guy. The Titans need defensive line help bad but will address it later.

    28. PHILADELPHIA -- KARLOS DANSBY, LB. The Eagles fixed wide receiver and defensive end in free agency. A running back would help but the top ones will be gone. A tall, athletic linebacker to really replace Carlos Emmons would works here even though they signed Dhani Jones from the Giants.

    29. INDIANAPOLIS -- DERRICK STRAIT, CB. The Colts would be happy if Strait were still on the board. If not, a linebacker like Dontarrious Thomas might fit. The Chiefs are right behind the Colts and need a corner. Will Poole ran too slow at his Pro Day to present options.

    30. KANSAS CITY -- MICHAEL CLAYTON, WR. There are some very good receivers to choose from at this point in the draft. Lee Evans and Rashard Woods are two others who could be under consideration.

    31. CAROLINA -- BEN TROUPE, TE. The Panthers need secondary help with the loss of two starters but might not have anyone on the board worthy of a first-round pick. Troupe needs to become a better blocker, but he is a weapon like they don't have in Carolina. They get a quality wide receiver with a later pick. CB Ricardo Colclough looks better in the second round.

    32. NEW ENGLAND -- CHRIS SNEE, OG. The Patriots could take center Jake Grove here but recent success with Boston College linemen might make Snee the choice.

    Others to consider for the first round at this time include C Jake Grove, WR Lee Evans, DT Marcus Tubbs and RB Greg Jones RB.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,207
    so we&#39;ll have our choice of sean taylor or roy williams? <_<
    i don&#39;t want to piss on anyone&#39;s parade, but this aint happening

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,629
    Would love to see it, but..........................

    Taylor will not be there at 12.

  5. #5
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:07 PM
    [b] Quarterbacks top this first mock draft

    By Pat Kirwan
    NFL.com Senior Analyst


    (April 4, 2004) -- With three weeks to go to the annual NFL draft, lots of things can change. But it&#39;s time to put my first mock draft up on NFL.com.

    I will revise this at least two times before the draft based on conversations I have around the league, late workout results, potential trades and, of course, any late free-agent signings that will influence a club&#39;s needs.

    1. SAN DIEGO -- ELI MANNING, QB. I&#39;m not convinced San Diego will make this selection but I do feel someone who wants Manning will come to this spot to get him. Down the stretch, quarterbacks like Manning win in the draft rooms.

    2. OAKLAND -- BEN ROETHLISBERGER, QB. Once Manning leaves the board someone will want big Ben. It might not be the Raiders, but it could be. He is too close to Manning to let slip. I would have considered OT Robert Gallery here.

    3. ARIZONA -- LARRY FITZGERALD, WR. Coach Dennis Green knows Fitzgerald, the Cardinals need another weapon for their young quarterback and the quarterbacks might be gone by now. If so, the Cards could move down a spot or two and still get Fitzgerald.

    4. NEW YORK GIANTS -- ROBERT GALLERY, LT. This guy easily could be gone by the second spot. If the Giants move up for a QB, this is where Gallery will go. He could be a 12-year starter.

    5. WASHINGTON REDSKINS -- TOMMIE HARRIS, DT. The Redskins need help up front on defense. He helps the most. Sean Taylor is a name being placed here but a penetrating DT trumps a safety.

    6. DETROIT -- STEVEN JACKSON, RB. This would be a nice spot for TE Kellen Winslow, but the running back situation in Detroit needs to be fixed. Besides, West Coast coaches have found tight ends later in the draft for years.

    7. CLEVELAND -- KELLEN WINSLOW, TE. The Browns would have loved to move up for Gallery, but if they stay here and Winslow falls to them he&#39;s a great pick. Jeff Garcia will feed him the ball.

    8. ATLANTA -- MIKE WILLIAMS, WR. Rich McKay knows this kid, and IF he&#39;s eligible for the draft, he fits Atlanta&#39;s need: A big target who can give Michael Vick another dangerous weapon opposite Peerless Price. If Williams finds himself outside this draft, then Roy Williams works just as well.

    9. JACKSONVILLE -- KENECHI UDEZE, DE. A defensive-minded head coach who needs to replace Tony Brackens right now and Hugh Douglas in a few years likes what this kid can do. Just watch the Rose Bowl tapes. Roy Williams is also a great fit but Jack Del Rio saw what happened in Carolina when they built the defensive line first.

    10. HOUSTON -- DUNTA ROBINSON, CB. There could be some long discussions about Sean Taylor if is still available, but Robinson lets Dom Capers move Marcus Coleman to safety. A trade down is not out of the picture. General Manager Charley Casserly is one of the more capable draft-day traders.

    11. PITTSBURGH -- DEANGELO HALL, CB. Hall is rated ahead of Robinson on many draft boards but easily could land up going here. The Steelers need him badly. He&#39;s cocky but all the great corners are.

    [b]12. NEW YORK JETS -- SEAN TAYLOR. If Taylor falls to this spot the Jets will have their draft card up in 10 seconds. I know they signed Reggie Tongue after they didn&#39;t get John Lynch, but they need two safeties and their head coach played the position. If he&#39;s off the board, then LB D.J. Williams looks like a fit. [/b]

    13. BUFFALO -- ROY WILLIAMS, WR. The Bills will be ecstatic if Roy is still on the board. He answers the wide receiver issue from two years ago when Peerless Price left. Drew Bledsoe will be a better player overnight with this player on the field.

    14. CHICAGO -- VINCE WILFORK, DT. The Bears will have some excellent options at this point. Will Smith and a receiver like Reggie Williams are options, but passing on Wilfork will be hard to do.

    15. TAMPA BAY -- WILL SMITH, DE. Smith has all the attributes Monte Kiffin loves for his defense. Could make a case for Jonathan Vilma but lining Smith up opposite Simeon Rice is a better move. I really would like to see QB Phillip Rivers go here and be coached by Jon Gruden.

    16. SAN FRANCISCO -- REGGIE WILLIAMS, WR. Dennis Erickson has watched Reggie for his whole college career and might have even had him ranked higher than the other Williams receivers. The Niners need two receivers in this draft; here&#39;s the first one.

    17. CINCINNATI -- CHRIS GAMBLE, CB. This might be a bit early for Gamble but only the Bengals know how much they need a corner. They tried in free agency and they saw two come off the board already so either they will move down, which is not their style, or they will take him. They will get a running back later.

    18. NEW ORLEANS -- RANDY STARKS, DT. It&#39;s hard to find big men who can play fast and be disruptive. A linebacker like Vilma would be a nice fit but getting a young lineman to team up with Johnathan Sullivan makes the Saints better, especially with the hard-pounding Panthers in their division.

    19. MINNESOTA -- VERNON CAREY, OG. The Vikings would like to take a defensive end here but the best will be gone. Carey can help for a long time and the head coach is a former offensive line coach. The Vikings will get calls to trade down and the money-conscious Vikings will listen.

    20. MIAMI -- SHAWN ANDREWS, OT. The Dolphins must fix the offensive line. Even though they have been signing people in free agency, Andrews fits -- especially if Carey is gone.

    21. NEW ENGLAND -- CHRIS PERRY, RB. Some would argue for Kevin Jones from Virginia Tech, and they might be right. The Patriots would love a corner here so they could deal with Ty Law on their terms. They will have to move up to do that. Steven Jackson would have been a great fit at running back but they would have to give up too much to do that.

    22. DALLAS -- KEVIN JONES, RB. It doesn&#39;t look like Corey Dillon is headed to Texas, and Jones could still be on the board. If not, the Cowboys could take OLB Karlos Dansby right here and address the 3-4 package they want to install.

    23. SEATTLE -- JONATHAN VILMA, LB. The Seahawks need a middle linebacker/weakside linebacker who makes plays like Vilma. If he&#39;s gone they would look at his teammate D.J. Williams.

    24. DENVER -- D.J. WILLIAMS, LB. The Broncos could look at DT Marcus Tubbs here or TE Ben Troupe, but speed linebacker in Larry Coyer&#39;s defense is very important. Replacing Ian Gold has to get done. Williams is a bigger version of Gold and might be higher up the draft board than others have mentioned.

    25. GREEN BAY PACKERS -- PHILIP RIVERS, QB. I can&#39;t believe Rivers is still on the board, and neither can the Packers. Finally, someone in place to replace Brett Favre down the road. Look for teams in the next few weeks to move up 8-10 spots from here to grab Rivers. If Tim Couch goes to Green Bay, then this changes.

    26. ST. LOUIS -- ANTWAN ODOM, DE. The Rams would like a corner here but the top three are gone by now. So, they turn their attention to replacing Grant Wistrom. A bit of a reach in some people&#39;s eyes but need is need.

    27. TENNESSEE -- JUSTIN SMILEY, OG/OT. An NFL line coach told me Smiley was his second-ranked lineman. He also said lots of coaches love the guy. The Titans need defensive line help bad but will address it later.

    28. PHILADELPHIA -- KARLOS DANSBY, LB. The Eagles fixed wide receiver and defensive end in free agency. A running back would help but the top ones will be gone. A tall, athletic linebacker to really replace Carlos Emmons would works here even though they signed Dhani Jones from the Giants.

    29. INDIANAPOLIS -- DERRICK STRAIT, CB. The Colts would be happy if Strait were still on the board. If not, a linebacker like Dontarrious Thomas might fit. The Chiefs are right behind the Colts and need a corner. Will Poole ran too slow at his Pro Day to present options.

    30. KANSAS CITY -- MICHAEL CLAYTON, WR. There are some very good receivers to choose from at this point in the draft. Lee Evans and Rashard Woods are two others who could be under consideration.

    31. CAROLINA -- BEN TROUPE, TE. The Panthers need secondary help with the loss of two starters but might not have anyone on the board worthy of a first-round pick. Troupe needs to become a better blocker, but he is a weapon like they don&#39;t have in Carolina. They get a quality wide receiver with a later pick. CB Ricardo Colclough looks better in the second round.

    32. NEW ENGLAND -- CHRIS SNEE, OG. The Patriots could take center Jake Grove here but recent success with Boston College linemen might make Snee the choice.

    Others to consider for the first round at this time include C Jake Grove, WR Lee Evans, DT Marcus Tubbs and RB Greg Jones RB. [/b][/quote]
    you&#39;re kidding right

  6. #6
    If Taylor is available at 12 I will be one happy motherfu*ker. :)

  7. #7
    <_< I would&#39;nt get our hopes up

  8. #8
    This would be to good to be true. i&#39;d love it if the jets got sean taylor at 12. i thought the redskins were very high on taylor though? how does taylor drop to 12?

  9. #9
    no one knows for sure what happens on draft day..
    but if that&#39;s the case..that&#39;s a tough choice..
    who would you rather have..potentially the next ronnie lott or the next randy moss?
    the jets have been looking for a safety for YEARS..so i guess it would have to be taylor.

  10. #10
    The reasoning behind every pick is solid. You can also see while he isn&#39;t predicting what trades happen, he is taking into consideration that trades will likely happen and he&#39;s determining the picks with those potential trades in mind. One thing I can guarantee is nobody will trade up for Sean Taylor. The S position is not one that NFL coaches feel is of utmost importance. Whlie a gamebreaking S is very good to have ala Ed Reed and R Williams, I just think that NFL coaches do feel that a great DT is more valuable to the team overall than a great S. For that reason, his prediction of WAS picking Harris makes alot of sense.

    One thing I do know for sure is I have never seen any mock that gets it right on every pick. In fact usually after the 1st 3 players are gone, it&#39;s anyone&#39;s guess. I would not be surprised to see Taylor fall to us simply for the fact that he is a S. And I&#39;d do a cartwheel if he did end up on our team.

  11. #11
    :lol: THATS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP IVE EVER SEEN TAYLOR GOING AFTER HALL AND DUNTA... AND DUNTA GOING BEFORE HALL IDK HOW HE HAD THE BALLS TO PUBLISH THAT... I FIRST SCROOLED DOWN RIGHT TO THE JETS AND THOUGHT IT WILL BE HALL OR VILMA LIKE ALL THE OTHER ONES SAY BUT WEN I SAW TAYLOR I KIND OF FELT GOOD UNTIL I SAW THE PEOLPE IN FRONT OF HIM AND I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF CAUSE IT WAS THE FUNNIEST MOCK EVER

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn/Austin
    Posts
    2,712
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyj102883[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 07:26 PM
    [b] :lol: THATS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP IVE EVER SEEN TAYLOR GOING AFTER HALL AND DUNTA... AND DUNTA GOING BEFORE HALL IDK HOW HE HAD THE BALLS TO PUBLISH THAT... I FIRST SCROOLED DOWN RIGHT TO THE JETS AND THOUGHT IT WILL BE HALL OR VILMA LIKE ALL THE OTHER ONES SAY BUT WEN I SAW TAYLOR I KIND OF FELT GOOD UNTIL I SAW THE PEOLPE IN FRONT OF HIM AND I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF CAUSE IT WAS THE FUNNIEST MOCK EVER [/b][/quote]
    Crazy things happen in the draft...Boss Bailey was rumored to be a definite 1st rounder, even top 20 draft pick...and he went in the second. Taylor is scaring people away with his combine numbers and attitude. Teams do not want to pick an attitude in the top 10...its too much of a risk, especially when there are so many good players in this draft.

    Corners usually go pretty high because teams are always looking for shut down corners, so even though its not totally likely, it is still very possible. If Taylor fell to the 12 pick, I would go nuts.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    ROCKAWAY,NJ
    Posts
    1,073
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 04:07 PM
    [b] Quarterbacks top this first mock draft

    By Pat Kirwan
    NFL.com Senior Analyst


    (April 4, 2004) -- With three weeks to go to the annual NFL draft, lots of things can change. But it&#39;s time to put my first mock draft up on NFL.com.

    I will revise this at least two times before the draft based on conversations I have around the league, late workout results, potential trades and, of course, any late free-agent signings that will influence a club&#39;s needs.

    1. SAN DIEGO -- ELI MANNING, QB. I&#39;m not convinced San Diego will make this selection but I do feel someone who wants Manning will come to this spot to get him. Down the stretch, quarterbacks like Manning win in the draft rooms.

    2. OAKLAND -- BEN ROETHLISBERGER, QB. Once Manning leaves the board someone will want big Ben. It might not be the Raiders, but it could be. He is too close to Manning to let slip. I would have considered OT Robert Gallery here.

    3. ARIZONA -- LARRY FITZGERALD, WR. Coach Dennis Green knows Fitzgerald, the Cardinals need another weapon for their young quarterback and the quarterbacks might be gone by now. If so, the Cards could move down a spot or two and still get Fitzgerald.

    4. NEW YORK GIANTS -- ROBERT GALLERY, LT. This guy easily could be gone by the second spot. If the Giants move up for a QB, this is where Gallery will go. He could be a 12-year starter.

    5. WASHINGTON REDSKINS -- TOMMIE HARRIS, DT. The Redskins need help up front on defense. He helps the most. Sean Taylor is a name being placed here but a penetrating DT trumps a safety.

    6. DETROIT -- STEVEN JACKSON, RB. This would be a nice spot for TE Kellen Winslow, but the running back situation in Detroit needs to be fixed. Besides, West Coast coaches have found tight ends later in the draft for years.

    7. CLEVELAND -- KELLEN WINSLOW, TE. The Browns would have loved to move up for Gallery, but if they stay here and Winslow falls to them he&#39;s a great pick. Jeff Garcia will feed him the ball.

    8. ATLANTA -- MIKE WILLIAMS, WR. Rich McKay knows this kid, and IF he&#39;s eligible for the draft, he fits Atlanta&#39;s need: A big target who can give Michael Vick another dangerous weapon opposite Peerless Price. If Williams finds himself outside this draft, then Roy Williams works just as well.

    9. JACKSONVILLE -- KENECHI UDEZE, DE. A defensive-minded head coach who needs to replace Tony Brackens right now and Hugh Douglas in a few years likes what this kid can do. Just watch the Rose Bowl tapes. Roy Williams is also a great fit but Jack Del Rio saw what happened in Carolina when they built the defensive line first.

    10. HOUSTON -- DUNTA ROBINSON, CB. There could be some long discussions about Sean Taylor if is still available, but Robinson lets Dom Capers move Marcus Coleman to safety. A trade down is not out of the picture. General Manager Charley Casserly is one of the more capable draft-day traders.

    11. PITTSBURGH -- DEANGELO HALL, CB. Hall is rated ahead of Robinson on many draft boards but easily could land up going here. The Steelers need him badly. He&#39;s cocky but all the great corners are.

    [b]12. NEW YORK JETS -- SEAN TAYLOR. If Taylor falls to this spot the Jets will have their draft card up in 10 seconds. I know they signed Reggie Tongue after they didn&#39;t get John Lynch, but they need two safeties and their head coach played the position. If he&#39;s off the board, then LB D.J. Williams looks like a fit. [/b]

    13. BUFFALO -- ROY WILLIAMS, WR. The Bills will be ecstatic if Roy is still on the board. He answers the wide receiver issue from two years ago when Peerless Price left. Drew Bledsoe will be a better player overnight with this player on the field.

    14. CHICAGO -- VINCE WILFORK, DT. The Bears will have some excellent options at this point. Will Smith and a receiver like Reggie Williams are options, but passing on Wilfork will be hard to do.

    15. TAMPA BAY -- WILL SMITH, DE. Smith has all the attributes Monte Kiffin loves for his defense. Could make a case for Jonathan Vilma but lining Smith up opposite Simeon Rice is a better move. I really would like to see QB Phillip Rivers go here and be coached by Jon Gruden.

    16. SAN FRANCISCO -- REGGIE WILLIAMS, WR. Dennis Erickson has watched Reggie for his whole college career and might have even had him ranked higher than the other Williams receivers. The Niners need two receivers in this draft; here&#39;s the first one.

    17. CINCINNATI -- CHRIS GAMBLE, CB. This might be a bit early for Gamble but only the Bengals know how much they need a corner. They tried in free agency and they saw two come off the board already so either they will move down, which is not their style, or they will take him. They will get a running back later.

    18. NEW ORLEANS -- RANDY STARKS, DT. It&#39;s hard to find big men who can play fast and be disruptive. A linebacker like Vilma would be a nice fit but getting a young lineman to team up with Johnathan Sullivan makes the Saints better, especially with the hard-pounding Panthers in their division.

    19. MINNESOTA -- VERNON CAREY, OG. The Vikings would like to take a defensive end here but the best will be gone. Carey can help for a long time and the head coach is a former offensive line coach. The Vikings will get calls to trade down and the money-conscious Vikings will listen.

    20. MIAMI -- SHAWN ANDREWS, OT. The Dolphins must fix the offensive line. Even though they have been signing people in free agency, Andrews fits -- especially if Carey is gone.

    21. NEW ENGLAND -- CHRIS PERRY, RB. Some would argue for Kevin Jones from Virginia Tech, and they might be right. The Patriots would love a corner here so they could deal with Ty Law on their terms. They will have to move up to do that. Steven Jackson would have been a great fit at running back but they would have to give up too much to do that.

    22. DALLAS -- KEVIN JONES, RB. It doesn&#39;t look like Corey Dillon is headed to Texas, and Jones could still be on the board. If not, the Cowboys could take OLB Karlos Dansby right here and address the 3-4 package they want to install.

    23. SEATTLE -- JONATHAN VILMA, LB. The Seahawks need a middle linebacker/weakside linebacker who makes plays like Vilma. If he&#39;s gone they would look at his teammate D.J. Williams.

    24. DENVER -- D.J. WILLIAMS, LB. The Broncos could look at DT Marcus Tubbs here or TE Ben Troupe, but speed linebacker in Larry Coyer&#39;s defense is very important. Replacing Ian Gold has to get done. Williams is a bigger version of Gold and might be higher up the draft board than others have mentioned.

    25. GREEN BAY PACKERS -- PHILIP RIVERS, QB. I can&#39;t believe Rivers is still on the board, and neither can the Packers. Finally, someone in place to replace Brett Favre down the road. Look for teams in the next few weeks to move up 8-10 spots from here to grab Rivers. If Tim Couch goes to Green Bay, then this changes.

    26. ST. LOUIS -- ANTWAN ODOM, DE. The Rams would like a corner here but the top three are gone by now. So, they turn their attention to replacing Grant Wistrom. A bit of a reach in some people&#39;s eyes but need is need.

    27. TENNESSEE -- JUSTIN SMILEY, OG/OT. An NFL line coach told me Smiley was his second-ranked lineman. He also said lots of coaches love the guy. The Titans need defensive line help bad but will address it later.

    28. PHILADELPHIA -- KARLOS DANSBY, LB. The Eagles fixed wide receiver and defensive end in free agency. A running back would help but the top ones will be gone. A tall, athletic linebacker to really replace Carlos Emmons would works here even though they signed Dhani Jones from the Giants.

    29. INDIANAPOLIS -- DERRICK STRAIT, CB. The Colts would be happy if Strait were still on the board. If not, a linebacker like Dontarrious Thomas might fit. The Chiefs are right behind the Colts and need a corner. Will Poole ran too slow at his Pro Day to present options.

    30. KANSAS CITY -- MICHAEL CLAYTON, WR. There are some very good receivers to choose from at this point in the draft. Lee Evans and Rashard Woods are two others who could be under consideration.

    31. CAROLINA -- BEN TROUPE, TE. The Panthers need secondary help with the loss of two starters but might not have anyone on the board worthy of a first-round pick. Troupe needs to become a better blocker, but he is a weapon like they don&#39;t have in Carolina. They get a quality wide receiver with a later pick. CB Ricardo Colclough looks better in the second round.

    32. NEW ENGLAND -- CHRIS SNEE, OG. The Patriots could take center Jake Grove here but recent success with Boston College linemen might make Snee the choice.

    Others to consider for the first round at this time include C Jake Grove, WR Lee Evans, DT Marcus Tubbs and RB Greg Jones RB. [/b][/quote]
    [b]FROM YOUR MOUTH TOO GOD EAR PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN [/b]

  14. #14
    what&#39;s with his attitude?

  15. #15
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:21 PM
    [b] One thing I do know for sure is I have never seen any mock that gets it right on every pick. In fact usually after the 1st 3 players are gone, it&#39;s anyone&#39;s guess. [/b][/quote]
    There was a few big surprises in last years draft. Jonathin Sullivan at #5. Remember how Marcus Trufant was a lock for the Vikings and they ended up drafting Kevin Williams? Boos was a 2nd rounder when everyone swore he would not make it out of the top 10. Jimmy Kennedy slipped to the Rams. On draft day anything can happen.

  16. #16
    its pretty safe to say that the consensus is that, if the jets get taylor, we as jets fans will, for the first time ever, be happy with our 1st rd. selection.

  17. #17
    Yeah sure Dunta and Hall before Taylor. This although it would be great for us is a pipe dream. Why not Fitz or Gallery falling to 12 while their at it?

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TossesToMosses[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:41 PM
    [b] its pretty safe to say that the consensus is that, if the jets get taylor, we as jets fans will, for the first time ever, be happy with our 1st rd. selection. [/b][/quote]
    dont count on it

    there will still be screams, I can hear it now


    "Fire Terry&#39;s dumb ass, we could have traded down to 13 and he would have still been there, what a dumbass"

  19. #19
    Hey MeanBro,

    I thought you were Terry, but now I&#39;m sure your Herm&#33;
    :lol:

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MickeyShuler[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 04:05 PM
    [b] Hey MeanBro,

    I thought you were Terry, but now I&#39;m sure your Herm&#33;
    :lol: [/b][/quote]
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrr <_<

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us